Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    It's weird that Image has put us in a position of ignoring good books because there are so many great ones (I only read things as trades to begin with which compounds the problem). Honestly, I am just looking for a book to replace Prophet which is wrapping in March (assuming it's not delayed). "Drifter" looks extremely promising. "Copperhead" and "Fuse" don't look bad to me, but I like my space opera weird and gooey when possible. Have you tried "Roche Lobe"?
    I know.. that's pretty crazy problem to have for Image. I think it pushed the envelope for creators and that's why we're getting such great work from them right now.

By Roche Lobe, do you mean Roche Limit? I haven't tried it. Wasn't a fan of the art and it got mixed reviews from posters here and around the interwebs. I believe it's a limited series... 3 arcs, 5 issues each.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I know.. that's pretty crazy problem to have for Image. I think it pushed the envelope for creators and that's why we're getting such great work from them right now.

By Roche Lobe, do you mean Roche Limit? I haven't tried it. Wasn't a fan of the art and it got mixed reviews from posters here and around the interwebs. I believe it's a limited series... 3 arcs, 5 issues each.
    Oops, my bad (a Roche Lobe is a real term, but not the title). I had heard mixed things too, but the concept seemed interesting.

And you are very right about pushing the envelope for creators. The thing that amazes me is how often the titles I can't stand still have art that makes me drool. I don't care for Rick Remender's writing for example, but man, Wes Craig...

It is a little overwhelming to see so many new titles coming out and try to figure which ones to try (it's why I don't mind that Ellis is doing so many minis, it makes it easier for me to keep up).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    I am curious about Drifter. Image is in an interesting place where they keep adding new sci-fi which is right up my alley, but not all of the titles look good. At the moments we have a bunch of new space opera:

Roche Lobe
    Copperhead
    Drifter
    The Fuse

But I wonder which of these, if any, are worth getting. I have heard nothing great about Copperhead, the Fuse looks more like a police procedural, but Roch Lobe and Drifter might be good. Opinions?

I think The Fuse is fantastic! I dropped Copperhead after issue 2 and Roche Limit after issue 1...they did nothing for me.

Drifter looks ok...I'll give it a shot, but I'm not really looking to add another Image book right now, so it will really have to impress for me to keep getting it.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Really looking forward to IXth Generation! Will also be getting Nailbiter and Death Vigil.

Might check out Ody-C and Bitch Planet too.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    I read an article where Ellis said that he could see Trees going beyond the initial 8 issues that was first planned and the story really does seem to be coming to a fitting enough conclusion for it to end in 2 more issues. However, no January issue does pose questions about the continuity of the series, personally I would be more than happy if it surpassed 8 issues.
    I remember reading the same article, nothing new has been suggested since then AFAIK...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No clue. There hasn't been a trade solicited yet, so maybe that's still up in the air.
    Yeah thats what I figure too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I definitely have no problem with skip months. I'm happy to see more books implementing them over fill in issues.
    Exactly. Plus they help deal with budgeting quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    LOL!

I hope you're not also picking up all the weekly event titles and crossovers from the Big 2 as well. You'd be broke!

I only buy Image stuff mostly. I do have 1 Oni title (The Bunker, which is awesome) and one BOOM! title (The Woods).

Big 2? Psh...lol
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Image is having so many good books is an interesting/good/bad problem to have. Over the last year, I've been adding more and more titles to my pull list and while it's fine for now, It's getting a little spendy as I do buy from Marvel (the Spider books and anything regarding to Asgard, Daredevil, and Moon Knight). Plus I get a few books from IDW and Dark Horse. Plus I know I'll be adding to my Image list as I know there are new announced titles that haven't been dated yet coming out early next year (Restoration, Descender, Tokyo Ghost, Invisible Republic, Southern Cross, Injection, Cereluean). Commenting on skip months, it's just fine for me. Yes it sucks for my really favorite books, but with so many I'm getting, it's nice to have that one or two month hiatus that most are going on.

Getting for January...

Birthright #4
    Copperhead #5
    Drifter #3
    Dying and the Dead #1
    East of West #17
    ODYC #3 (waiting to see how this goes)
    Rasputin #4
    Rise of the Magi #7 (The solicit contradicts itself by saying it's a season finale and a series finale. Guess we'll see.)
    Roche Limit #5
    Rumble #2 (Maybe)
    Savage Dragon #202
    Spawn #250
    Tooth and Claw #3 (Cannot wait! Especially for those Alex Ross covers!)
    Wytches #4

On break/hiatus....

Black Science
    Lazarus
    Low
    Outcast
    Trees (waiting like everyone else to see if this is done or continuing)
    Umbral
    Wayward
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 10-22-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm just so thrilled about the return of Casanova. Nothing else compares; nothing else even comes close, really.

For me...

Casanova
    ODYC
    Dying and the Dead (Trial Period)
    East of West
    Drifter (Trial Period)
    Prophet: Earth War
    Supreme Blue Rose

Picking up a lot of other stuff in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Picking up a lot of other stuff in trade.
    Out of curiosity, what? Image is just reprinting older trades in January, it looks like. Or are you just catching up on older stuff?
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I'm just so thrilled about the return of Casanova. Nothing else compares; nothing else even comes close, really.
    Truth!

Nice selection of books, too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Out of curiosity, what? Image is just reprinting older trades in January, it looks like. Or are you just catching up on older stuff?
    Not to say that I'll be picking up many trades that month; only that I'll pick up a number of the monthlies from that month in their eventual trade (as always, depending on overall sentiment/reviews). Alex + Ada was enjoyable but too thin on a monthly basis to be a justifiable pick up. Birthright was more competent than it was compelling, but if reviews are strong I'll pick up the first trade. Ditto Southern Bastards & Copperhead. Intersect looks interesting, but while I've loved Fawke's One Soul, I haven't loved his work for hire stuff so it's harder to say how I'll feel about that book. Zero has been wildly erratic in quality for me, so I'm sort of on the fence with that one, but will probably continue in some form.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Truth!

Nice selection of books, too.
    Thanks! 10char

My likely reading list:

1. Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain Vol 1 tpb
    2. Tech Jacket Vol 3 tpb
    3. Alex + Ada #12
    4. Birthright #4
    5. Copperhead #5
    6. Ghosted #16
    7. Li'l Depressed Boy: Supposed to be There Too #4
    8. Manifest Destiny #13
    9. Nailbiter #9
    10. Rat Queens #11
    11. Revival #27
    12. Southern Bastards #7
    13. Spread #7
    14. Tech Jacket #7
    15. A Voice in the Dark: Get Your Gun #5
    16. The Walking Dead #136
    17. Wytches #4
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I'll likely try Spawn #250 to see if it's any good. Last time I was tempted to try Spawn again was back with #200. I stayed with a few issues after that but then dropped it again.