Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

That's too funny. Come on Gillen, make it happen.

The weird thing is that chances are none of the above suggestions would stand out as being particularly weird by Eurovision standards.

I wonder would Dazzler make an appearance? A singing disco mutant on roller skates making her own light show would fit right in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post

The weird thing is that chances are none of the above suggestions would stand out as being particularly weird by Eurovision standards.

I wonder would Dazzler make an appearance? A singing disco mutant on roller skates making her own light show would fit right in too.

The sad part is you are right; Doom would seem relatively tame by eurovision standards o.o

and Dazzler would sadly not qualify due to being in the USA. Though she's probably too tame as well! That show is crazy!

and here's hoping Gillen writes that story one day

That's not sad, that's wonderful!

Maybe some of the marvel uk members would enter. Or spitfire! I always loved her and thought she could do more.

Seriously though if Kieron wrote that story and the FF ruined eurovision, I would always list them as a team of super villians

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I think a singer can be of any nationality if they can get a European nation to sponsor them. (Like Celine Dion and Switzerland). I'll not give up on my Dazzler dream easily. Spitfire would be the bomb too.

Agree that disrupting Eurovision would automatically make you irredeemable. Damn you FF!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    side note- does Latveria participate in the Olympics? uh oh... The price for losing is probably.. steep..
    This is interesting, because my first thought about this thread was also on the Olympics, but my initial thought was on Latveria being the host. I recently read a book on Hitler and the summer Olympics, and I thought about Doom at the time. They seem like they are well positioned to host the winter olympics.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Kieron Gillen tweeted last night that he was wondering how Latveria would fare in the Eurovision Song Contest. I asked him politely but passionately to write it into canon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    OMG! Hysterical. I'm enjoying Robinson's run, but I'd definitely buy a Gillen mini-series with this premise.

Actually, now that I think about it, Robinson has some stuff set up where he could do this, with Johnny and his music manager, as well as Radience. Could THIS be Doom's Original Sin? O_O

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShazamHusker View Post
    This is interesting, because my first thought about this thread was also on the Olympics, but my initial thought was on Latveria being the host. I recently read a book on Hitler and the summer Olympics, and I thought about Doom at the time. They seem like they are well positioned to host the winter olympics.
    They did field a team one year but Boris pulled a hamstring and couldn't compete in the downhill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They did field a team one year but Boris pulled a hamstring and couldn't compete in the downhill.
    LOL! Boris is ancient! Get Kristoff out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    OMG! Hysterical. I'm enjoying Robinson's run, but I'd definitely buy a Gillen mini-series with this premise.

Actually, now that I think about it, Robinson has some stuff set up where he could do this, with Johnny and his music manager, as well as Radience. Could THIS be Doom's Original Sin? O_O
    That would be hilarious if this was to be Doom's Original Sin. Doom would destroy anyone who would dare pirate his music.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    That would be hilarious if this was to be Doom's Original Sin. Doom would destroy anyone who would dare pirate his music.
    Someone should ask Robinson on twitter.

OMG. I can't imagine the virus you'd get from pirating Doom's music.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    LOL! Make that so Marvel. Gillen on F4, I'd definitely read even if he doesn't go with the Eurovision idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post

Very true. Bless those Eurovision judges they sure are open-minded.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Someone should ask Robinson on twitter.

OMG. I can't imagine the virus you'd get from pirating Doom's music.
    LOLOLOL...a Doom virus would not only take over your machine, but your mind.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I'm guessing sokovia definitely wouldn't compete in Eurovision especially at the present time in the cinematic universe