Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1694

03-18-2014, 12:43 AM Cthulhudrew

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic
    "I'm sorry but it was for her own good. Now, step back before you do something you'll regret. This has nothing to do with me. I'm hoping to save her some...trouble.[/CENTER]
    "I'm thinking that's the kind of help no one needs." He cracked his knuckles as he sized up the bruiser in front of him. From what he'd seen, this Luther was strong, fast. Which might just make it a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic
    "Uh...Maybe I hit her too hard?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan
    A strange, faint smell of fine cuban cigars lingered in the air above them. And that's exactly where they'd find her. The Princess was clinging to the walls, apparently primed for some tactical espionage action.
    Jason followed Luther's gaze with his peripheral vision, his eagle eyes easily spotting the Princess up in the corner of the room. "The Hell...? Some kinda Exorcist thing going on here?"

In his mind, the voice of the Black Crow noted: "We can detect no presence of possession here, Spirit. At least none of any worlds with which we are familiar."

"Good to know..." Jason muttered.

03-18-2014, 12:56 AM Cthulhudrew

After their narrow escape from the torrential flooding, Jason paused to take stock of their new situation. Three more of their members, gone in seconds. Things were getting crazier by the second.

Speaking of which- his keen senses alerted him to the Princess' stealth attack on the HYDRA and AIM goons moments before she struck. He briefly considered disarming her, rescuing Bob.

Instead, he turned away. Their parent organizations had done no small amount of damage back on Earth, and he felt no particular inclination to assist their predicament.

He turned his attention to the room in front of him. One more Little Sister to save, he thought. Fine then. Time to get proactive. He stepped away from the group a short distance. Let his senses reach out. Smelling the musty air. Studying the ground, the shadows with eagle eyed vision. Listening for a sound, anything that might lead them to their quarry.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 01-25-2015 at 12:58 PM.

03-18-2014, 09:46 AM Jeremi

"Oh man...Hank's dead. Though to be fair, pretty awesome death right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    Drenched almost from head to toe, Fabian puts Hank's body on the ground at her feet. "Couldn't just leave him there. Wasn't easy keeping him through that water. The others..." Seeing the Little Sister, his attention turns to her. He shouts, "The map will have to wait. Archer! Use the tool!"
    The shouting and Archer fumbling with the device meant that the scared and confused Little Sister managed to scamper off. "Dammit! Follow that girl."

Quote Originally Posted by American Spirit
    He turned his attention to the room in front of him. One more Little Sister to save, he thought. Fine then. Time to get proactive. He stepped away from the group a short distance. Let his senses reach out. Smelling the musty air. Studying the ground, the shadows with eagle eyed vision. Listening for a sound, anything that might lead them to their quarry.
    With the help of American Spirit they would find her after some back tracking hiding in the makeshift treehouse of all places. Archer climbed up and used the device on her.

As both got down from the tree she's say her farewells and climb into the nearest vent before disappearing. Being back in the area they started in they'd see that the black vines were gone and that the bathysphere station was once again accessible.

"Well done, should take care of that area. Head towards the station, perhaps next area will be more hospitable? Doubtful, but one can hope."

03-18-2014, 09:00 PM The Purple Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Along
    "Well done, should take care of that area. Head towards the station, perhaps next area will be more hospitable? Doubtful, but one can hope."[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    "Well let's see...we've dealt with Splicers, a crazed piranha plant, Hulk Venture....maybe the next area will be better? What do you think, Bob?"

"Kinda having my own problems right now, Karl."

"Are you kidding me?! Peach is still holding you in that position???"

"Dude, she won't let go of me. Then again, how many women can really let go of the Bobinator?"

"Every single woman alive. Look, you deal with your own problems. While we're heading to the next area, maybe we should discuss what may have caused Hank to turn into that beast. Our numbers are dwindling and there's clearly still someone trying to sabotage us."

03-19-2014, 08:09 AM Deadpooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Karl View Post
    "Now Princess, you may not remember me at the moment, but I'm your friend. Aren't I, Karl?" "This is so stupid..."

"Karl...can you just...okay?" SIGH "Fine. No Princess, don't hurt Bob. Please. Good Lord. Think of the children. And give me back my cigarettes already!"

"You heard Karl's (half-hearted) plea. Yes, I am a terrorist (sort of)....but I have a heart of gold, gosh darn it. C'mon, don't hurt me. Have I mentioned how that shiner looks way cuter on you than the one the Wasp had?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Karl
    "Are you kidding me?! Peach is still holding you in that position???" "Dude, she won't let go of me. Then again, how many women can really let go of the Bobinator?"

"Every single woman alive. Look, you deal with your own problems. While we're heading to the next area, maybe we should discuss what may have caused Hank to turn into that beast. Our numbers are dwindling and there's clearly still someone trying to sabotage us."
    After a moment of careful, tactical espionage consideration, Solid Peach let the HYDRA agent go.

"Call me 'cute' again, and we'll have a problem," she shoved him back to freedom, "Surprised you didn't soil your pants when I grabbed ya."

Addressing Karl's legitimate concerns, Peach continued. "The guy is good... setting us up like dominoes. Real lucky to get three though... too lucky to be planned."

03-19-2014, 08:19 AM Superheroic

Quote Originally Posted by American Spirit
    "I'm thinking that's the kind of help no one needs." He cracked his knuckles as he sized up the bruiser in front of him. From what he'd seen, this Luther was strong, fast. Which might just make it a fair fight.
    Luther rose to his full height, easily head and shoulders taller that American Spirit. In his mind he could see every move American Spirit could make, a thousand moves boiled down into a split second. A thousand ways to counter them.

"Don't do it."

Luckily (for some of the player's at least) all hell broke loose. Afterwards, any animosity was set aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    "Well done, should take care of that area. Head towards the station, perhaps next area will be more hospitable? Doubtful, but one can hope."
    As Peach let Bob go, Luther was satisfied that she was no longer channeling the Hercules method. he motioned to the others.
    "All right then. Let's go."

03-19-2014, 09:26 AM NovaPrimeX

"Aye aye!" She saluted. "Maybe we can find some Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes too?" She was hopeful, having already finished the entire jar she had been given.

"I'm ready!" She leaped up into the air happily for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

03-19-2014, 05:08 PM Jeremi

A consensus seemed to have been reached and so the group would once again enter the station and the bathysphere. Once everyone was on one of the pulled the lever and their journey would continue unto a new area.

As the bathysphere stopped and they looked around they would find themselves inside the Rapture metro.

On the wall they would find a map of the area.

The area was called Apollo Square. It had been an hub that had connected transportation routes to large residential areas for the city's working class citizens. Much like the rest of the city however the place had fallen in decay. The metro also had a strange coldness to it, while not unbarring was peculiar considering the rest of the place. Then another grabbed their attention. Next to the elevator that would lead them out of the area was a corpse badly decayed wearing a long tattered blue dress clutching an audio diary. Suddenly the group would hear something behind them and see the bathysphere leave the area leaving the group with no means of exiting the area. Then the radio came to life with static, which only meant one thing.

"I-I-I-Insects. You persist (persist). Your defiance to survive fills me with d-d-d-d-displeasure. Yet perhaps (perhaps) I can use that to my advantage. A-A-A-A-An upstart has taken up residents. Kill (kill) the pest and your reward will be a meeting with me. If you decline you will be trapped there forever like the insignificant insects I know you are. It has taken up residence in Hestia Chambers. I trust (trust) you know what to do

And with that SHODAN fell silent once again.

03-19-2014, 08:55 PM The Purple Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Peach
    After a moment of careful, tactical espionage consideration, Solid Peach let the HYDRA agent go.

"Call me 'cute' again, and we'll have a problem," she shoved him back to freedom,
    "Yeah....she wants me."

"Surprised you didn't soil your pants when I grabbed ya."
    "Uhhh...."

"Not now, Karl!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Along Some More
    The area was called Apollo Square. It had been an hub that had connected transportation routes to large residential areas for the city's working class citizens. Much like the rest of the city however the place had fallen in decay. The metro also had a strange coldness to it, while not unbarring was peculiar considering the rest of the place. Then another grabbed their attention. Next to the elevator that would lead them out of the area was a corpse badly decayed wearing a long tattered blue dress clutching an audio diary. Suddenly the group would hear something behind them and see the bathysphere leave the area leaving the group with no means of exiting the area. Then the radio came to life with static, which only meant one thing.
    "Poor girl. Hopefully she didn't suffer."

"Oooh an audio thingy! Dibs on pressing play!"

Bob quickly presses play and celebrates his minor victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Along Some More
    "I-I-I-Insects. You persist (persist). Your defiance to survive fills me with d-d-d-d-displeasure. Yet perhaps (perhaps) I can use that to my advantage. A-A-A-A-An upstart has taken up residents. Kill (kill) the pest and your reward will be a meeting with me. If you decline you will be trapped there forever like the insignificant insects I know you are. It has taken up residence in Hestia Chambers. I trust (trust) you know what to do

And with that SHODAN fell silent once again.
    "A pest, huh? Anybody here brought Raid?"

03-19-2014, 09:03 PM Deadpooligan

Quote Originally Posted by The Corpse
    The area was called Apollo Square. It had been an hub that had connected transportation routes to large residential areas for the city's working class citizens. Much like the rest of the city however the place had fallen in decay. The metro also had a strange coldness to it, while not unbarring was peculiar considering the rest of the place. Then another grabbed their attention. Next to the elevator that would lead them out of the area was a corpse badly decayed wearing a long tattered blue dress clutching an audio diary.
    Solid Peach was actually the first to reach the corpse... but something screamed at the back of her mind, causing her to hesitate. Her bandanna billowed dramatically despite there being no wind in Rapture. In fact, her focus on this body was so intense, it was almost as if she didn't hear SHODAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl
    "Poor girl. Hopefully she didn't suffer."
    "Hmmm. Wonder how long she's been here... you'd think with how cold this room is, she'd be better preserved..."

03-19-2014, 10:09 PM The Purple Skull

"Hmmm. Wonder how long she's been here... you'd think with how cold this room is, she'd be better preserved..."
    "Great. Just what we need. Another Dr. Myklos"

03-20-2014, 09:05 AM Superheroic

Quote Originally Posted by SHODAN
    Luther examined the map again, looking for Hestia Chambers.
    "Fine."

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting really sick of this place. I'm going to Hestia Chambers to see this 'resident'. If Shodan wants it dead, maybe we can use it ourselves. If not? Well, we'd probably just have to kill it at some point anyway."

03-20-2014, 10:22 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    "Oooh an audio thingy! Dibs on pressing play!"

Bob quickly presses play and celebrates his minor victory.[/SIZE]
    This one was titled 'Parting Gift'.

*click*

(Inaudible shouting in the background)

“I told them to leave me, seems like they don’t want to so I took it into my own hands. I sealed myself in with those creatures. Oh everyone…when Rhonda died…the ice…we had that little spat, but that was all it was. She…was like the aunt I never knew.

You never blamed me but I know our trust was broken after that. This place changes you. Makes even the strongest and bravest of us falter. We’ve had so many lose their way in here, but we helped each other to push forwards the exit.

I will not be one them…so this is my gift to you.

The chance…of freedom.

Goodbye. ”

*click*

OOC: Update to come later tonight!

03-20-2014, 11:02 AM Chris Lang

Quote Originally Posted by corpse
    Next to the elevator that would lead them out of the area was a corpse badly decayed wearing a long tattered blue dress clutching an audio diary.
    Olympia Myklos approached the body, but was surprised that Princess Peach was the first to reach the corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach
    Solid Peach was actually the first to reach the corpse... but something screamed at the back of her mind, causing her to hesitate. Her bandanna billowed dramatically despite there being no wind in Rapture. In fact, her focus on this body was so intense, it was almost as if she didn't hear SHODAN.

"It looks like she has been dead for months. While it is indeed cold here, I don't think it's cold enough to preserve a body. To use cold to preserve a body, one needs a great deal of ice. Freezers have been used to preserve bodies in many cases."

"Of course, some of the bodies we've found here are fairly recent. If I were to take them back to the Preservation Lab in the museum basement, I might be able to preserve the bodies in vats of alcohol."

Olympia smiled. "We do have the most fascinating creatures preserved there. We have snakes, lemmings, warthogs, a unicorn, what may be the Loch Ness Monster, and even King Edward of Daventry. All are there just waiting for the right time to be studied and perhaps put on display."

"Maybe if we can make a deal with this SHODAN, or Mordin Solus, or whoever is running this place, I can obtain a few more specimens to add to the collection. It'd be a shame to let all the bodies we've found so far go to waste. If they're in good enough condition, they would fit right in."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob and Karl
    "Great. Just what we need. Another Dr. Myklos"
    "Hmmm..." Olympia replied. "Either she's started to emulate me, or the personality she'd taken on already was already inclined to be interested in the state of dead things. I must say I admire her choice in role models, ha ha!"

OOC: Yes, the preservation lab under the Leyendecker Museum really does have King Edward of Daventry among the strange things preserved there. I don't think there's any official explanation for how the body of King Edward found its way out of the King's Quest universe and into the Laura Bow games, aside from maybe things like "You don't want to know." Just chalk it up to the game designers' strange sense of humor.

03-20-2014, 05:16 PM Jeremi

Kill update

Archer had pressed n the button for the elevator to come as the rest of the group was talking. Suddenly and evidently out of nowhere Dr. Olympia Myklos would be engulfed by a fireball. There was nothing to be done other to put out the flames. Bob using the Chemical Thrower would blast her with some of the liquid nitrogen. The flames would dissipate leaving only the charred remains of the good doctor laying on the ground.

*DING*

"…Elevator’s here."

Cast list:
    Sherlock Holmes
    Bob and Karl
    Finn & Jake
    Joshua Graham
    Princess Peach
    Nora Valkyrie
    Luther Strode
    American Spirit
    Kyo Kusanagi

Dead
    Ladd Russo
    Statler and Waldorf
    Ceasar
    Pinkie Pie
    Simon Mckay
    Dr. Temperance Brennan
    Tomi Shishido aka Gorgon
    Claire Stanfield
    Hank Venture
    Dr. Olympia Myklos

Struck out
    Deathstroke
    Fiona Goode

Danger of becoming inactive

Froggy as Finn & Jake

03-20-2014, 06:44 PM The Purple Skull

03-20-2014, 06:44 PM The Purple Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Update!
    Archer had pressed n the button for the elevator to come as the rest of the group was talking. Suddenly and evidently out of nowhere Dr. Olympia Myklos would be engulfed by a fireball. There was nothing to be done other to put out the flames. Bob using the Chemical Thrower would blast her with some of the liquid nitrogen. The flames would dissipate leaving only the charred remains of the good doctor laying on the ground.

"Man, we lost another one. This game has been really rough for anybody who's a doctor."

"Yeah, good thing I never continued trying to get my doctorate."

"Bro, didn't you get kicked out of the program?"

".....SHUT UP, BOB!"

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenly!
    *DING*

"…Elevator’s here."
    "Oh, NOW the elevator's arrived."

03-20-2014, 09:26 PM Anodyne

Awakened by the sound of new arrivals, Tempie Brennan peeked cautiously out from behind the old men's theater seats. They all seemed familiar somehow; were they more people from her dream, come to life?! One of the newcomers was really scary, like a monster from a nightmare. He was wearing a blindfold, but she felt as if he could still see her, no matter how well she hid. There was a big green man with torn clothes, who seemed to turn into a boy right before her eyes. And there was a woman who reminded Tempie of someone she'd once known--someone who'd liked to cut up dead things. Omigosh! Had she come to cut up the pink pony?