Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Ms. Marvel, #9

In "Ms. Marvel" #9 by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona, Medusa and Kamala finally meet, and Kamala learns the true origin of her powers.

Full review here.

Yeah seriously, the Ms. Marvel hype train continues. It makes me disappointing then that there's nothing for December. But with Ms. Marvel soon entering a new year, and one year, since her debut, it makes me eager for what'll be in store for 2015.

I've yet to read a Ms. Marvel comic that warrants a score below 4 out of 5. The consistent quality of this book is one of its greatest features. Somehow, it just keeps finding a way to be awesome. That's rare in any comic these days. But it feels extra special in this book. Between Kamala having a new pet in Lockjaw and her meeting the Inhumans for the first time, there's so much to love about it. For a while, I was waiting for it to falter like so many other promising solo books have. Somehow, this book has avoided it to the point where I've stopped waiting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

Why a "Ms."? Must even a single teenage girl be defined by her marital status? That's her "title"? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by bartok View Post
    Why a "Ms."? Must even a single teenage girl be defined by her marital status? That's her "title"? Seriously?
    And yet I don't remember a whole ton of complaints when Carol Danvers held the mantle. Admittedly I wouldn't know, but if people were as anal as you on this, they would've changed that.

The Ms. Marvel name is there purely because of recognition. It's not necessary to delve into the psychology of the mantle.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    And yet I don't remember a whole ton of complaints when Carol Danvers held the mantle. Admittedly I wouldn't know, but if people were as anal as you on this, they would've changed that.

The Ms. Marvel name is there purely because of recognition. It's not necessary to delve into the psychology of the mantle.
    And Kamala chose it herself didn't she? She admires Carol and wanted to emulate her, taking the name she's no longer using as a tribute. It's got nothing to do with marital status.