Page 63 of 555 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Aren't The Unsullied supposed to be, like, the ultimate badasses? Why did some random dudes in robes and masks take them out? They should, for all we've been told in story, been able to handle that.

Maybe getting ahead of the books was a bad thing.
    Indeed, this is what I was thinking.

These guys are supposed to be like the frikkin' Fremen or Sarduakar, the equal of ten regular trained soldiers. And these nutballs Sons of the Harpy are just slavers with knives. Where are the warriors who once turned back a horde of mounted Dothraki screamers? It's a lucky thing Daenerys didnt actually pay for these Unsullied, because otherwise I'd say she'd been ripped off.

And Barristan is supposed to be a match for 6 of the KingsGaurd and he gets taken down by these losers as well? Get out of here!

If Barristan is revealed to be dead [his throat was not cut] then I will me majorly annoyed. What do they even need to kill him for? Too many characters? That's rubbish - they haven't even cast most of the new characters from Dance with Dragons! It's like the character list is imploding!
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-06-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Giving religious fanatics unchecked power. What could possibly go wrong?
    Yeah, The Poor Fellows and the Sword and Stars are like the Knights Templar on crack.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Cersei proves she's pretty much the worst possible leader by unleashing some especially vicious combination of sharia law nutballs and dirty scumbag Occupy Westeros idiots.

This show demonstrates exactly how much religion should be thoroughly outlawed.

Is there anyone in Westeros that isn't a total lameass?
    Stannis Goddamn Baratheon!

Just when you think this guy can't get any more awesome, this weeks scene with his daughter elevates him to a whole new level

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would also say that Bronn is not a total lameass.

BANNED

Every Greyjoy but Theon is a badass. From the Damphair to Euron Crow's Eye to Victarion to Asha. Shame they're being ignored/cut out of the show.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Balon Greyjoy is not a badass.

He may once have been worse-ass than he is now, but now he's a lamer.

BANNED

I forgot about him because spoilers:
    his ass got knocked into the see by a wave. Maybe. Or maybe the Crow's Eye had him pushed. Either way, shameful to be cast down by the Drowned God like that. They probably won't even mention him again though, considering everything else they've cut out.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-06-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: [spoil][/spoil] tags

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I forgot about him because spoilers:
    his ass got knocked into the see by a wave. Maybe. Or maybe the Crow's Eye had him pushed. Either way, shameful to be cast down by the Drowned God like that. They probably won't even mention him again though, considering everything else they've cut out.
    end of spoilers
    That annoys me because the show has shown Melisandre throwing those leeches into the fire. Robb Stark died. Then Joffery Baratheon died...so what about Balon?

Why not Balon for king? Why not Balon?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    By the way, there's still one person in Westeros who is alive and knows the truth. So maybe Martin will grace us with the full explanation by the end of the TV series. Which, by my count will finish a good 6 - 8 years ahead of the books.
    That's generous. At this rate, the books will be done at 2030.

Jon's parentage could still be something else. It's not like Martin wouldn't be above trolling his audience.

All of this setup is either true, or just to throw Jon's parentage further off the scent. For all we know, Melisandre seduces all the bastards of noble blood JUST in case they had some royal in them.

And maybe she likes snow cones.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Every Greyjoy but Theon is a badass. From the Damphair to Euron Crow's Eye to Victarion to Asha. Shame they're being ignored/cut out of the show.
    For real. I definitely raised my eyebrow at the fact that Euron is going to be avoided.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Stannis Goddamn Baratheon!

Just when you think this guy can't get any more awesome, this weeks scene with his daughter elevates him to a whole new level
    I like Stannis too. But dude did murder his brother and burned people alive. I mean, that is kind of douchebaggery in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    For real. I definitely raised my eyebrow at the fact that Euron is going to be avoided.
    Whereas I breathed a sigh of relief. That was some tedious business.

I like Stannis too. But dude did murder his brother and burned people alive. I mean, that is kind of douchebaggery in a way.
    If these books/this show have taught us anything, it's that there's good and bad in everyone.

Except Joffrey. He was just a c***.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Renly was an usurper who thought that his control of Stormlands and the backing of Reach would make him a king,giving the middle finger to Stannis.I don't remember in the series,but in the books,Renly is worse,because he doesn't know the truth about Cercei's children.Which makes him an usurper for both Joffrey and Stannis.Good riddens Renly!

The burning in the books is more complicated.Many people that Stannis burned where traitors who wanted to have an agreement with Lannisters.In the series it's more "infidels,BURN!",which is sad really.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius