Page 9 of 555 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    I think the close-ups of Margaery and possibly Loras indicate they do feel at least something for Tyrion. But obviously they are in no position to defend him, nor would it benefit their family the least bit.
    Margaery maybe since she knows he's not guilty.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

This:

"I saved you. I saved this city and all of your worthless lives. I should've let Stannis kill you all... I'm guilty of being a dwarf. I've been on trial for that my entire life. I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish that I had... There is no justice here. Let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat."

Should easily earn this: (stolen from a poster on the Bendis board)

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    This:

"I saved you. I saved this city and all of your worthless lives. I should've let Stannis kill you all..."
    You should,but you denied your rightful king for promises of acceptance and power.One good act cannot wash away all the bad you did against the Rightful King of Westeros!!!
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Interesting developments. theon/reek's Stockholm Syndrome was sad. Oberyn martell is one of my new favorites. even kings have to answer to the banks. if I was Tyrion I also would be wary of taking the same offer made to Ned stark

BANNED

Quick question: Just to be sure, I'd assume spoilers from the books (assuming they're still going by the books for the most part) are frowned upon in this thread? I was a bit disappointed the "lion of Lannister" line wasn't played for laughs instead of "f##king him like it was his last night". Seemed a bit more embarrassing in the book. Also, didn't remember Theon's sister trying to rescue him (though it has been a while since I've read the books, should go back and reread). Agree Mr. Dinklage should at least be nominated. He and Arya were my favorites in the books, and they've been just as good on television.

Also didn't realize Ramsay Snow was the shy kid from "Misfits". If you're a superhero fan (and if you're on these boards, there's a good chance you are) check it out. He's great in that too, British show about juvenile delinquents gaining superpowers during their community service and how they deal with it. You can get it for free streaming on Hulu. Highly recommend (for what that's worth).

The Greyjoys scene didn't really do much, other than to establish that Theon is really really broken. Obviously, Ramsey wants to use Theon to try and recapture Moat Cailin.

Also, where do we think Ramsey and Theon were at? The Ironborn sailed right into the keep and attacked it. I'm looking at a map, and Dreadfort is accessible from the river and seas, but it's on the wrong side of the continent. Dreadfort's river flows into the Narrow Sea, the opposite side of Pyke. Maybe that's why it took the Ironborn forever to get there, because they had to sail south around the entire continent, pass the Reach and Dorne, pass Dragonston and the Stormlands, and back up to the North?

BANNED

i enjoyed most of this ep.

although i'm not really feeling the the theon torture/ramsey/ironborn scenes (thanks to the books, i'm wondering where they are, how they got there so quick and undetected, from where, and their escape. something i probably wouldn't wonder too much about if i only watched the show), i'm left wondering what type of castration theon, varys, and the unsullied are victims of. i can imagine theon and varys suffering from the worst kind
    Last edited by 7thangel; 05-12-2014 at 10:17 AM.

BANNED

just give Dinklage his Emmy now...thanks

that sound you heard was Tyrion being railroaded

Fantastic Member

I don't think there is any way that Shay was an undercover Whore Spy for Senior Lanister. It wouldn't make any sense to me. Her and Tyrion were happy together for a long time, and he never actually told her about his plans for certain things. If she'd been more inquisitive I could believe it. But as things stand right now I am convinced she is just another victim of Tyrion's father's strong arming. Shay is also scorned, no doubt, but just like the Squire guy I am sure a threat to her life was made or something. And ever since that dude who I had forgotten about was responsible for jeffrey death, I am convinced he somehow had a hand he Shay being caught.

Also, Jaime steps up for Tyrion. Awesome!

The stannis story line was kind of interesting this time because we got to see the Iron bank, but I don't care about the pirates. Finally, Daenerys Stormborn was actually kind of disappointing this episode. The actress didn't do a good job, and I want just a little insight into how the Mother of Dragons plans on salvaging the **** storm she'd kicked up in her part of the world. Also, they kind of dissed her saying she has 2 "great advisors" as though she isn't an unstoppable force of nature in her own right.

BANNED

I don't think there is any way that Shay was an undercover Whore Spy for Senior Lanister.
    Shae was warned already that if Tywin found out about her she'd be put to death. On top of that Tyrion dumped her hard. She's just looking out for number one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    I don't think there is any way that Shay was an undercover Whore Spy for Senior Lanister. It wouldn't make any sense to me. Her and Tyrion were happy together for a long time, and he never actually told her about his plans for certain things. If she'd been more inquisitive I could believe it. But as things stand right now I am convinced she is just another victim of Tyrion's father's strong arming. Shay is also scorned, no doubt, but just like the Squire guy I am sure a threat to her life was made or something. And ever since that dude who I had forgotten about was responsible for jeffrey death, I am convinced he somehow had a hand he Shay being caught.

Also, Jaime steps up for Tyrion. Awesome!

The stannis story line was kind of interesting this time because we got to see the Iron bank, but I don't care about the pirates. Finally, Daenerys Stormborn was actually kind of disappointing this episode. The actress didn't do a good job, and I want just a little insight into how the Mother of Dragons plans on salvaging the **** storm she'd kicked up in her part of the world. Also, they kind of dissed her saying she has 2 "great advisors" as though she isn't an unstoppable force of nature in her own right.
    I would have bought Dany's storyline if everything wasn't easily given to her

BANNED

Tywin would be king, but then he'd lose some of his stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Tywin would be king, but then he'd lose some of his stroke
    It's true. Being King would be a demotion for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    It's true. Being King would be a demotion for him.
    That was Lex Luthors view in JLU when every one thought he was trying to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Quick question: Just to be sure, I'd assume spoilers from the books (assuming they're still going by the books for the most part) are frowned upon in this thread? I was a bit disappointed the "lion of Lannister" line wasn't played for laughs instead of "f##king him like it was his last night". Seemed a bit more embarrassing in the book.
    That's because in the books she called him 'Giant of Lannister' not 'Lion of Lannister'. I am not sure why they changed that in the show, but it certainly would have been more embarrassing for Tyrion at the trial, as it was in the books.