Page 553 of 555 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555 LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I have no issues with Jamie going back for Cersi. To me it made perfect sense. Not only is she his sister, but she's carrying his unborn child. I'd frankly think less of Jamie if he didn't at least TRY and protect them.

The Hound is a trickier issue. I think him moving past vengeance does a better job of conveying his growth as a character. But if we never got Cleganebowl, I think a good portion of the viewership would frankly feel ripped off for not getting it. It's sort of a damned if ya do and damned if ya don't sort of thing. Hound talking Aria out of her vengence while still getting his own is SORT OF a compromise. Sort of.
    I think it may have worked better of the confrontation was forced upon him - the audience gets the bowl, and Sandor is fighting for something larger.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I have no issues with Jamie going back for Cersi. To me it made perfect sense. Not only is she his sister, but she's carrying his unborn child. I'd frankly think less of Jamie if he didn't at least TRY and protect them.

The Hound is a trickier issue. I think him moving past vengeance does a better job of conveying his growth as a character. But if we never got Cleganebowl, I think a good portion of the viewership would frankly feel ripped off for not getting it. It's sort of a damned if ya do and damned if ya don't sort of thing. Hound talking Aria out of her vengence while still getting his own is SORT OF a compromise. Sort of.
    The CleganeBowl is where fans lose me. Because now you have a bunch of people online bitching "it was just a meme and you guys did it and made it a big deal". But if you didn't do it we would have heard "they subverted our expectations by not giving us the CleganeBowl lolz". They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't. You are right.

Also I think people have to realize with Jamie was that his redemption wasn't about whether he left Cersei or not. Jamie was a complicated character and before the show even started he had a claim to being the biggest and most selfless hero in the entire series. He sacraficed his reputation to save all of King's Landing. Nobody can claim they did more by the end of the series besides maybe Jon who can claim he sacraficed his freedom to stop Dany from rampaging across the world. Jamie's redemption was him realizing that his selfishness earlier on was wrong.

Ellis said it best. The problem wasn't him going back to Cersei. The problem was him claiming he was hateful and then claiming he never cared about the people in King's Landing. That's where the showrunners lost me.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 08-17-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Lyanna Mormont seems to be the most competent ruler on the show (even if her rule only extended to Bear Island). I believe that Sansa and Yara will do fine, as well.
    Not really hard to rule a tiny island with the population of a small village, that no one else wants because it is infested with bears. Really, the only problem with ruling bear island is that it is such a tiny fiefdom that you can't really say no to any of the big boys. You just need to pick a side and hope that it's the winning side, and that your entire army doesn't get annihilated in a minor battle.

It took me awhile but I finally managed to find an online script for The Iron Throne. Now I know what happened to the Dothraki;

Jon stops to look down on Blackwater Bay, far beneath him, and sees the remaining ships of Dany’s fleet. Most are anchored, a few are still sailing in. From this vantage point, we can see the remaining Unsullied waiting to board with characteristic orderliness. The remaining Dothraki do the same; they have dismounted their horses, and walk them up gangplanks.
    Apparently they all forgot they were Dany's bloodriders and decided to pack up and go home.

One other thing I noted;

Present are: The Lady of Winterfell and Wardenness of the North, SANSA STARK, who sits in the middle of the semicircle. Arya and BRAN STARK sit to her right. To her left: the Onion Knight, Davos. The Lord of the Vale and Warden of the East, ROBIN ARRYN, with LORD ROYCE beside him. The Lady of the Iron Islands, YARA GREYJOY. The Lord of the Stormlands and Warden of the South, GENDRY BARATHEON. The lord of the Riverlands, EDMURE TULLY. The new PRINCE OF DORNE. BRIENNE OF TARTH. SAMWELL TARLY. A smattering of ND lords.
    The writers didn't even bother to think up names for these guys
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Mighty Member

I think they killed off too many characters too quickly.
    Sandor should have survived to become Sansa's Hand in the North. Jaime should have survived, he could have joined Jon exploring beyond the Wall in order to make himself 'worthy' of Brienne....their chemistry was amazing and well adapted from the books. And I would rather have liked The on to have survived and become someone along the lines of Varys, who found a way of life after being emasculated.

As for Dany....her fate was foretold when she burned the Dothraki warlords , that little smile as she stood outside the burning building creeped me out.
    But it would have been more powerful I think, if it was Jorah rather than Jon who was forced to kill her. Or even better.....have her take the throne, and leave it open for a sequel.
    And finally....Cersei deserved a far more spectacular death. Lena Headey said so herself.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I think they killed off too many characters too quickly.
    Sandor should have survived to become Sansa's Hand in the North. Jaime should have survived, he could have joined Jon exploring beyond the Wall in order to make himself 'worthy' of Brienne....their chemistry was amazing and well adapted from the books. And I would rather have liked The on to have survived and become someone along the lines of Varys, who found a way of life after being emasculated.

As for Dany....her fate was foretold when she burned the Dothraki warlords , that little smile as she stood outside the burning building creeped me out.
    But it would have been more powerful I think, if it was Jorah rather than Jon who was forced to kill her. Or even better.....have her take the throne, and leave it open for a sequel.
    And finally....Cersei deserved a far more spectacular death. Lena Headey said so herself.
    Oh yea i woulda preferred Arya going Assasins creed on her ass over just some stupid rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oh yea i woulda preferred Arya going Assasins creed on her ass over just some stupid rocks.
    Its a similar issue with the Hound. Is it better to deliver something you were building towards, or better to show growth in a persons character arc. Show Arya and the Hound getting their vengeance, or show them moving beyond the need of it. They sort of split the difference.

Mighty Member

It was the 'damp squib' to end all damp squibs!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The pilot for the 1st Prequel has wrapped a month ago
    http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

I think Arya got to end enough plot lines. I'll take the rocks.

HBO cancels GoT prequel with Naomi Watts. Hope we'll see the finished pilot at some point.
    HBO moves forward with House of the Dragon based on GRRM's Fire & Blood exploring the Targaryens and leading up to their civil war called Dance of Dragons.
    Beniof & Weiss off Star Wars

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    HBO cancels GoT prequel with Naomi Watts. Hope we'll see the finished pilot at some point.
    HBO moves forward with House of the Dragon based on GRRM's Fire & Blood exploring the Targaryens and leading up to their civil war called Dance of Dragons.
    Beniof & Weiss off Star Wars
    The cancelling of the Blood Moon was a logical move, because not only we don't have materials about the Others origin(outside of some glimpses in sixth season), the "Long Night" episode pretty much killed the mystic and the interest about the Others as a threat and main focus.

House of Dragon is much better idea to attract people, plus they have book materials to adapt, which always is much easier than making new content.

D&D exit from Star Wars is such a funny irony,considering they botched GoT in order to move forward into Star Wars. Although, i feel their departure is a result of them having a contract with Netflix(a rival of Disney+) and the general discomfort about the future of Lucasart and Star Wars franchise and less about their incompetence.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    The cancelling of the Blood Moon was a logical move, because not only we don't have materials about the Others origin(outside of some glimpses in sixth season), the "Long Night" episode pretty much killed the mystic and the interest about the Others as a threat and main focus.

House of Dragon is much better idea to attract people, plus they have book materials to adapt, which always is much easier than making new content.

D&D exit from Star Wars is such a funny irony,considering they botched GoT in order to move forward into Star Wars. Although, i feel their departure is a result of them having a contract with Netflix(a rival of Disney+) and the general discomfort about the future of Lucasart and Star Wars franchise and less about their incompetence.
    My hopes were on Blood Moon, still refusing to watch season 8, which would have me interested more than a show about Targaryens but my hope for the next show is it will have its Onion Knights, Littlefingers, Imps and Hounds, meaning interesting non-Targs and non-Starks.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Pretty much. The Night King and the White Walkers went out with all the sound and fury of a wet fart.

Who gives a damn about their origins at this point?

Too bad for Naomi Watts. She's a class act. She'll find something soon, just wish it was a GOT show
    Original join date: sometime in 2002