Page 91 of 555 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    They haven't got to it yet, Dance of Dragons ended right as they set it up
    So, they're going to spoilers:
    publicly humiliate her first and *then* set up a trial to determine her fate? I don't remember that last bit at all.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Book spoilers
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    You mean people say, "how dare they show Sansa being raped" (though in a non gratuitous way) and then say "Dead Zombie children eating that woman was so cool."?
    I have literally seen this on Facebook and tumblr

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    So, they're going to publicly humiliate her first and *then* set up a trial to determine her fate? I don't remember that last bit at all.
    spoilers:
    If I recall correctly, it's because she confesses to some of the charges and therefore undergoes her "penance" for those, but the ones she doesn't confess to she still has to be "tried" for.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon6 View Post
    I have literally seen this on Facebook and tumblr
    As if the double-standard of violence v. sexuality is any surprise at all. But beyond that, sexual violence is a thing that happens in the real world (and thus people are more inclined to react strongly to it), getting chewed on by zombie-children isn't.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-02-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Book spoilers

And it's time once again for the spoiler warning. Put your book spoilers in spoil tags, this is a TV SHOW thread, not a book thread. There are people who just watch the show and don't want to know book details of stuff that will or may happen, show them some respect and try not to ruin their enjoyment of the show.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

M
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post

As if the double-standard of violence v. sexuality is any surprise at all. But beyond that, sexual violence is a thing that happens in the real world (and thus people are more inclined to react strongly to it), getting chewed on by zombie-children isn't.
    I get that but violence isn't uncommon in the real world either. And GoT has plenty of ordinary violence.

My favorite thing to speculate about Cersei's general stupidity is: What is Cersei's endgame? Does she even have one?

Sure, she could lock up her children in a vault and feed and water them so nothing could ever hurt them...and then what? She gets old and dies and the Lannisters effectively die with her.

Is Cersei warped enough to think that she can marry her own son and rule as Queen for the rest of her life? She seems to not want her children marrying ANYONE.

Or is she just basically a short-sighted, paranoid idiot that hasn't thought of any of the repercussions of her actions? I'm thinking this.
    Yeah, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I don't know, Holland Reed is kind of a big name
    Then you should get it right; it's Howland.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    *DID* Cersei have trial by combat in the books? i seem to remember a *different* method of "atonement." Which I'm certain we'll get.
    Qyburn's parting words were, "The work continues." It was an obvious reference towards Gregor Clegane. The different method of "atonement" you're referring to has nothing to do with the trial.

spoilers:
    She's forced to submit to that beforehand. At the end of her atonement, her "champion" appears.
    end of spoilers
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

In regards to the whole complaining about rape vs being okay with violence, I have a feeling that if murder victims could voice their opinion on the internet, we'd see a lot more about that.

BANNED

everybody has a limit, a limit to where their enjoyment is diminished. just because you can watch something, say violent or of a sexual nature, doesn't mean you have to continue to watch it as it escalates. and nothing should stop you from saying how you feel about. i know some folks who go on about not having an issue and calling out others that do, would pitch a fit if next week the show had the crows gang rape jon snow, with the graphic screams and slapping of flesh.

BANNED

Well, I think she knows Westeros' patriarchal society simply won't let her take power, though yes, she'd be a horrible ruler (as we've already seen). As they say in the book: Cersei thinks that she's "Tywin with tits" when in reality she isn't remotely that smart or competent.
    I agree. She has proven that numerous times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    He has very little allies. Most of Westeros is more loyal to the Faith than him. Cersei legitimized them. He's isn't strong enough to make an unpopular decision like that and withstand the consequences.
    It is much worse than that. Tommin lacks any of his parents' cunning. He is too soft, too easily manipulated, and sheltered to know how to manage the world around him. Joffrey would have slaughtered the Sparrows without a second thought. Tywin would have found a way around them. Tyrion would have done the same. Jamie would not have cared. Tommin only knew that he had power. He had no idea how to use it.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    In regards to the whole complaining about rape vs being okay with violence, I have a feeling that if murder victims could voice their opinion on the internet, we'd see a lot more about that.
    That's very flimsy at best, since victims of violence have family and friends

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    everybody has a limit, a limit to where their enjoyment is diminished.
    I don't disagree with that. I'm just weary of people trying to get something changed cause they didn't like it. Like I said I get it, I'm just on the fence regarding people trying to police something so subjective

Quote Originally Posted by toysoldier View Post
    I agree. She has proven that numerous times.
    Everyone seems to be real good at painting themselves in to a corner on this show.