Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Nyssa al Ghul Returns in New "Arrow" Images

Katrina Law reprises her role as Nyssa al Ghul later this month on "Arrow," and CBR has the first look at her return to Starling City.

Full article here.

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

Not only is it the long-percolating debut of actor Matt Nable as Ra's al Ghul
    Nice! I didn't expect Ra's al Ghul so soon in the season.

it's also the return of Katrina Law as that character's daughter, Nyssa al Ghul
    -faints-
    Katrina Law was one of the highlights of season 2 for me, so her return is awesome!!! (although not entirely unexpected, given the circumstances)
    It's a pity she won't have any scenes with Caity Lotz... -poor Sara-

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG. View Post
    It's a pity she won't have any scenes with Caity Lotz... -poor Sara-
    She might do at some point. The writers have said they still want to show how Sara joined the League and since the al Ghul's are here this season chances are we could have flashbacks sometime soon.

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderLad View Post
    She might do at some point. The writers have said they still want to show how Sara joined the League and since the al Ghul's are here this season chances are we could have flashbacks sometime soon.
    True. However, I meant having scenes together in the present, and seeing them both kick ass like in the finale with the supersoldiers.
    Anyway, it's gonna be cool watching Sara train with the League of Assassins.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I only wonder how close to the books their depiction of the Al-Ghuls will be... maybe we could see Nyssa using the Lazarus Pit to revive Sara. That'd be a cool plot, maybe for a later season once Laurel has been established as Black Canary.

I was hoping she would show up again this season and glad it is happening so soon.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Am i the only one scared that Nyssa might stick around and this might lead to some Oliver/Nyssa action. The staring in one of those pictures and the fact that Oliver survived having a blade to his neck.

Anyone or am i making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    Truth is the best policy

Ultimate Member

Well we saw how psychotic angry Nyssa got when Sara just left suddenly without saying goodbye/giving a reason. I cannot imagine how pissed she must be right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Am i the only one scared that Nyssa might stick around and this might lead to some Oliver/Nyssa action. The staring in one of those pictures and the fact that Oliver survived having a blade to his neck.

Anyone or am i making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    I understand your worry, but I'd like to give the writers a bit more credit than that. I mean there were people worried about an Amanda/Oliver relationship last season and that clearly isn't happening. Don't get me wrong, the writers make a lot of dumb mistakes that should be avoided (Helena's character assassination being my favorite) but they aren't completely inept.

Helena suffered because she is essentially a darker Batman, one willing to kill under the right circumstances. They tried to use her for her normal purposes in Arrow, but there was one problem: Arrow was pretty much the Punisher. To be his dark reflection, she had to be outright psycho.

Does every hero costume in that show need to be a hoodie with a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    They're sort of contractually obligated. Contract with Nike, y'see.

;p

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Helena suffered because she is essentially a darker Batman, one willing to kill under the right circumstances. They tried to use her for her normal purposes in Arrow, but there was one problem: Arrow was pretty much the Punisher. To be his dark reflection, she had to be outright psycho.
    Except, unless I'm incorrect about Frank, Punisher doesn't give second chances. The Hood put the scare into people, intimidated, or hurt them. And gave them a chance, from that, to walk away and redeem themselves. Even if a bit bullying, or serial killer/psychopath-ish, still a halfway decent policy, even if it wouldn't be the most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    I understand your worry, but I'd like to give the writers a bit more credit than that. I mean there were people worried about an Amanda/Oliver relationship last season and that clearly isn't happening. Don't get me wrong, the writers make a lot of dumb mistakes that should be avoided (Helena's character assassination being my favorite) but they aren't completely inept.
    I’m worried because of the cliché but it could be fun, remember what Ollie said about Ra’s last season. Pretty sure he would be pi$$ed finding someone who he may consider below her station having a relationship (even if it’s just a friends with benefits thing.) Nyssa sexual orientation was never confirmed so it could happen but it would annoy the internet fan boys as they would scream for Olicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Na pretty much the other way round, Arrow was the darker Batman who killed under what he consider where the right circumstances and Helena was the Punisher because last I checked Frank could be pretty psycho when he wanted to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    No I think that’s a team arrow requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Except, unless I'm incorrect about Frank, Punisher doesn't give second chances. The Hood put the scare into people, intimidated, or hurt them. And gave them a chance, from that, to walk away and redeem themselves. Even if a bit bullying, or serial killer/psychopath-ish, still a halfway decent policy, even if it wouldn't be the most effective.
    I think for Punisher he didn’t see the grey areas either you were scum or you were innocent. If you were innocent then he left you alone if you were scum you were dead.
    Truth is the best policy

Ultimate Member

No, there is SOME grey in the Punisher's thinking. For instance, he's not going to go and just up an kill an embezzler. He might scare the crap out of them, but it's generally the worst of the worst (killers, rapists, crime lords, terrorists, etc) that he saves his bullets for. He's also willing to give people second chances under CERTAIN circumstances (such as when Rhino tried to go legit and he and Frank had a sort-of working relationship). And he absolutely wouldn't deliberately murder honest cops (though maybe corrupt ones under certain circumstances). And THAT'S where show Helena really fails. The REAL Huntress isn't going to try and murder innocent people, including cops just trying to do their jobs, let alone for petty revenge. Comic book Helena is ruthless, but she's not a full-on psycho like show Helena is/was.