Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But Marvel already did that (the reason for subjecting people to Liefeld "anatomy" again). You want DC to try that, too?
    Image comics is better than Marvel and DC right now. So the quality of DC's comics might improve if they try to hire some new inde creators.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    You've brought this up before - none of that's been erased, it all happened. Nothing has been rebooted since then.
    Sorry, I just never really got a straight answer. I read Deathstroke 19 & 20 and didn't see where ARGUS took Terra. Just Deathstroke knocking her out towards the end. And wasn't Teen Titans just rebooted? And this multiverse thing with all the different Earths again, just makes things even more confusing. I've been reading the Teen Titans and it went from issue 3 to this comic about different Teen Titans from Earth-2. Sorry again, just trying to make some sense of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    Sorry, I just never really got a straight answer. I read Deathstroke 19 & 20 and didn't see where ARGUS took Terra. Just Deathstroke knocking her out towards the end. And wasn't Teen Titans just rebooted? And this multiverse thing with all the different Earths again, just makes things even more confusing. I've been reading the Teen Titans and it went from issue 3 to this comic about different Teen Titans from Earth-2. Sorry again, just trying to make some sense of everything.
    No Teen Titans isn't rebooted it relaunched, Teen Titans : Futures End is a 5 year later story about the Earth 2 heroes that are stranded on Earth 0 forming a new teen titans, don't worry about that its not important. As for Terra she's not shown again yet Rose showed up in Superboy thou and he's coming back January in Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    No Teen Titans isn't rebooted it relaunched, Teen Titans : Futures End is a 5 year later story about the Earth 2 heroes that are stranded on Earth 0 forming a new teen titans, don't worry about that its not important. As for Terra she's not shown again yet Rose showed up in Superboy thou and he's coming back January in Supergirl.
    Okay, thanks. Now which Earth are the current Teen Titans (Beast Boy, Red Robin, etc) continuity in? Is it Earth 0 or Earth 1 or a different one? Thanks again.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

But Marvel already did that (the reason for subjecting people to Liefeld "anatomy" again). You want DC to try that, too?
    Those books were still published under the Marvel banner, though. And those scans were from a limited series. (I had to go back and look at those cover scans. OW, my eyes!) Already, Cartoon Network titles are being published by IDW. CN is owned by Warner Brothers, but you'll notice the books are not going to DC. Suppose, say, IDW or Dynamite began publishing the Earth-2 books with the classic JSA team? Cue squeeing readers, perhaps?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    Image comics is better than Marvel and DC right now. So the quality of DC's comics might improve if they try to hire some new inde creators.
    But then it's a question of not chasing off those creators.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    Okay, thanks. Now which Earth are the current Teen Titans (Beast Boy, Red Robin, etc) continuity in? Is it Earth 0 or Earth 1 or a different one? Thanks again.
    Here's the settings for DC's "new52" books:

Books with "Earth 2" in the title, and Worlds' Finest: Earth 2
    Justice League 3000: some weird unknown Earth
    Everything else: DC's main "Earth 0" setting.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Here's the settings for DC's "new52" books:

Books with "Earth 2" in the title, and Worlds' Finest: Earth 2
    Justice League 3000: some weird unknown Earth
    Everything else: DC's main "Earth 0" setting.
    Thanks Glenn. Was really starting to confused for a moment there.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    What makes many Image books so good is that they are not part of a cohesive whole. You have a lot more freedom when you are bound by what happens in another book (let alone 51 other books). The lack of a shared universe also means there does not need to be stringent editorial oversight, quashing your ideas because they don't "fit" inside your corner of the universe or because they would affect other books.

There are great benefits to being apart of a shared universe but the benefits do come with some deficits.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 10-24-2014 at 10:18 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    What makes many Image books so good is that they are not part of a cohesive whole. You have a lot more freedom when you are bound by what happens in another book (let alone 51 other books).
    There are pros and cons to both approaches. Yes, you do have more freedom without having to worry about any of the other books, but there is something very cool about a shared universe that can't be easily dismissed, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There are pros and cons to both approaches. Yes, you do have more freedom without having to worry about any of the other books, but there is something very cool about a shared universe that can't be easily dismissed, IMO.
    Totally agree.

Neither is inherently better than the other. Right now I think Image's style is more appealing (to many) because it is, interestingly, the "fresher" approach. Grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Those books were still published under the Marvel banner, though. And those scans were from a limited series. (I had to go back and look at those cover scans. OW, my eyes!) Already, Cartoon Network titles are being published by IDW. CN is owned by Warner Brothers, but you'll notice the books are not going to DC.
    And those shows are not owned by CN / WB. Does CBS television own every single show it airs?

And those shows are not owned by CN / WB. Does CBS television own every single show it airs?
    The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Ben 10, Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo and Generator Rex were all created by Cartoon Network Studios.