Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Can't keep a good Robin down

What's with DC ticking all my boxes lately and Marvel letting me down so badly?
    This is surprisingly accurate, but I like it.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

On first look I was against Damian getting powers, but the more I think about it there could be some fun stories there. It will be interesting to see how Bruce reacts to his 10 year old son being more powerful than himself.

Damn right its him. Like it was gonna be anybody else.

BANNED

I'm so happy! The thought of Carrie Kelly or somebody else made me ill. It is Damian's RIGHT as Bruce's son to be Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    On first look I was against Damian getting powers, but the more I think about it there could be some fun stories there. It will be interesting to see how Bruce reacts to his 10 year old son being more powerful than himself.
    Bruce puts down people more powerful than himself all the time so this shouldn't be a problem.

Never had even the slightest bit of doubt it was ever going to be anyone but Damian. Nice to have it finally confirmed though.

Amazing Member

No surprise here since superheroes always come back from the dead anyway

Incredible Member

I'm glad that the little bugger's coming back, definitely missed his attitude. But let me throw this out as an idea, what if this doesn't work on Damian actually coming back, but Kalibak can get a clone up and running, even putting in some of Superman's blood they somehow got and that's how he gets the superpowers. Thoughts?

I'm glad that we're getting our boy back.

As a voice of dissent, this is bad news. I genuinely think Damian is a terrible character. He is unoriginal and his character arc is one that manipulates its readership instead of earning its respect with genuine creativity. By being the son, it brings baggage to the Bat mythos that has ruined the books for me, and I was a huge fan. Its just my opinion, but I always believed Batman should be a street Vigilante taking on a slightly hyped up version of what cops who patrol dangerous neighborhoods take on everyday. By adding a petulant twelve year old son, that concept is immediately taken away. It should not be about some father son relationship, there's avenues of story types that are much better for examining that type of bond. Growing up I read nothing but Batman, but this character has genuinely ruined it for me and I'm done. I'm not trying to be dramatic, its just the way I feel.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    The key word there is "some". I feel like stories with a super powered Damian would grow dull very quickly. I feel like Tomasi has really written himself into a corner here and is going to take the rest of the writers with him. Personally I feel the opposite about the whole package upon thinking about it. I dislike that they are bringing him back for reasons I've already gone into multiple times but the super power angle just makes it worse.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 10-20-2014 at 09:12 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Amazing Member

Damian is hugely popular second after Tim. DC would've been crazy not to bring him back.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    It undermines the conclusion of the original saga, a eight year story far greater than anyone else will be putting out in the near future; especially when you consider that Morrison left a new and alternative option for future writers just sitting there as a gift; the Damian clones.
    But, but...think of the stories you can write w/ him alive! He's such a great character! Who cares about old stories when you can just recycle characters in new ones!

...says someone who'd disagree w/ you. I am not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Just as we were getting excited to see someone new in the role, whether it be Steph, Harper, Duke or hell even Carrie, they bait and switch to old ground. You can never truly go back to glory days once they're passed; best to remember the good times while moving on to create others.
    But, but...we don't like new characters replacing ones we love! Unless they're cool. Like Damian. He was new, but we loved him b/c he was cool. But his potential replacement? We automatically hate and despise before even knowing if they're cool or not.

...says someone who'd disagree w/ you. I am not one of those.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Haha, I've been wanting to see Dick with super powers for the longest time but it is Damian that gets them. Guess that idea has now been used up. Oh well. Wonder how long he will have them. Still I am glad he is finally back and someone else didn't take the Robin identity from him.
    My bet is that they will either gradually decline in their potency over time or he will use the powers as a springboard to becoming a more important hero in the greater DCU.

Amazing Member

I'm against having any new Robin because you then have to poach abilities from the other Robins to make the new one work.