Page 551 of 555 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555 LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    True, because Jon was a threat to Danys throne both Arya and Tyrion believed that Dany would ultimately kill Jon and his sisters. Hard to say whether or not that was true... but that perhaps more than anything is probably what pushed Jon to do what he needed to do.
    It was to parallel Ned.

Varys got Ned to break his honor for the good of the realm because it would protect Sansa and Arya.

Tyrion got Jon to break his honor for the good of the realm because it would protect Sansa and Arya.

Jon got the punishment Ned was supposed to get if Joffrey wasn’t an idiot

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

D&D should've had Jon take control of Drogon and have him destroy the Iron Throne. Rather than kill Dany. Since D&D had the dragon destroy it anyway. I assume they were going for a Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings motif; "the Iron Throne is a Horcrux/the One Ring" and everyone who possesses/desires them turns evil.

I hate talking about GoT. The creators stopped caring. So why should we?

Not buying season 8 on blu ray. I don't hate money enough to support the show anymore.

Astonishing Member

Game of Thrones Emmy Nominations:
    -------------------------------------

Drama Series
    --------------
    “Better Call Saul” (AMC)
    “Bodyguard” (Netflix)
    “Game of Thrones” (HBO)
    “Killing Eve” (AMC/BBC America)
    “Ozark” (Netflix)
    “Pose” (FX)
    “Succession” (HBO)
    “This Is Us” (NBC)

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Jason Bateman (“Ozark”)
    Sterling K. Brown (“This Is Us”)
    Kit Harington (“Game of Thrones”)
    Bob Odenkirk (“Better Call Saul”)
    Billy Porter (“Pose”)
    Milo Ventimiglia (“This Is Us”)

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Emilia Clarke (“Game of Thrones”)
    Jodie Comer (“Killing Eve”)
    Viola Davis (“How to Get Away With Murder”)
    Laura Linney (“Ozark”)
    Mandy Moore (“This Is Us”)
    Sandra Oh (“Killing Eve”)
    Robin Wright (“House of Cards”)

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Gwendoline Christie (“Game of Thrones”)
    Julia Garner (“Ozark”)
    Lena Headey (“Game of Thrones”)
    Fiona Shaw (“Killing Eve”)
    Sophie Turner (“Game of Thrones”)
    Maisie Williams (“Game of Thrones”)

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Alfie Allen (“Game of Thrones”)
    Jonathan Banks (“Better Call Saul”)
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldeau (“Game of Thrones”)
    Peter Dinklage (“Game of Thrones”)
    Giancarlo Esposito (“Better Call Saul”)
    Michael Kelly (“House of Cards”)
    Chris Sullivan (“This Is Us”)

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

Laverne Cox (“Orange Is the New Black”)
    Cherry Jones (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)
    Jessica Lange (“American Horror Story: Apocalypse”)
    Phylicia Rashad (“This Is Us”)
    Cicely Tyson (“How to Get Away With Murder”)
    Carice van Houten (“Game of Thrones”)

Directing for a Drama Series

“Game of Thrones,” “The Iron Throne,” HBO (David Benioff, D.B. Weiss)
    “Game of Thrones,” “The Last of the Starks,” HBO (David Nutter)
    “Game of Thrones,” “The Long Night,” HBO (Miguel Sapochnik)
    “Killing Eve,” “Desperate Times,” BBC America (Lisa Bruhlmann)
    “Ozark,” “Reparations,” Netflix (Jason Bateman)

Writing for a Drama Series

“Better Call Saul,” “Winner,” AMC (Peter Gould, Thomas Schnauz)
    “Bodyguard,” “Episode 1,” Netflix (Jed Mercurio)
    “Game of Thrones,” “The Iron Throne,” HBO (David Benioff, D.B. Weiss) (Ok this one was a WTF?!?!?!?)
    “Killing Eve,” “Nice And Neat,” BBC America (Emerald Fennell)
    “Succession,” “Nobody Is Ever Missing,” HBO (Jesse Armstrong)
    “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Holly,” Hulu (Bruce Miller, Kira Snyder)

If Dumb & Dumber win an award for the last season i think internet is going to implose into a black hole in like 2 seconds lol.

Incredible Member

https://www.cbr.com/game-of-thrones-...anel-pull-out/

Now take a look at r/freefolk and tell me they were not justified in pulling out of this disaster waiting to happen! No TV series can justify this level of hate, in fact nothing can justify this!
    They think they're fans?
    They're just bullies and stalkers, the sum of the earth!
    I can't imagine what can be now on 4chan!
    Congratulations, guys, it's not D&D that destroyed Game of Thrones, it's you!

People not attenting this event haven't said it was because of hate or fear though.

You're kinda seeing what you want to see here.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    They're just bullies and stalkers, the sum of the earth!
    "Bullies and stalkers, the sum of the earth"... I know that's a typo, but seems to be correct nowadays anyway.

Social media is ruining fandom. D&D and the actors who pulled out of the panel have the right idea... there needs to be more distance between creators/actors and fans, like there was in the old days. They should go back to concentrating on being artists, not dancing monkeys.

Hopefully the companies have already learned to ignore the ranting of the incels and pitstains who are revelling in the fact that you don't need to be tough to be a bully anymore.

I'm looking forward to the prequel series. Since it's all original characters and story, hopefully people will feel less entitlement over it and just accept the story as it's told.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    "Bullies and stalkers, the sum of the earth"... I know that's a typo, but seems to be correct nowadays anyway.

Social media is ruining fandom. D&D and the actors who pulled out of the panel have the right idea... there needs to be more distance between creators/actors and fans, like there was in the old days. They should go back to concentrating on being artists, not dancing monkeys.

Hopefully the companies have already learned to ignore the ranting of the incels and pitstains who are revelling in the fact that you don't need to be tough to be a bully anymore.

I'm looking forward to the prequel series. Since it's all original characters and story, hopefully people will feel less entitlement over it and just accept the story as it's told.
    I have a disdain for Social Media but people were screaming George Lucas Raped their Childhoods and sending hate me to actors for decades fandom has always had this side to it it's just on display now.

While I don't condone the boorish fan behavior, I still think the GoT people would not enjoy this panel, even if it was civil.
    The ending of GoT was not received well, and with good cause. The panel would largely be one full of criticism.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You know, as much as I want to condemn such toxicity in fandom and social media in general, the people who loathe this final season of Game Of Thrones (and I am one of them) have a valid point at least as far as the writing is concerned. This show began as a brilliant adaptation of an epic fantasy series, struggled a bit when the writers/showrunners ran out of source material to adapt, and then just spiraled out of control when D&D decided to streamline the story for the sake of just getting it over with as quick as possible, despite HBO being ready and willing to throw more money and episodes and seasons at them.

D&D dropped the ball and I think they are cowards to have pulled out of their Comic-Con appearance. Yeah, they would have been in for a tsunami of criticism and I doubt most of it would've been civil. But they created and then ruined one of the most popular TV shows of all time, a truly global phenomenon, and when their product has that kind of profile, they should demonstrate some accountability for why the final season of the show was not well-received at all.

Though not comparable in genre or its fan following, David Simon, the creator/showrunner of The Wire has repeatedly been grilled--even by Harvard academics!--over his decision to kill off Stringer Bell at the end of season 3. And Simon at least has the balls to stare down the upset/disappointed/royally pissed-off fans and tell them: "Because his story was done. He played the game and he lost."
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    People not attenting this event haven't said it was because of hate or fear though.

You're kinda seeing what you want to see here.
    Though I don't blame them for pulling out, in the same breath I do think my experience at cons is that they are a lot nicer in person than they are on social media. Even people who I've seen roasted on a daily basis on boards like Bendis and Loeb were LARGELY well received in panels I attended. Yeah, there's an outspoken fan or two but I think fans tend to be a LOT nicer in person. If fandom were as bad in person as they were on social media almost no one would go to these things.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    D&D dropped the ball and I think they are cowards to have pulled out of their Comic-Con appearance. Yeah, they would have been in for a tsunami of criticism and I doubt most of it would've been civil. But they created and then ruined one of the most popular TV shows of all time, a truly global phenomenon, and when their product has that kind of profile, they should demonstrate some accountability for why the final season of the show was not well-received at all.
    I think it's self-respect rather than cowardice. They don't think they made a bad TV show, and they don't think they deserve to be punished for it. Comic-Con is (in theory) supposed to be a time of enjoyment, not a public stoning.

The fact that the GoT finale haters have been a lot more vocal than those who either liked it, though it was OK, or just shrugged and went about their lives is their business, not D&D's. The finale was in fact the most-watched episode in the history of premium cable. I don't blame the absent crew and cast members for deciding they don't feel like committing hara-kiri for a bunch of over-entitled fans.

People really need to get a grip on the difference between entertainment, and important stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

Yes, it's a typo, I meant scum! Too bad I always have to concentrate because english is not my first language (I'm french!)!
    The real problem is if we don't voice our disagreement with their actions, their threats, because there are threats (Kit Harrington received death threats!) how will it end?
    One day we will have an actor, a writer killed by some lunatic because he's been engrained by a bunch of trolls!
    What happens in politics (remember the Jo Cox murder in UK during Brexit for exemple) could happen in our entertainment! Failing to recognize that would be a mistake in my opinion.
    Last edited by mogwen; 07-18-2019 at 12:31 PM.

the critics hated season 8... what a joke if it wins as best drama honestly.

Just when you think D&D couldn't get GoT fans any more riled up. Since the final episode The Iron Throne was nominated for a best writing Emmy the script was released to fans on the Emmy site. One of the key takeaways was the reason for Drogon melting the Iron Throne. Contrary to speculation it was not because he blamed the Throne for his mother's demise or because it was a "pointy" thing, it was purely by accident. It just happened to be in the path of his rage.

“[Drogon] looks down at Jon. We see the fire build up in his throat. Jon sees it as well. He prepares to die. But the blast is not for him. Drogon wants to burn the world but he will not kill Jon. He breathes fire on the back wall, blasting down what remains of the great red blocks of stone. We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne — not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration.”
    I didn't post a link to the script because for some reason the page on the Emmys site no longer exists.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."