Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Let's just all agree that short of firing all their writers and putting out a call for keyboard warriors everywhere to start writing their comics, 85% of people will still whine and complain about it.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I don't know, the anniversary of the Crisis would be the perfect time to make major changes and save face while doing it, it seems to me. They'd only be following tradition after all.
    DC have no need whatsoever to 'save face' with anyone, least of all you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's a rumor until proven otherwise. We are too far along with Justice League stuff to go back at this point.
    it's never too late to start over.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    DC have no need whatsoever to 'save face' with anyone, least of all you.
    There's this idea in some quarters that the New 52 has been a failure, despite the actual facts refuting that theory. I don't know why it keeps popping up.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

strange; you'd think johns would want to get rise of the seven seas, luthor & owlman and the simon&jessica thing done, and he should still have enough pull to do so; or is this like his promises for a vast flash franchise after flashpoint?

IF there is a reboot; i would actually expect the rebooting-part to be near or in 2016; so they can try time it to the expected success (snicker) of dawn of justice. in which case it will either be a far more drastic reboot to "synergy" or some sprawling "hay, look how much cool stuff we have to offer tv channels etc as IP" saga of middling quality

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There's this idea in some quarters that the New 52 has been a failure, despite the actual facts refuting that theory. I don't know why it keeps popping up.
    Same, It's fine if you want to say you don't like New52, but I don't see how you can say its failure when the facts are against that kind of statement

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    strange; you'd think johns would want to get rise of the seven seas, luthor & owlman and the simon&jessica thing done, and he should still have enough pull to do so; or is this like his promises for a vast flash franchise after flashpoint?
    In his last Reddit AMA I think he said he has years of JL stories to tell or something along that line, I don't see Darkseid War running in just two issues.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's the general principle of "if you say it often enough, it might BECOME true!"

You don't know how many times I've said, "I'm going to win the lotto next time!"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Same, It's fine if you want to say you don't like New52, but I don't see how you can say its failure when the facts are against that kind of statement
    Eh, it's not a failure, but its success lasted about a year (maybe less) before sales went down again. Tellingly, the biggest selling titles, the Bat-books, weren't affected much by the reboot.

I stand by my opinion that DC has no plan at this point beyond moving out west and figuring out what to do when they unpack in Burbank. I will say this: with everyone working in the same part of the country as the bosses at WB, the company dynamics will change.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 10-23-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    In his last Reddit AMA I think he said he has years of JL stories to tell or something along that line, I don't see Darkseid War running in just two issues.
    I think we can file this in the same drawer as the big Flash franchise that was supposed to come after Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It's the general principle of "if you say it often enough, it might BECOME true!"

You don't know how many times I've said, "I'm going to win the lotto next time!"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah, I know you're right, BA, but how many times can you say the sky is polka dotted with a straight face?

I haven't seen anyone lately say that the new 52 was a commercial failure. If you're talking artistically or story-wise or timeline-wise, that would be different.

Critics I've seen in the thread have not said that the new 52 was a commercial flop. The Bat-books and a few others are doing okay.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Eh, it's not a failure, but its success lasted about a year (maybe less) before sales went down again. Tellingly, the biggest selling titles, the Bat-books, weren't affected much by the reboot..
    Its still Successful now..so

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Eh, it's not a failure, but its success lasted about a year (maybe less) before sales went down again. Tellingly, the biggest selling titles, the Bat-books, weren't affected much by the reboot.
    The fact is DC increased their market share and has kept it at that level (the highest since I was a preschooler during the late '60s). Yes, floppy sales are down, but they are also down the same amount at Marvel (most likely due to increasing digital sales, but that's only a guess - it could mean the market is drying up).

Some of the titles are successes, others less so. DC is putting most of its eggs in the big Bat-basket these days. TV is another story.

Market share is up across the board for companies, and I think a lot of factors are at work. The improving economy, interesting books at indie publishers. This increase has lasted beyond the bubble of the new 52. Here's an example, actually, of how DC is doing vis a vis smaller companies.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 10-23-2014 at 12:43 PM.