Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    But you care enough to come over here and bitch about it?
    Where did I do that, exactly? For the record, I read quite a few comic books from DC, and I don't really care about the universe or its characters so long as the stories told within it are enjoyable. I simply said I feel sorry for the writers at DC having to work their stories around stuff like this.

Nice try on trying to pick a fight, though. I love the Internet.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Astonishing Member

Since this event is for next year, I don' really see the issue with DC writers being told to end their stories there.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think this is just for thier upcoming move of thier offices to California. They probably want some writers to finish up some storylines before the 2 month move for editorial reasons. I don't know if it is true but during the 2 month move most titles will have a story involving characters from alternate realities during the move, so i think they want some storylines already finished first.

Spectacular Member

If they weren't moving, I'd shout REBOOT, but it's obviously just to save hassle somehow during the move. We already know Eternal is coming straight back, likely without bat-family changes or the traded story would be messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    -This is no different that DC asking creators to finish their stories by August for theme month.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think this is just for thier upcoming move of thier offices to California. They probably want some writers to finish up some storylines before the 2 month move for editorial reasons. I don't know if it is true but during the 2 month move most titles will have a story involving characters from alternate realities during the move, so i think they want some storylines already finished first.
    what difference would that make? we have wifi and email these days, smartphones and sms messaging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    what difference would that make? we have wifi and email these days, smartphones and sms messaging.
    Because they are too busy packing boxes and physically moving things to actually do what they normally do. It's not about connectivity, it's about being too busy doing something else.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I feel like a huge cake has been wheeled into the room and something is going to jump out of it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

So I'm guess now would not be a good time to bother trying to pick up some trades to get caught up? Wait until this is all over or try to look at some stories that are in no way shape connected to the current New 52 as what could be read might not matter as far as the history of characters at the moment?

Focus on Future's End or Multiversity trades as those might be more important?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    So I'm guess now would not be a good time to bother trying to pick up some trades to get caught up? Wait until this is all over or try to look at some stories that are in no way shape connected to the current New 52 as what could be read might not matter as far as the history of characters at the moment?

Focus on Future's End or Multiversity trades as those might be more important?
    I seriously doubt any changes they make would invalidate any previous trades.

Two months of tie-in books to an apparent company-wide crossover? Sounds good to me. I bought a whopping one DC book during Futures End month (Green Arrow, and that was only as it was Lemire's last issue). Two months of not buying any DC books will make my wallet very happy.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I seriously doubt any changes they make would invalidate any previous trades.
    Seriously. DC is still selling trade collections of stories published during the 1940s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    Wait until this is all over or try to look at some stories that are in no way shape connected to the current New 52 as what could be read might not matter as far as the history of characters at the moment?
    Well I think you might be missing out on books you enjoy if you skip them in fear they are getting rebooted.

I think this is most like, as others have said, a combination of cancelations, creative shifts, and trying to avoid a two month break in every story, mixed with a bit of some changes as a result of Futures End and/or Worlds End that some titles will be expected to reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Two months of tie-in books to an apparent company-wide crossover? Sounds good to me. I bought a whopping one DC book during Futures End month (Green Arrow, and that was only as it was Lemire's last issue). Two months of not buying any DC books will make my wallet very happy.
    Yeah, but will *you* be happy? You don't live to serve your wallet; ideally, it's the other way around.

Saving money is a great thing, especially in these times, but I fail to understand how people mistake/substitute it for having a new comic book to read. It's like saying,"I'm starving, but that's great because I won't need to use the restroom!"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well I think you might be missing out on books you enjoy if you skip them in fear they are getting rebooted.

I think this is most like, as others have said, a combination of cancelations, creative shifts, and trying to avoid a two month break in every story, mixed with a bit of some changes as a result of Futures End and/or Worlds End that some titles will be expected to reflect.
    Well I haven't read anything of the New 52 which is why I was wondering. Just don't want waste time if there is a possibility those changes might be changed again. No sense spending money on something that could be altered before I even get close to finishing something or get attached to it. Might as well wait and see what happens I guess. At least that's what my gut is telling me. Then there is the Future's End/World End stuff.

This always happens to me. Whenever I get the feeling of "hey why not try reading comics again" it's always when some crisis is going on or some shake up is taking place. Never when normal stories are being told and none of that is even on the radar.
    Last edited by NeoStar9X; 10-20-2014 at 01:10 PM.