View Poll Results: Who Has the Best Artist Roster Currently?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARVEL COMICS

13 86.67%
  • DC COMICS

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC vs Marvel - Who has the Best Current Artist Roster?

Currently as of January 2015 which of the Big 2 has the Best Roster of Artist?

MARVEL COMICS
    esad ribic - jerome opena - olivier coipel - mike deodato jr - marco checchetto - gabriele dell otto - stuart immonen - alex ross - dustin weaver - jim cheung - steve micniven - daniel acuna - john cassaday - sara pichelli - david marquez - valerio schiti - ryan stegman - frank cho - mike choi - simone bianchi - ron garney - rags morales - humberto ramos - stefano caselli - adam kubert - chris bachalo - carlos pacheco - nic klein - marco rudy - salvador larroca - adi granov - mark brooks - nick bradshaw - kev walker - dale keown - tradd moore - Francesco Mattina - William Sliney - mike perkins - giuseppe camuncoli - stephanie hans - phlil jimenz - luke ross - mike del mundo - russell dauterman - paco mendina - yildiray cinar - walter simonson - gerardo sandoval - leonard kirk - chris sammee - david aja - steve pugh - declan shalvey - kris anka - mark bagley - phil noto - mile allred - lee garbett - david lopez - the dodsons - victor ibanez - alexander lozano - rock he kim - todd nauck - Mahmud Asrar - Leinil Francis Yu - carmine di giandomenico - steve dillion - alan davis - david yardin - greg land - joe mad - jason pearson (?) - Mukesh Singh - javier pulido - kevin wada -

DC COMICS
    J h williams the 3rd - ivan reis - joe prado - jason fabok - greg capullo - jim lee - patrick gleason - david finch - cliff chiang - john romita jr - neil edwards - billy tan - paul pelletier - ethan van sciver - ken lashley - kenneth rocafort - rafa sandoval - guillem march - juan ferreyra - philip tan - lan medina - tony daniel - paulo siqueria - trevor mccarthy - gary frank (?) - howard porter - dale eaglesham - ryan sook - lee bermejo - darwyn cooke - aaron kuder - doug mahnke - juan jose ryp - emanuela lupacchino - ardian syaf - jae lee - cameron stewart - mikel janin - francis manapul - chad hardin - r b silvia - bernard chang - brad walker - jesus saiz - dexter soy - stjephen sejic (periodically) - carlo pagulayan (?) - eddy barrows - alex garner - ammanda connor - yanick paquette - adam hughes (?) -

if im forgetting anyone let me know ill add em to the list under the appropriate company
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-24-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Marvel by an inch
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

It's real close by the virtue of Marvel having Greg Land who by his presence weakens the product considerably, but I think I'd still have to go with Marvel.

BANNED

DC. Even DC's worst are better than Marvel's worst.

If I liked art more, I'd be a DC reader over Marvel.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I don't feel I could give a fair opinion because outside of Jim Lee, Capullo, JHW3, Chiang and Romita Jr. I'm really not familiar with the DC artist's.

I look at Marvel though and the level of talent is amazing. Del Mundo, Skottie Young, Schiti, Ribic, Immonen, Opena, Hans, Walker -Just awesome. It's a shame they couldn't keep a hold of Shalvey and Tradd Moore though.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Marvel. They have some truly amazing artists such as Chris Bachalo and Olivier Coipel.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I think when DC was rolling out the new 52 they tried to establish a kind of house style. That didn't work and slowly but surely they have been becoming more diverse.

BANNED

I like DC's more realistic style of art that's in most of their titles. I've gotten to where I actually like and respect what DC has done over the years, but I still
    prefer the Marvel characters no matter how they are drawn.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I am biased because I read more Marvel and the art is great. DC has a lot of amazing artists as well. Many of these artists have worked for and will continue to work for both or independently so I'm grateful for the medium's talent regardless. Marvel wins my vote but it's so close.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Not much of a DC reader either but for me, Mikel Janin is one of the best artists at the Big Two. Yanick is also excellent. From Marvel I'd say Chechetto (who is criminally underused), Walker, Ribic and Dauterman are the four worth my time and occasional dime. I wish Checchetto would wind up on Moon Knight or Bucky Barnes if either of them have series beyond this Secret Wars / Battleworld nonsense.

So I suppose because of my fondness for those artists, I'd say Marvel, despite the mostly unappealing storytelling / characterization right now.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 01-25-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It's hard to really say. I could say that Marvel probably has the most unique group of artists working with them (though they do have some blandish artists I've ever seen working for them), but they don't have good enough writers to make use of the art.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 01-25-2015 at 10:14 AM.

All-New Member

Marvel. My picks: Phil Noto, Phil Jimenez, The guy who draws latest Elektra comic.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel. DC always looks the same. Dark.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Marvel. DC always looks the same. Dark.
    Yeah. Gotham Academy, Justice League, Batman, Harley Quinn, Action Comics, Gotham By Midnight, Teen Titans, and Green Lantern Corps all look the same!

Marvel over DC...I do envy them Sandoval and Frank though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."