Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Marvel Summer 2015 Events

So what looks like a tribute to Marvel's 75th year anniversary we are revisiting old events in the summer of 2015. As of right now we have House Of M; Armor Wars, Infinity Gauntlet, Years of Futures Past, Planet Hulk, Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies, and Civil War. All some how leading into Secret War. How do you think this will work? Will they be one shot issues leading into the Secret War series or perhaps all mini seres themselves? Which event are you most excited to revisit?

Last edited by comicstar100; 10-21-2014 at 09:36 PM.

I have a feeling they are going to try a "Multiversity" style crossover, and it's going. to. tank. BADLY. I predict it will be written by Bendis and Soule.

My suggestion for the structure of the Summer 2015 event is that it a cascade of Alternate reality Earths encountering each other in battle. And that's what Secret Wars 111 will be like. I think whoever the mastermind villain of this Event is, he started the Incursions to get them all lined up to encounter Earth-616 one after the other. And it will be Hickman who writes this if it is what I think.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I think they will all be variant covers for Secret Wars

Secret Wars. All the dimensions are colliding.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

There is an Old Man Logan teaser too. It must all be connected to Hickmans Secret Wars. Hopefully some of them are tie in mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My suggestion for the structure of the Summer 2015 event is that it a cascade of Alternate reality Earths encountering each other in battle. And that's what Secret Wars 111 will be like. I think whoever the mastermind villain of this Event is, he started the Incursions to get them all lined up to encounter Earth-616 one after the other. And it will be Hickman who writes this if it is what I think.
    Exactly this. And I'm guessing it's the Beyonder who's behind it.

No doubt that it is the Beyonder and I think everyone who thinks that the secret wars is going to be the 616 vs previous events is correct.

BANNED

It's all for Secret Wars dude. Gives Marvel the chance to visit timelines where certain events are still happening. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    It's all for Secret Wars dude. Gives Marvel the chance to visit timelines where certain events are still happening. Can't wait!
    I have to give it to Hickman that he comes up with such a violent and spectacular conclusion to his Avengers arc. I just wonder where that could leave the MU after Secret Wars 111? You have all these encounters with different stages of Earth. Are they Incursions, or just reality jumps? If they are Incursions, they are really dreadful encounters between the heroes of the Marvel Universe with other versions of themselves. It would have to be one of the most tragic Secret Wars knowing one Earth has to explode at the end of the issue.

There may be a message there, just like Otto inhabiting Peter Parkers body. That no matter what approximation you have for the MU, whether CW, HoM, or Age of Ultron, only the one true MU is the best?
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-23-2014 at 11:40 PM.

BANNED

As others have said its some sort of multiversity thing and when the dust settles we'll be in rebootlandia where bits and pieces from all these alt Earths are melded together into a new MU. It'll be similar to New 52 in that the properties that have been working just fine will stay pretty much the same (like Batman and Green Lantern did) and others will get revamped.