Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Peter Tomasi Reveals Batman's Post-"Robin Rises" Partner

Ahead of the "Robin Rises" finale, Peter Tomasi has revealed the identity of Batman's next partner via the cover of "Batman and Robin" #38.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

I'm still not convinced that this is what is actually happening.

That said, I'm thrilled of it is. There are a number of writers I'd love to see play with the Damian/BatFamily dynamic. VERY convinced that Seeley would nail it, also would love to see Jason Aaron on a relaunched Batman and Robin title.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Can't keep a good Robin down

What's with DC ticking all my boxes lately and Marvel letting me down so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Can't keep a good Robin down

What's with DC ticking all my boxes lately and Marvel letting me down so badly?
    My thoughts exactly, it's surprising! Just hope DC can keep the momentum going.

Anyways: Boo-yah!! Damian's back!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I'm still not convinced that this is what is actually happening.

That said, I'm thrilled of it is. There are a number of writers I'd love to see play with the Damian/BatFamily dynamic. VERY convinced that Seeley would nail it, also would love to see Jason Aaron on a relaunched Batman and Robin title.
    Yeah would be nice if this is one of the books being told to wrap up their stories.

I have to admit, I'm kind of disappointed; I was warming up to the idea of Duke Thomas as Robin/Lark. (And what's up with the birdy codenames?)

All-New Member

Looking back that character has come a long way. Remember when he was universally hated? Remember how much of a <censored> he was? Over time he was softened, became this character alot of us grew to appreciate, and care for which made his dead that much harder to take. (If he'd been killed off awhile back few would have cared). I'd enjoy having him back.

Astonishing Member

oh thank god, i was worried it would be carrie.

that said, i hope she does eventually return as supporting cast for damian

i'd understand if people would think this is a cop out seeing as how the book dealt with Batman coping with Damien's death but it's good to see that Damien is Robin again (Or so it seems). I got the Batman UK anthology books so I missed like Batman and Robin 7-17 but the first arc was brilliant. Damien is one of my favourite Robins and it's great to see he's back. The only bad thing was I don't get the inclusion of Carrie Kelly. Like a red herring sure but she was useless

Damian's way too good a character to leave dead, so I've got no problem with this.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to admit, I'm kind of disappointed; I was warming up to the idea of Duke Thomas as Robin/Lark. (And what's up with the birdy codenames?)
    Well if Harper's going to be Bluebird, there's no reason Duke can't be Lark and Damian goes back to being Robin.

That said, I'm also not fully sold on Damian actually being the one back. Covers have lied before. I'm hoping it's true, though. I love that brat.

BANNED

I won't lie...I hated Damien with a passion but he slowly began to grow on me and then he was killed off once I actually liked him. Too bad though, I wanted to see more interactions with him and The Huntress of Earth 2. Hopefully it could happen in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rentaroomyman View Post
    i'd understand if people would think this is a cop out seeing as how the book dealt with Batman coping with Damien's death but it's good to see that Damien is Robin again (Or so it seems). I got the Batman UK anthology books so I missed like Batman and Robin 7-17 but the first arc was brilliant. Damien is one of my favourite Robins and it's great to see he's back. The only bad thing was I don't get the inclusion of Carrie Kelly. Like a red herring sure but she was useless
    i suspect she was originally planned to be the new robin; but either Miller threw a hissy fit and wouldn't have participated in 'tec 27, tomasi was given the go ahead for a ressurection; or some combination. that and probably the eternal writers had a status quo that precluded carrie as robin (because harper, julia and steph)

just so long as it doesn't turn out ol' stone face hasn't moved his spirit into damian's body and we're good

And here I thought it was going to be

Here's the Solicitations text:

More SPOILERS of course
    BATMAN AND ROBIN #38

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art and cover by Patrick Gleason and Mick Gray, variant cover by Dave Bullock.

The team of Batman and Robin are together again! But what is the new dynamic for this crimefighting duo now that Damian has super powers of his own?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 21.