Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Not only do I not agree with her, it sure sounds like she's got a Marvel bias...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/The-superhero-bubble-is-destined-to-burst-Warner-Brothers-making-a-mistake/

She's got a lot of glowing things to say about Marvel, but goes out of her way to condemn WB's DC movie slate. The implication being that if superhero movies become less popular? Then it's all WB's fault.

Right, because of course all the other studios like Sony and Fox aren't part of the glut of superhero movies, too. Gimme a break.
    She's essentially right about one thing. The great asset of Marvels movies like “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Iron Man” and “Captain America” is their sense of humor. Warner’s superheroes lean much more somber.

Who, ten years ago, would have thought that a Superman movie would turn out more somber and unpleasant than a film about Black Widow, Iron Man, and the Hulk? Marvel's showing aces where DC's showing deuces. Absolutely none of the planned current projects from either WB or DC really excite me. If we're just getting yet another Frank Miller retread in Batman vs. Superman, another version of the story that ruined Batman as a character, I doubt I will be persuaded to go see that. And if the DC cinema universe is so consistently bleak and humorless, it's dead to me.

Superman, Wonder Woman, and even Batman deserve better than this. I love the characters. Theoretically, I'd watch movies with them. But not if they're all in the same vein as Man of Steel -- face it, Superman: Quest for Peace was better than that. Not if Batman wins again. Not if Wonder Woman is tainted by the blood of Zeus. Not if Superman ends up an exile after being beaten up by Batman. I have zero interest in any of that kind of twaddle. And it's just not the kind of story those characters were made to tell.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    The great asset of Marvels movies like “Guardians of the Galaxy,” is their sense of humor.

Riiiight.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think I killed a few brain cells watching that. It's not funny it's just silly. Thank God I didn't bother to see the film. I'll take Snyder's MOS and Nolan's Batman and the CW Flash and Arrow shows over that rubbish any day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Riiiight.
    If THIS is what Marvel understands as "humor," i prefer my "humorless" DC movies, thank you!
    Last edited by Andrew Eldritch; 10-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.