Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    Well I haven't read anything of the New 52 which is why I was wondering. Just don't want waste time if there is a possibility those changes might be changed again. No sense spending money on something that could be altered before I even get close to finishing something or get attached to it. Might as well wait and see what happens I guess. At least that's what my gut is telling me.
    Things are always evolving in a fictional universe, even when reboots aren't on hand. The era between the end of the Golden Age and Silver Age had a number of continuity-WTF moments for the continuing characters that were never resolved, but ultimately, they didn't matter.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    Well I haven't read anything of the New 52 which is why I was wondering. Just don't want waste time if there is a possibility those changes might be changed again. No sense spending money on something that could be altered before I even get close to finishing something or get attached to it. Might as well wait and see what happens I guess. At least that's what my gut is telling me. Then there is the Future's End/World End stuff.

This always happens to me. Whenever I get the feeling of "hey why not try reading comics again" it's always when some crisis is going on or some shake up is taking place. Never when normal stories are being told and not of that is even on the radar.
    Again, I don't think it will be that dramatic. They aren't going to do a big reboot this soon after the last one.

If anybody disagrees, please speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah, but will *you* be happy? You don't live to serve your wallet; ideally, it's the other way around.

Saving money is a great thing, especially in these times, but I fail to understand how people mistake/substitute it for having a new comic book to read. It's like saying,"I'm starving, but that's great because I won't need to use the restroom!"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I won't say 100% until they're solicited and I know what they're about, but if it's similar to Futures End month, I'll still be happy. I have no interest in all of my books tying into a series I most likely won't (or in Futures End's case: don't) read. If you do, awesome. You've got an entire two months worth of a metric ton of books to read. It just doesn't appeal to me.

As far as not having things to read? In some cases I'll use the lack of buying that title to give another title I don't read a chance. But I also have an entire shelf of trades I still need to read, so I'll have plenty to read regardless.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

i don't want to say there isn't some major status quo change happening..... but i also wouldn't hold off on reading things that interest you while we wait to see what's happening.

I'm just glad that stories won't be interrupted for two-months, its bad enough when the Sepember Event interrupts ongoing plots. The two-month break is a great time to shuffle the decks around. Most of the new creative teams we were told from the start would be interim place-holders, such as Catwoman. Excited to see what happens after the two-month break.

This is good news. DC will likely be incorporating the declining Marvel universe into their ranks.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Again, I don't think it will be that dramatic. They aren't going to do a big reboot this soon after the last one.

If anybody disagrees, please speak up.
    Well, a reboot is out of the question, for sure, but they may have a very different status quo by the time this event ends; It's pretty reasonable to assume that DC used it's first 2 years after the reboot to surf on the hype, throw everything they wanted at the wall and see what sticked. Year 3 has been about playing it safe; line is smaller, 3 weeklies, lots of Batman. Year 4 may be the year they start feeding the hype machine again, and these kinds of events are ideal for stuff like that.

So, I agree with the "no reboot", but still think some pretty dramatic changes may be coming.

I have a feeling we will be seeing more creators telling D C they will not make the California move over the next few months.
    But we will also see some creators who live on the west coast already agreeing to do a book or two for D C Comics once they are moved there.

I think this whole two month of no publishing New 52 stories and creative teams finishing up on there books, is more related to this than
    some big monster game changing event ...... although, I guess what ever does come to be, will (in some way or another) be a big event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I have a feeling we will be seeing more creators telling D C they will not make the California move over the next few months.
    But we will also see some creators who live on the west coast already agreeing to do a book or two for D C Comics once they are moved there.

I think this whole two month of no publishing New 52 stories and creative teams finishing up on there books, is more related to this than
    some big monster game changing event ...... although, I guess what ever does come to be, will (in some way or another) be a big event.
    Very few if any of the creators actually live in New York or California (at least, not by virtue of the fact that they work for DC). Most of them work from home and e-mail their stuff in. It's the editors, marketing people, and other non-creatives who come in to the actual office every day who are affected.

It is the editorial and production staff who need the two months of not doing their regular job so they can move, of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, a reboot is out of the question, for sure, but they may have a very different status quo by the time this event ends; It's pretty reasonable to assume that DC used it's first 2 years after the reboot to surf on the hype, throw everything they wanted at the wall and see what sticked. Year 3 has been about playing it safe; line is smaller, 3 weeklies, lots of Batman. Year 4 may be the year they start feeding the hype machine again, and these kinds of events are ideal for stuff like that.

So, I agree with the "no reboot", but still think some pretty dramatic changes may be coming.
    I suppose I can see some dramatic changes, but not dramatic "retroactive" changes that might put a previous new52 trade out of canon.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 10-20-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

I think that we will just have a lot of new issue #1s and some new creative teams. They probably want a clean slate start for many of the books after the supposed event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    There isn't even any Robin at the moment, why do people want DC to get rid of Characters only to reintroduce them i'll never understand.

-This is no different that DC asking creators to finish their stories by August for theme month.
    But . . . how many writers actually do bother to wrap-up current story lines just for the September theme months?

Is it not because of them moving from the East Coast to the West? I thought it was due to that.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I seriously doubt any changes they make would invalidate any previous trades.
    And even if they do, if the stories look and sound appealing to you, NeoStar9X, then why not read them now, anyway? The continuity of good story-telling is the one that should always matter most.

Nevertheless, I agree with Glenn. I doubt this will be another Earth-shattering crisis. Some ripples at best used as an excuse to streamline certain preexisting changes is what the smart money seems to be on.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Is it not because of them moving from the East Coast to the West? I thought it was due to that.
    Technically, the writers and artists aren't going anywhere. They work from home. It's the editors and production (and advertising and others like that) who work from the actual offices and would be moving.

So yes, it presumably has to do with the fact that DC is moving during that period, but it's not the writers and artists who are actually moving.