Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I liked this issue. It did its job: it made me wanna read more.
    Not me unfortunately.

I did like the art, but the initial story line didn't capture my interest. I'd like to see more of Crystal's work though and props to DC for getting more experimental with their art style. The most recent crop of new titles have some great art.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    A green light shooting through it (the same green light that they show in Arkham Manor as the light from the explosion) and the word BOOM under it? to me, we saw Arkham Blow up on the last page of #29.
    Not really worth going on about, as once again...I enjoyed the issue.

But, for the record...

Look again at the last page. We do not see any damage to the building. Only the light, and the BOOM.

Maybe Darkseid's army just boomtubed in. Maybe the JLA did.

Obviously I didn't think either of these things to be possible, but I didn't realize the Asylum was going to be completely destroyed and would have rather read about it in the story it happens within.

Still a fun issue, like I said. I just would have rather they waited to release it until the events discussed have actually taken place.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

I liked this first issue
    But than I usually like the first issue of new series
    it is the next few issues that usually hold me for the duration or not.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I liked this issue. It did its job: it made me wanna read more.
    And the next few issue of Eternal! Damn, this has me hyped!!!! It's kinda spoilery, but not. Enough to demand more from me.

I know we're focusing on Hush right now (besides Riddler's clear "there are greater forces" clue), but Hugo Strange has done this before... Reducing Bruce to nothing, taking his fortune. It doesn't matter as we're WAY too early fort he real threat.

Interesting that in the same week in Eternal we get ONE image of Bane in his Arkham cell, observing. HIs first appearance in Eternal.

LOVED him taking only the painting of his parents. Very B:TAS.

P.S. Yes, I know I'm late to the party. I have to wait to Saturday for comic book day.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

That was a excellent start, I'm looking forward to how this story plays out.Batman in Arkham undercover I'm all in.

the art was really inetresting, and it fit the mood of the story. We batfans are lucky to have so many great batbooks: batman and robin, batman eternal, detective comics, arkham manor, Grayson... those are great times to be a batfan.

the art was really inetresting, and it fit the mood of the story. We batfans are lucky to have so many great batbooks: batman and robin, batman eternal, detective comics, arkham manor, Grayson... those are great times to be a batfan.
    Indeed.

Batgirl and Catwoman too.

Did anybody else's Arkham Manor issue have pages missing and duplicated pages near the end? Seems like a problem with the printing or something.