Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Image solicitations day has become the most disappointing day of each month for me. The delays and skipped months really hurt Image's brand in my opinion.

Anyway, this month for me includes:
    Alex + Ada
    Deadly Class (the covers have been atrocious recently)
    East of West
    Five Ghosts
    The Fuse
    Shutter
    Wytches
    Zero
    Supreme: Blue Rose (I hate this book, but want to collect all 7 issues so they are easier to sell on ebay)
    They're Not Like Us (maybe)
    Tooth & Claw (maybe)
    The Dying and the Dead (maybe)
    The Wicked and the Divine (maybe)

Literally my 6 favorite Image books are no shows: Invincible, Lazarus, The Fade Out, The Mercenary Sea, Velvet, and Sex Criminals.

Also no Low, Outcast, Saga, and Black Science.

Disappointing Image...disappointing.

Thought I will always read the books that aren't coming out in January as long as they are made, these delays and skip months make me not want to start new Image books...hope others don't feel the same

-Criminal Special Edition (One-Shot): Oh, yeah. New Criminal is always a plus.

No Outcast again? Grr....
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

If they need skip months, so be it. Id' rather have a consistently quality comic book than fill in issues.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    For sure
    CRIMINAL SPECIAL EDITION
    EAST OF WEST #17
    PROPHET: EARTH WAR #3
    ZERO #14

On trial / TDB it I'll pull long term:
    THE DYING AND THE DEAD #1
    DRIFTER #3
    ROCHE LIMIT #5
    TOOTH & CLAW #3

I'll have to be patient on quite a few books, namely Black Science, The Fade Out, Lazarus, Low, Saga, Umbral and Velvet....

Is there any word on whether Trees will end with issue #8 like it was suggested by Ellis?
    I read an article where Ellis said that he could see Trees going beyond the initial 8 issues that was first planned and the story really does seem to be coming to a fitting enough conclusion for it to end in 2 more issues. However, no January issue does pose questions about the continuity of the series, personally I would be more than happy if it surpassed 8 issues.

Even though it seems most of my favourites are taking the month off, there sure are some awesome surprises this month (Casanova! Criminal! New Hickman book!)

Casanova: Acedia #1
    The Dying and the Dead #1
    Criminal Special Edition
    Birthright #4
    Bitch Planet #2
    Deadly Class #11
    East of West #17
    Ghosted #16 (Juan Jose Ryp sighting!)
    Intersect #3
    Morning Glories #45
    Nailbiter #9
    Odyc #3
    Revival #27
    Southern Bastards #7
    Supreme: Blue Rose #6
    The Walking Dead #136
    The Wicked + the Divine #7
    Wytches #4
    Zero #14

Looking good.
    BB

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I'm curious about this series from the preview art I've seen, and I wish it was out sooner.

EDIT: meant to include the quote mentioning Low.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Thought I will always read the books that aren't coming out in January as long as they are made, these delays and skip months make me not want to start new Image books...hope others don't feel the same
    I feel the same way too. I'm trade waiting most Image books nowadays except Fade Out and Five Ghosts. Those are the pitfalls of creator-owned stuff I guess.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    For those looking to dive into Spawn 250 for Al that haven't read it in a while, note that the new team of Brian Wood and Jonboy Meyers will debut in the epilogue portion of this issue and then fully take over from 251 onwards. 250 will most probably heavily deal with wrapping up Jim and then towards the end bring Al back.

New Hickman book is good, but I'll trade wait on that given how Bodenheim's previous two books with Hickman (Red Mass and Secret) suffered major delays and I hope Hickman gets to tell the full story here as opposed to cutting it short like he did with Secret. Wonder what this means for Manhattan Projects though since East of West is going strong?
    Well, Hickman is scaling back his Marvel work. His run on the Avengers is winding down, and he'll probably only be doing Secret Wars once a month come May. So, four ongoings. Seems pretty simple for Hickman.

Subscribed to :-

BIRTHRIGHT #4 ( if I'm still on it )
    BITCH PLANET #2
    COPPERHEAD #5
    C.O.W.L. #8
    DARK ENGINE #5
    DEADLY CLASS #11
    DRIFTER #3
    EAST OF WEST #17
    FIVE GHOSTS #16
    GOD HATES ASTRONAUTS #5
    INTERSECT #3
    MANIFEST DESTINY #13
    NAILBITER #9
    ODYC #3
    RASPUTIN #4
    RAT QUEENS #11
    RUMBLE #2
    SEX #19
    SHUTTER #8
    SOUTHERN BASTARDS #7
    SPREAD #7
    SUPREME: BLUE ROSE #6
    THEY'RE NOT LIKE US #2
    TOOTH & CLAW #3
    WYTCHES #4
    ZERO #14

Maybe :-

CRIMINAL SPECIAL EDITION (ONE-SHOT)
    THE DYING AND THE DEAD #1

On Hiatus ? :-

BLACK SCIENCE
    CHEW
    DRUMHELLAR
    LAZARUS
    LOW
    SAGA
    SHUTTER
    SIDEKICK
    THE FADE OUT
    TREES
    VELVET
    Last edited by rac shade; 10-21-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Well, Hickman is scaling back his Marvel work. His run on the Avengers is winding down, and he'll probably only be doing Secret Wars once a month come May. So, four ongoings. Seems pretty simple for Hickman.
    I see, thanks for that. I was getting a bit worried since their was no new MP solicited for either December and now January, but that sounds pretty feasible of a workload for Hickman. Just hope their won't be too long of delays on the artistic end.

Spectacular Member

Final issue of the current arc of saga next week. Looks like febuary before it's back. Good job I read a whole load more comic.

From Hickman's twitter:

Hey, hey! Image solicited THE DYING AND THE DEAD today, but there was a mistake in the size and price of the issue.
    It's a super-sized 64 pages. Three issues worth for $4.50.
    http://www.pronea.com/samples/tease.html

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Supreme: Blue Rose (I hate this book, but want to collect all 7 issues so they are easier to sell on ebay)
    Snipped your quote to ask if you're sure about Supreme Blue Rose being 7 issues? I've LOVED the art on this that I've seen and never read an Ellis book (yes, shame on me), but never committed to it because I can't sustain another ongoing title on my pull list. But if it's a mini, one trade won't make me broke... Plus I did really enjoy Glory and especially Prophet...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If they need skip months, so be it. Id' rather have a consistently quality comic book than fill in issues.
    Yeah agreed here. Plus I'm always VERY close to my maximum monthly budget, so really whenever any title has an off-month I'm secretly a little relieved haha.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I can't believe people complain about skip months. Yes, delays do suck. But taking a month or two off? Does that actually warrant a complaint? Who doesn't want a unified vision for a comic?