Page 58 of 555 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He turned her away because he is just a man or something. Thus the name of a man she sought doesn't reside there, only a man.
    I see.

How annoying.

BANNED

She's only going to get more annoyed, but annoyance builds character.

Huge departure for Sansa's arc here...

spoilers:
    Instead of a fake Arya, Ramsay is being married off to a real Stark. It'll be interesting to see if Sansa is treated as Jeyne Poole was, which would be controversial. Sansa's been abused pretty regularly up to this point, and the sexual abuse dispensed by Ramsay would just be overkill. In the books, Sansa is being led on a path where she's becoming more savvy and capable. It'll be interesting to see if, considering that, Sansa will be able to manipulate Ramsay. I'm thinking it'll be cat and mouse on both ends -- you can't not have Ramsay be a sadistic psycho, but Sansa can't end up making all the same choices she did with Joffrey...we've seen that before.
    end of spoilers

Even though Marge does marry Tommen in the books, I was not expecting to see them go full-on Mary Kay Letourneau...whoa.

How old is Tommen supposed to be at this point?

It's fascinating to see where the Sansa/Bolton storyline is going. Roose doesn't know how Littlefinger felt about Catelyn Stark, so he doesn't know he's facing his worst enemy here. Brienne is prowling around on the edges. Sansa and Theon are candidates to snap at any point. Somebody is going to die here. But, this being Game of Thrones, it could as easily be Sansa.

I assume by "I'm taking you to the queen," Jorah means Daenerys. Not sure why he thinks she'd want Tyrion, except to shake his hand for killing the man who would have been the biggest impediment to her conquest of Westeros. Unless the "queen" he's talking about is Cersei, and he wants to get back in good graces in King's Landing. But if that was his game, it would have made more sense to just kill Tyrion while he was taking a leak and take his head back. I guess he's talking about Dany.

Good to see Jon Snow can be as hardcore as his father. Stannis looked impressed.

So they took away Charles Dance, but now they're giving us Jonathan Pryce. I love this show.

BANNED

What episode are we on....I am a bad boy who watched the Leak First 4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I assume by "I'm taking you to the queen," Jorah means Daenerys. Not sure why he thinks she'd want Tyrion, except to shake his hand for killing the man who would have been the biggest impediment to her conquest of Westeros.
    because at the end of the day, he is still a lannister, and the lannisters are still on the throne. plus there's no guarantee that they know or care who killed tywin or joffrey. his actions don't automatically make him an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    it should be ep. 3

BANNED

How old is Tommen supposed to be at this point?

It's fascinating to see where the Sansa/Bolton storyline is going. Roose doesn't know how Littlefinger felt about Catelyn Stark, so he doesn't know he's facing his worst enemy here. Brienne is prowling around on the edges. Sansa and Theon are candidates to snap at any point. Somebody is going to die here. But, this being Game of Thrones, it could as easily be Sansa.

I assume by "I'm taking you to the queen," Jorah means Daenerys. Not sure why he thinks she'd want Tyrion, except to shake his hand for killing the man who would have been the biggest impediment to her conquest of Westeros. Unless the "queen" he's talking about is Cersei, and he wants to get back in good graces in King's Landing. But if that was his game, it would have made more sense to just kill Tyrion while he was taking a leak and take his head back. I guess he's talking about Dany.

Good to see Jon Snow can be as hardcore as his father. Stannis looked impressed.

So they took away Charles Dance, but now they're giving us Jonathan Pryce. I love this show.
    Jorah definitely meant Cersei. Dany banished Jorah. Jorah got a pardon in Westeros. Dany and Jorah have no reason to think Tyrion is of any use to her. Cersei has an award on Tyrion's head. Jorah wouldn't dare risk irking Dany again when the cost could very well be his wife.

It makes literally no sense for Jorah to mean Dany. Meanwhile he got a pardon in Westeros, he would be The Lord of House Mormont , which we learned is still intact. So his incentive is go back to his home, become a lord, get a huge reward and have a wealthy house, earn favor with the Iron Throne and richest family in the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Episode 3. Only one week to go before I don't have to threaten the life of anyone who spoils me.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    because at the end of the day, he is still a lannister, and the lannisters are still on the throne. plus there's no guarantee that they know or care who killed tywin or joffrey. his actions don't automatically make him an ally.
    But he was on his way to go present himself at Dany's court anyway... Lannister and all. But he would have had Varys with him... Varys, who as far as Dany knows sent an assassin to kill her, and who was on the Small Council of the king who took the throne over her family's dead bodies. Hmmm... what was the game plan again?

BANNED

But he was on his way to go present himself at Dany's court anyway... Lannister and all. But he would have had Varys with him... Varys, who as far as Dany knows sent an assassin to kill her, and who was on the Small Council of the king who took the throne over her family's dead bodies. Hmmm... what was the game plan again?
    exactly, it was always going to be a very dangerous venture. even if jorah is on the outs, this is probably the best way for tyrion to keep his head in order to plead his case. or at least speak a few words before they lop it off.

i didn't pay too much attention to casting, but i'm assuming we won't see

spoilers:
    brown ben
    end of spoilers

Poor Sansa. Which is worse: getting engaged to a psychopath like Joffrey or getting engaged to a psychopath like Ramsey?

I think they aged Tommen up to not squick out the audience or get into trouble re movies about minors. Although in all fairness a 13 year old in Westeros is their equivalent of middle-aged

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Poor Sansa. Which is worse: getting engaged to a psychopath like Joffrey or getting engaged to a psychopath like Ramsey?
    Not sure what to make of Littlefinger telling her to get revenge for her family. Is he expecting her to kill Ramsey or Roose? Does he really think even the new Bitter Sansa is up to that?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Not sure what to make of Littlefinger telling her to get revenge for her family. Is he expecting her to kill Ramsey or Roose? Does he really think even the new Bitter Sansa is up to that?
    Well, as we saw, Sansa has the loyalty of the people of the North. That old maid telling Sansa "The North remembers," was supposed to remind us that the Northerners are still loyal to the Stark name.

If she wants revenge against the Boltons, then she can turn the entire North against them in order to do it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    If she wants revenge against the Boltons, then she can turn the entire North against them in order to do it.
    I think the North is already against them... but there's no viable alternative, no Stark to get behind. Sansa could provide that. But staying alive long enough is the challenge. Why do I get the feeling the sight of her flayed body is what's going to inspire the revolution Littlefinger is hoping for?

But what an opening for Stannis, if he can convince Jon Snow/Stark to change his mind. I can envision Stannis and Jon sweeping down out of the North at the head of an army consisting of Stannis's troops, the massed forces of the North and the Vale, and the wildlings (following Jon). While the fleet of the Iron Islands, led by a vengeance-minded Yara, descends on Lannisport.

Everybody except Jon is clearly forgetting about (or dismissing) the threat from beyond the Wall, though. Stannis probably thinks it's all over now that he's pacified by Wildlings. Still, even with Jon's leadership, the Night's Watch won't be able to hold off the White Walkers for long.

In addition to Bran, I suspect Maester Aemon has some part to play in this. He's a Targaryen, and the Targaryens were dragon-riders. Dragonglass (obsidian) kills White Walkers, and I'm thinking dragon fire probably does as well. (In fact, I suspect dragons were bred millennia ago specifically as weapons against the Walkers). I can't shake the feeling that mild-mannered old man has some family secrets up his sleeve.

Hah, that's great! Jorah kidnaps Tyrion as a bargaining chip to return to Dany's good graces. And he's kidnapping him from Varys whose intent is to deliver Tyrion to Dany to help conquer Westeros.

Varys would likely be unwelcome to Jorah because the idea that Tyrion was headed in that direction anyway supercedes his "gift."

And Jorah would be unwelcome to Varys because you don't want a recently disgraced member of the Royal Court present while you're trying to curry favor from that Court.

We all know Varys isn't done yet, right? Therefore it will be interesting as to how he reinserts himself back into the situation. Does he confront Mormont on the road? Does he continue toward Danarys hoping to get there ahead of time, and *also* hoping he doesn't lose his head for lack of a bargaining chip? Tyrion is worth his weight in gold for EITHER of those two storylines, eh?

As for Jon, I prefer him to stay at the wall.

The good versus bad differences from the book are about even in my mind. One in particular is VERY jarring. We'll see.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

That Red Priestess in Volantis is also a wild card. She gave Tyrion way too keen a look to think she won't be jumping in to this situation somehow.