Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dowla View Post
    Hmm Nova is missing, did it get cancelled ?
    No..it has been rarely listed with Cosmic on these advanced solicits.. this same thing has happened a couple of months now.

Note there is no Silver Surfer, Cyclops, or Captain Marvel books as well.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 10-21-2014 at 06:28 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    No..it has been rarely listed with Cosmic on these advanced solicits.. this same thing has happened a couple of months now.

Note there is no Silver Surfer, Cyclops, or Captain Marvel books as well.
    Thanks, I honestly don't even read the new Nova, don't like it at all.

I'm picking RR and Guardians 3000, the only reason I'm picking GoTG right now is to find out what happened to Rich RIDER ( not RYDER ). Bendis sucks on the book and will continue to suck all the way.

Thanks, I honestly don't even read the new Nova, don't like it at all.

I'm picking RR and Guardians 3000, the only reason I'm picking GoTG right now is to find out what happened to Rich RIDER ( not RYDER ). Bendis sucks on the book and will continue to suck all the way.
    Well don't look on the new Infinity Gauntlet solicit (Face palm) Marvel just doesn't get Nova...!

Hmm Nova is missing, did it get cancelled ?
    Only in my dreams unfortunately
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

When the hell are they kicking Bendis off Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men? They're unreadable. God damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    When the hell are they kicking Bendis off Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men? They're unreadable. God damn.
    It's not bendis is Humphries story and it comes out feb. I can't wait legendary star lord has really been a really cool book to read I ship starkat and to have to in one month is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by starlord215 View Post
    It's not bendis is Humphries story and it comes out feb. I can't wait legendary star lord has really been a really cool book to read I ship starkat and to have to in one month is amazing
    He didnt mention Black Vortex whatsoever. He mentioned Guardians and Xmen. Two books that Bendis writes.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I agree. Both books feel directionless and Guardians take a backseat in thier own book with mischaracterized characters and decompressed plots.

BANNED

I don't mind Bendis on guardians, but he really is the king of decompressed story. I didn't feel it that much because I catch up recently with his GOG issues

not young in the interiors :/

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

He's going to be on X-Men at least until the next San Diego Comic Con, probably far longer. Marts and Bendis are good friends, they have big things in store for the X-Men (which, apparently, includes poaching as many Bat Family writers as possible).

Marvel's sales have been flagging, especially at the top (when you discount Spidey and events). All-New and Uncanny may not be huge sellers like they were in the distant past but, at the same time, they are still right near the top of Marvel's current on goings. There's no way they are taking Bendis off X-Men now.

As for Guardians, given the precipitous drop in the charts that both Star Lord and Rocket underwent after their first issue, Marvel is likely feeling quite happy that they have their A-List talent on Guardians, as it would probably be far, far lower on the sales chart if not for Bendis.

ROCKET #7: Been a fun light read so far, Rocket getting his own rogues gallery and supporting cast is a great thing. I'm still on board.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #23- Another awesome artist wasted on this book. Will this series ever be known as anything other than the shameless cash grab that it is? This series' lack of focus on the actual GotG is exactly why we needed a solo Gamora book so badly, here's hoping Drax will have his own book soon too. The need for constant team-ups and event tie-ins are the most obvious story-telling crutches there are. I really hope Bendys' Powers TV series does well, that way he can focus all his attention on his baby and finally leave what MUST BE the worst Marvel Comic book on the stands today. Seriously guys, is there anything worse than this title coming from Marvel? Even the less inspiring Marvel titles out there at least have the excuse that they don't feature A-listers or are dealing with completely new concepts and characters. It sounds mean and I know he's a nice enough guy but really I don't think there is ANY writer currently working at Marvel that could do a worse job than Bendys has done with this series.

LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #7 & 8: /sigh...come on Humphries, bounce back man! Are you seriously gonna do ANOTHER prison break angle?! It was old the first 17 times Bendys used it LAST YEAR and now this will be what, the 4th time Humphries uses it THIS year? Kitty Pryde wore out her welcome REAL fast, somebody find another space bullet to trap her in for a few more years PLEASE. Maybe, Pryde's involvement wouldn't feel so forced if there weren't a ton of other strong female characters available and in need of more exposure. Mantis, a strong female character that has potential to show up in the Movie's sequel, and a person that Peter actually has some on panel history with is stuck in limbo. Marvel wants to push more female characters into the spotlight, then shine that spotlight on the gals that need it. If there's one thing Kitty doesn't need it's MORE exposure. Here's hoping the Mr.Knife reveal is somebody we've actually seen in a comic with Peter previously...the list isn't all that long really but anybody from the Annihilation era onward would be far more compelling then some "off-panel" acquaintance or ugh, yet another Snorlax Empire relative. Maybe, Gabe/Capt Universe from the Giffen Star Lord:Conquest series?

GUARDIANS 3000 #4 I only have issue #1 to go off so far but Abnett has built up a great line of credit with me as a reader so I'm on board for sure. Plus, we get at least one version of Star Lord here that isn't desperately trying to ape the movie's version. No sir, unlike the other guys here Abnett started this GotG gravy train every one else is just enjoying the ride. Plus, "The Sleeping Hunger" sounds FAR deadlier than "Mr.Knife"...it's actually LOL worthy when you compare the two.

THANOS vs HULK #2 (of 4) MORE Starlin! Yet another entry in this new Thanos collection he started with Annual #1, OF COURSE I'm on board.
    Just, look at that cast; Annihulus, Blaastar, Pip the Troll! I'm sure this will be less relevant to the new Infinity Narrative he's putting together but the meta-messages alone will make this a fun and juicy read. Maybe, we'll get another update on what Nu-Adam Warlock has been up to.
    Last edited by Superkreep; 10-21-2014 at 09:39 AM.