Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Man i'm glad Molina is doing the second half of this arc. His art so far really nails emotions and scenes far better than Kim.

Interesting bits about Marrow's state of mind. I wonder why Hemingway is shown 3 times? Funny to remember she is one of the few outsiders who knows that Scarlet Witch caused M-day (thanks PAD). Also looks like her headband is actualy just a Placebo since her powers activated despite her wearing it. I guess the inhibitor only works on mutants and not on people who got the process Volga aquired (which i think is going to be the Morituri process).

Too bad Psylockes rewiring has worn off, it was fun while it lasted. Though might be another indicator that Marrow's brain recovery extremely fast from manipulation, which also fits into her forcefully supressing memories.

All in all nice setup towards who might be the one Volga has under controll.

I still think Marrow and MeMe fall out of the possebility since they were allready weaponized and in Marrow's case it's more possible that any previous brainwashing is actualy LOSING it's effect on her. Fantomex would be the most obvious candidate now, after the "EVA backup" who was working around in his head told him to kill everyone better than him.

However i think we shouldn't forget that we can't be fully sure what happend when Psylocke entered the room full of guards. For all we know Volga could have sacreficed all the guards to hide having brainwashed Psylocke. Heck maybe the whole fight with Volga in issue 3 was just an illusion she put the others. Not likely, but not a possebility to ignore either.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    We'll it'll be less frequent now.

Good thing no one is making you read it.
    That's right, no one makes me read it. I choose to read this because I like this book as a whole, I just find certain aspects of it annoying. This may sound crazy to you but I don't have to like every single aspect of Spurrier's writing to find it worthy of reading. So kindly, get over it.

Interesting Marrow thinking of the Marauders and Gambit during the MM. Last there was any hint of a connection between her and Gambit was in Gambit's solo were there was a text message/reminder about calling Sarah. Would be interesting if this team and ANXF met up at some point.

As for the preview, this book seems to be hitting it's stride. Last issue made Fanto actually entertaining for me and this issue appears to focus on probably my favorite character in the book (Marrow).
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That's right, no one makes me read it. I choose to read this because I like this book as a whole, I just find certain aspects of it annoying. This may sound crazy to you but I don't have to like every single aspect of Spurrier's writing to find it worthy of reading. So kindly, get over it.
    Get over yourself. I had the same complaints about the title. I don't need a passive aggressive defensive response.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Get over yourself. I had the same complaints about the title. I don't need a passive aggressive defensive response.
    Then you shouldn't have given me one to begin. You're not the only one with a right to acknowledge that Spurrier's writing is anything less than perfect. This has been boring, so goodbye.

BANNED

Now now guys, we all like different aspects of the books. I like being the Betsy she is. Marrow is my JACK (ME2/ME3) for X-force. Cable is much more the leader was always supposed to be. Pepe le pew still annoys me, but Meme is my girl...
    Great book overall.

Cable is kickass in this. Physically kicking ass, playing things close to the vest, the man with the plan. Couldn't be a better depiction of him IMO. At least so far.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hopefully Molina will act as the permanent back-up artist for this title, I'm enjoying his work so far.

My guess for the weaponized character is Meme, based on what Betsy said about her in issue 3 I'm thinking Meme knows that she is capable of being compromised and not disclosing that information to Cable. The character "meeting his end" is, I think, Fanto. Just because it would further strain his already tenuous mental state.

I don't think Fanto will die yet. I think Si is going to handle the triplet storyline.

And I'm liking MeMe as well

Crossing my fingers for Marrow to be the one that bites it, she annoys me as much as Fanto does many CBR posters.