Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wonder Woman animated series?

Wonder Woman is one character that never had an animated series?, Even though there was that 2009 animated movie and that future movie for 2017, She has a better chance of getting a movie then a cartoon.

She really needs better respect because Warner Bros & DC comics never gave her a chance to have a "Wonder Woman: The Animated Series"?.

From what I gather, Cartoon Network is the de facto destination for DC cartoons, and so far there's a streak of action cartoons that have busted after a season or two, regardless of high ratings. There was a push to get programming for shows with "boy humor" (not my words). If true, that would describe why a show such as Beware the Batman got canned prematurely, and barely got its final episodes aired on a marathon run on Toonami, whereas a show such as Teen Titans Go seems safe. Now to be fair, I think the CN exec who mentioned "Boy humor" might've been replaced, but there was some buzz on animation sites about this kind of discussion.

It seems like the only way an action show will survive on CN is if its toy line sells prodigiously, like Justice League Unlimited toys did. Otherwise, if it goes to CN, it goes to die quickly. In short, I'm not betting on any WW animated series unless it comes cheaply made and has quirky humor like My Little Pony.

Actually after the last big fizz of the DCAU, I'm not sure I would want another DC Animated series. The last good run they had with Batman:Brave and the Bold, and Young Justice are a thing of the past. I have no faith in DC nor WB to catch lightning in the Bottle until some top heads roll.

Spectacular Member

They might consider it after her solo movie comes out.

Ultimate Member

Flash never got one either, or at least not in the last few decades. I'd like to see it, but CN's handling of recent DC animated shows doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I would absolutely love a Wonder Woman animated series. That being said... I highly doubt it'll be made for a long time or until the 2017 movie, as stated above. They've been so stubborn about releasing anything WW-related except comics and other merchandise and it's a real shame. The 2009 movie was really amazing and I think it's one of the best DC animated flicks I've seen, plus she obviously has the fan-base to support a cartoon but she also had this huge fan-base to support her own solo movie too, and that took forever for them to finally announce... and even then it's not happening until 2017 :\
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Flash never got one either, or at least not in the last few decades. I'd like to see it, but CN's handling of recent DC animated shows doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
    Excuse me but you forget CN is also listening to what WB. WB was looking more the profit before the show even started and saw no point they wanted the show to sell comics. CN had to cancel it do to WB not likening the sells. That's half the reason why they cancel it. WB has always looked at how the toys and comic was selling . YJ suffered from that . So don't blame CN for canceling . WB also was the problem. A few lied about how well 2009 film was so what's not to say they lied about CN role in YJ . WB owns CN and WB normally promotes shoes by selling and they had a number to reach and didn't reach that number and cancel the show
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-20-2014 at 11:48 PM.

CN did have fault in it but also WB has a bigger role in that show's cancel that they were focusing on profits on the toys and comics but not the shows rating. If we ever do maybe a online show only many animation studios are doing that now.

If we ever do get one hire back Gail and Michael Jelenic to do one based on the film
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

For it to work, IMO, it would have to be similar to Kim Possible and Totally Spies. A girls' action show.

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    For it to work, IMO, it would have to be similar to Kim Possible and Totally Spies. A girls' action show.
    Why does it have to work as a girl action show. It should be based on Korra. I don't the idea . Maybe even Batman the animated series or Superman. 2009 movie showed her animated film in terms of sale could wind up being based on a Tv show. I don't see why we should change the format

BANNED

I thought DC was supposed to be the BIG 4 or BIG 5 (Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, GL/Aquaman)

Apparently it's only the big 1.5 (all Bats all the time, sometimes Supes). It's a shame WW doesn't have anything, why is she even part of the Trinity anyways, doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Its an honorary title for all three, it just signifies their longevity. It only means something more when DC wants it to mean something more.

Spectacular Member teardropmina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its an honorary title for all three, it just signifies their longevity. It only means something more when DC wants it to mean something more.
    so true,

DC missed the best timing to do a Wonder Woman series, after Batman TAS, Superman TAS, they should've done a Wonder Women TAS, then get to Justice League. I vaguely remember reading about Bruce Timm or someone said that they regretted not doing a WW TAS.

still, now is also a good time, Wonder Woman movie is slated to come out in 2017, a two season TAS can build up the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by teardropmina View Post
    so true,

DC missed the best timing to do a Wonder Woman series, after Batman TAS, Superman TAS, they should've done a Wonder Women TAS, then get to Justice League. I vaguely remember reading about Bruce Timm or someone said that they regretted not doing a WW TAS.

still, now is also a good time, Wonder Woman movie is slated to come out in 2017, a two season TAS can build up the hype.
    I would agree, there is still time to do a Wonder woman cartoon. In fact before the message forum was restarted , there was a character sheet that was posted by James Tucker this.

While it is retro , I do think it could be done in a sort of timeless feel if done right.