Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Hey who here reads God Hates Astronauts? I see it's getting a first trade in January and while the art isn't my thing, it sounds pretty hilarious. My question is, is this the very first volume, or the recent storyline where some stuff with NASA goes down? Because I wanna read that one.

EDIT: Because lists are fun, I'm also getting A Voice In The Dark #5, and if I end up liking them, Intersect, Tooth & Claw and ODY-C.
    This is a new printing of the original series. Yes get it and never look at comics the same way ever again. You'll be loving life. Then go pick up the single issues of the current series.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm not a regular IMAGE buyer but will re-sample Spawn #250. I read #200 and didn't get rehooked, but Al Simmons is coming back so I'm curious.
    I'll also be looking forward to Savage Dragon #200 in a few months.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

For sure
    CRIMINAL SPECIAL EDITION
    EAST OF WEST #17
    PROPHET: EARTH WAR #3
    ZERO #14

On trial / TDB it I'll pull long term:
    THE DYING AND THE DEAD #1
    DRIFTER #3
    ROCHE LIMIT #5
    TOOTH & CLAW #3

I'll have to be patient on quite a few books, namely Black Science, The Fade Out, Lazarus, Low, Saga, Umbral and Velvet....

Is there any word on whether Trees will end with issue #8 like it was suggested by Ellis?

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Getting ODY-C, WICKED & THE DIVINE, SOUTHERN BASTARDS and WYTCHES.

Don't see Velvet, Fade Out, Invincible or Lazarus on this solicitation listing. That is just about my entire Image pull list. The only one I see on there that I pull is Zero.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Is there any word on whether Trees will end with issue #8 like it was suggested by Ellis?
    No clue. There hasn't been a trade solicited yet, so maybe that's still up in the air.

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

So glad Spawn is being handed off to Brian Wood and a new artist in February. Not sure how Szymon Kudranski was left as artist for so long.

Al Simmons will be coming back too, replacing that extremely boring Jim Downings and hopefully leaving that plot behind to be forgotten forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm not a regular IMAGE buyer but will re-sample Spawn #250. I read #200 and didn't get rehooked, but Al Simmons is coming back so I'm curious.
    I'll also be looking forward to Savage Dragon #200 in a few months.
    I'm also curious about Al's return and maybe IX Generation.

All-New Member

Birthright, The Humans, Nailbiter, Tech Jacket, Tooth & Claw, Rat Queens, Shutter, S. Bastards, Deadly Class, Manifest Destiny, Revival, WicDiv, Wytches.

My wife and I both read Supreme Blue Rose, although neither of us know what the hell is going on. We're in it for Lotay's artwork for now, remaining hopeful that the random images start tying the story together for now.

Missing the Fade Out for a month in lieu of a Criminal OS is definitely an even trade. No complaints there.

On a more global note, it would be AWESOME if all of the major publishers released these lists. It could be that this is already the case - I am pretty new to this forum, haven't had a chance to figure out the best means to search this. Any tips on that from other forum members are certainly welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    This is a new printing of the original series. Yes get it and never look at comics the same way ever again. You'll be loving life. Then go pick up the single issues of the current series.
    Yeah I saw the previews for the current series and they totally cracked me up. Unfortunately over here it's really hard to get indie comics without pre-ordering so was kinda hoping this was a trade of the current series. But yeah I've seen it get a lot of hype in the weekly poll threads so think I'll just go for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MiloTheMayor View Post
    On a more global note, it would be AWESOME if all of the major publishers released these lists. It could be that this is already the case - I am pretty new to this forum, haven't had a chance to figure out the best means to search this. Any tips on that from other forum members are certainly welcome.
    Do you mean lists like this which detail which comics are going to be released in future months? Because those are readily available for virtually every publisher! ComicBookResources has them for Dark Horse, Image, DC/Vertigo, Marvel/Icon and IDW every month. Usually released in that order too. Other publishers like Boom! Studios/Archaia release theirs through the Newsarama website; usually someone posts a thread about them or Dynamite Comics in the Independents forum here though. The lists for ALL the publishers are also available in the huge monthly Previews catalogue (and probably their website).

Here I'll add some links for the solicitations for January 2015 which were uploaded this week. Dark Horse: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56302 DC: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56446 Marvel: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56465
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    Amazon has Vol. 1 coming out on Feb. 10. However, sites like Amazon and B&N tend to run about a week behind, so hopefully it will be out Feb. 4.
    Indeed, not sure why I was thinking this would be in the January solicits. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. This is the first month from Image in the past year where I won't be buying any trades.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Fantastic Member

For those looking to dive into Spawn 250 for Al that haven't read it in a while, note that the new team of Brian Wood and Jonboy Meyers will debut in the epilogue portion of this issue and then fully take over from 251 onwards. 250 will most probably heavily deal with wrapping up Jim and then towards the end bring Al back.

New Hickman book is good, but I'll trade wait on that given how Bodenheim's previous two books with Hickman (Red Mass and Secret) suffered major delays and I hope Hickman gets to tell the full story here as opposed to cutting it short like he did with Secret. Wonder what this means for Manhattan Projects though since East of West is going strong?

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    For sure
    CRIMINAL SPECIAL EDITION
    EAST OF WEST #17
    PROPHET: EARTH WAR #3
    ZERO #14

On trial / TDB it I'll pull long term:
    THE DYING AND THE DEAD #1
    DRIFTER #3
    ROCHE LIMIT #5
    TOOTH & CLAW #3
    Really nice list. The only change I would make is to have Lazarus on the for sure, but your taste is excellent. Also, where the hell is volume four of Prophet. I am dying to read it, but there is not sign of it in the solicits.

Casanova. Casanova. Casanova. Nobody else mentioning that is a fucking crime. Casanova.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    This is the 2nd month, in a row, of no issues of invincible. What is going on?
    Issue 115 is late so they need to catch up to issues that have already been solicited for prior months (115 - 117). So we should see an issue in January as long as they get back to a regular schedule:

November - #115
    December - #116
    January - #117
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki