Page 8 of 555 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

BANNED

Also...Shae's back!!! To throw Tyrion under a bus and let it run over him repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    And the tragic thing about all this is Jamie's the only one in that trial with any sympathy towards Tyrion
    It's awesome how all the different personalities and agendas of the trial.

Cersei - wants Tyrion dead
    Tywin - wants a good show so he can get pass this. Taking an opportunity to get Jaime back into the fold (I think Tywin hoped Jaime would reach out, but didn't plan on it).
    Jaime - wants a fair trial, hopes Tyrion didn't actually do it
    Oberyn - probably doesn't really care one way or another, but now an opportunity presents itself
    Varys - "I keep paddling"
    Pycell - Lannister lacky, though interesting how he got the necklace. A copy? Or they found Danto's body and retrieved it?
    Tyrion - looking for a way out, and he might have just found it.
    Shae - the most interesting one...is she doing it purely for revenge? Or is she working for the Lannisters? Or coerced into it? Does that also mean Bron has been bought? Remember he said Shae got onto the ship. Or either he lied, was mistaken, or perhaps Shae's ship got intercepted? Many questions.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    Pycell - Lannister lacky, though interesting how he got the necklace. A copy? Or they found Danto's body and retrieved it?
    Wasn't the necklace just thrown in the same boat with Danto's corpse? I don't remember it sinking. The boat either floated to shore or another ship found it.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spoilers for the end of the book

spoilers:
    So we still have the trial by combat, the battle at the wall, the death of the hound and arya leaving for bravos, jamie helping tyrion escape, tyrion killing tywin, and shae, varys helping tyrion escape, petyr murdering lysa, something with dani, something with bran, something with brienne, lady stone heart

Episode seven
    episode eight
    Episode nine
    episode ten

end of spoilers

I know they can fit it all in, the only question is what goes where.

For an episode that started out fast with Yara trying to rescue what was left of Theon, you might have found yourself disappointed when the rest of the episode was richly dialogue heavy, but you'd be in the wrong.

While the Mereen scene was kind of boring, everything was made WATCH IT NOW HIGH with the entirety of the trial of Tyrion Lannister.

Davos and his impassioned speech before the Iron Bank was excellent as well.

The first half of the trial was done well, but after Shae gave her false testimony, Peter Dinklage earned another Emmy in my opinion with his work as he lambasted the trial spectators, Cersei, Shae (and the figurative other 1,000 lying whores), and then combined with Charles Dance in concert, blasted Tywin and the demand of trial by combat.

It was purely magnificent acting at its best.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Trial by combat! Trial by combat! Such a good episode. Can't wait until next week.

Tywin's debts must be worrying him b/c they are definitely gonna need a bigger bounty than that to tempt someone to take on The Hound.

Edit: wrong Lannister originally named, now corrected. Obviously Tyrion has his own debts to account for...not so much with the Iron Bank though.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Trial by combat! Trial by combat! Such a good episode. Can't wait until next week.

Tyrion's debts must be worrying him b/c they are definitely gonna need a bigger bounty than that to tempt someone to take on The Hound.
    At first i thought you were confusion the hound with the mountain but you replaced tywin with tyrion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    For an episode that started out fast with Yara trying to rescue what was left of Theon, you might have found yourself disappointed when the rest of the episode was richly dialogue heavy, but you'd be in the wrong.

While the Mereen scene was kind of boring, everything was made WATCH IT NOW HIGH with the entirety of the trial of Tyrion Lannister.

Davos and his impassioned speech before the Iron Bank was excellent as well.

The first half of the trial was done well, but after Shae gave her false testimony, Peter Dinklage earned another Emmy in my opinion with his work as he lambasted the trial spectators, Cersei, Shae (and the figurative other 1,000 lying whores), and then combined with Charles Dance in concert, blasted Tywin and the demand of trial by combat.

It was purely magnificent acting at its best.
    To those who wondered if he deserved that emmy then that alone should prove the doubters wrong.

BANNED

Dany is still boring but I'm starting to like the Dragons and others who serve Dany.

To those who hated Shae for betraying Tyrion

spoilers:
    If her fate matches to that of the books then lets say she's going to get what she deserves
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    And the tragic thing about all this is Jamie's the only one in that trial with any sympathy towards Tyrion
    I think the close-ups of Margaery and possibly Loras indicate they do feel at least something for Tyrion. But obviously they are in no position to defend him, nor would it benefit their family the least bit.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Although i didn't like the change that they made(Stannis going to Iron Bank like beggar while in the books,it was the Bank that first approach Stannis),i loved Davos speech.Too bad Weiss and Bienoff didn't manage to flesh Stannis' character better in this show.

The trial sceene was great.I got goosebumps seeing Tywin to the Throne.The image was fitting.After all,he is the true power of the realm now.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

The part where Tyrion demands trial by combat was interesting.

Shae looks upset, as if that wasn't part of the script. Jaime is the same, knowing Tyrion probably just got himself killed.

Cersei looked bothered, maybe thinking Tyrion might get out of this altogether.

Tywin looks furious. I guess his grand plans are falling apart. Sansa is nowhere to be found, so the North is still free. Jaime might not return to Casterly Rock if things go badly. He just can't believe his family. HIS family is falling apart. The patriarch of the entire family, his immediately family is falling apart. That's a failure on him.

Extraordinary Member

Dear god, Dinklage is an amazing actor. That is one of the best 'character finally breaks' moments ever put to screen.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    The part where Tyrion demands trial by combat was interesting.

Shae looks upset, as if that wasn't part of the script. Jaime is the same, knowing Tyrion probably just got himself killed.

Cersei looked bothered, maybe thinking Tyrion might get out of this altogether.

Tywin looks furious. I guess his grand plans are falling apart. Sansa is nowhere to be found, so the North is still free. Jaime might not return to Casterly Rock if things go badly. He just can't believe his family. HIS family is falling apart. The patriarch of the entire family, his immediately family is falling apart. That's a failure on him.
    For people crying in agony for the fall of House Stark and the ending of the Kingdom of the North,they haven't seen what fall is.Lannisters goes down...hard.At least,Stark children are ok and ready to turn the table.Tywin's grand plans are started to fall apart.And things will get worse.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Oh,Tyrion. When Jamie told you to keep your mouth shut, you really should have listened.