Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1694

04-09-2014, 09:58 PM The Purple Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Myklos
    Olympia wondered if the others could see Dr. Carter or Yvette. Were they real or were they dream manifestations? If they were the latter, could everyone see them?
    "Well, looks like the good doctor's lost it. She's talking to herself now."

"That might not be the case, Bob. This Doctor Destiny guy could be screwing with our minds. Who knows? We might start hallucinating very soon as well."

And lo and behold...

"Oh boys....remember me?"

"M-M-M-Madame Masque?!"

"Oh man...she can have her way with me anytime.....as long as she's got that mask on."

"And what's a Traitor Game without Madame Hydra?"

"Good lord! What happened to your face?!"

"Yeah, dude. Manufacturing error or something?"

"Idiots! Can you not see the exotic beauty I possess?"

"No."
    "No."

"......"

"Wait! I have a solution."

Moments later...

"There. Much better."

"....I quit."

04-09-2014, 10:03 PM The Purple Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Destiny
    "I think you've misunderstood. This isn't about any petty vengeance or past grudges. No cosmic mind games. This is about me having my little slice of heaven dicking around and doing whatever I feel like! This pocket universe is mine and mine alone now.” Another smirk.
    "I mean...now that you know all of this I could just mindwipe you and have you run this circle forever and ever. That does sound nice doesn't it?”

"So....you're doing all this crap cause you got nothing else better do?"

"Dude, you really need to get a girlfriend."

04-10-2014, 06:35 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia
    "That does, however, seem a little pointless." Olympia said. "So, are you saying this isn't because you're trying to make some sort of point? That you really are just doing this out of boredom after all?"

"So, 'the Dream' something, or Dr. Destiny, what led you to start doing this in the first place? I'm sure your story is a fascinating one. I can only speak for myself, but I am sure I will not be at all bored to hear your reasons for setting this up."

"I'm also sure that under that hood you have the most interesting scars."
    It wasn't perhaps noticeable but Destiny did an eye roll under his mask.

"Let me make this perfectly clear so even someone like you understands. I. Own. This. Universe! This place is mine! I can do whatever I want with it! Boredom? More like what can I do next?”

Quote Originally Posted by Karl

"So....you're doing all this crap cause you got nothing else better do?"

"Dude, you really need to get a girlfriend."
    A pause has he pondered Karl's question.

"I deal in dreams and destiny. This place caters to my needs in all possible ways. I do this because I thrive in it. This pocket universe is what I've tried to achieve in all my life. I now have it and anyone trying to take it from me will be shattered into a million pieces.”

04-10-2014, 09:24 AM Superheroic

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Douchebag
    "I deal in dreams and destiny. This place caters to my needs in all possible ways. I do this because I thrive in it. This pocket universe is what I've tried to achieve in all my life. I now have it and anyone trying to take it from me will be shattered into a million pieces.”
    "Well," Luther said and looked around at the other. "I don't know about the rest of you but I think I've heard enough." He launched himself at the Doctor.

"KILL YOU."

Luther's hands locked around Doctor Destiny's throat.

04-10-2014, 10:00 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Luther
    "KILL YOU."

Luther's hands locked around Doctor Destiny's throat.[/CENTER]
    A sick grin crept up on Doctor Destiny's face before he vanished from Luther's grasp and a few paces away from him.

"When will you realize that I am king here? Heck I am this place! There's nothing you can do to harm me!”

Mordin had been uncharacteristically quiet but the latest outburst had him speak up. "Remember why I stayed here. Was in Traitor Game, following of great minds, cure outbreak of super virus. Was contacted to kill. Did so, willingly, felt that was best course. Killed everyone, including fellow traitors, end was the last one standing. Would do it again, felt that no one else should've shared the burden. Ended up here, obviously, found the logs of most of my group. Didn't kill, only got rid of Randy, obviously not the best in hindsight. Once escape was found I stayed behind. Knew I had done terrible things, felt saving the Little Sisters was my penance. Perhaps just frightened, or combination of two. Don't know how long passed in real world, but feel like should have been dead long time ago." A slight smile. "Found acceptance however, even if not real Little Sisters gave me clarity, will not have you ruin that Doctor Destiny."

04-10-2014, 06:02 PM NovaPrimeX

Her attempt didn't work. Luther's attempt didn't either. The score was 0:2, with Destiny mocking them. Then Mordin spoke. Just what the Doctor ordered...another doctor. She kept silent, eyes just roving back and forth from one person to the next. What was the end game...

She shrugged. If the guy was right and they were all just his playthings in some game...well at least she could do what she did best. Have fun. And mixed with some violence. Maybe she would get killed by the guy for annoying attempts, but she would at least go die as she lived. If he killed her anyway. Didn't know how he would react. Still...beats doing nothing!

"Maybe you are king...but I'm a Valkyrie! I don't give up just cause it's tough." And she promptly charged, expecting to be tossed aside or dodged but intent on keeping up, shifting and attacking again and again and again.

04-10-2014, 06:26 PM The Purple Skull

It wasn't perhaps noticeable but Destiny did an eye roll under his mask.

"Let me make this perfectly clear so even someone like you understands. I. Own. This. Universe! This place is mine! I can do whatever I want with it! Boredom? More like what can I do next?”
    "You don't go out much, do you?"

"Jeez...you make it sound like you're trying to run your own fan-fic or something."

Bob & Karl turn to the readers.

A pause has he pondered Karl's question.

"You know, we can help you meet new people if you want."

"Yeah. Have you considered signing up for the CBR Community Forums? That's a primo place to meet new people and make some friends."

Bob turns to the readers.

"There's always time to sneak in a quick cheap plug. Always."

04-10-2014, 06:36 PM The Purple Skull

A sick grin crept up on Doctor Destiny's face before he vanished from Luther's grasp and a few paces away from him.

"When will you realize that I am king here? Heck I am this place! There's nothing you can do to harm me!”

"Wait...if his greatest weapon is his mind...perhaps physical contact is not the answer here. I think the only way to defeat him is with a meeting of the minds."

"Well, if this is gonna be a mental battle...then perhaps this looks like a job for the Bobinator!"

"Oh jeez...we're screwed. Please...somebody...ANYBODY...step in before Bob gets us killed."

04-11-2014, 09:09 AM Deadpooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Man
    "Everyone, welcome to Purgatory. Every single one of you deserved everything that was coming for you.”
    "Oh pardon my manners.” He bowed. "I am the Drea- *ahem* Doctor Destiny, and as I told you earlier welcome to purgatory.” He'd glance up again. "Actually this isn't any normal purgatory, this place was created for a very specific person.”A chair materialized out of thin air behind Doctor Destiny who proceeded to sit down.

"It was created for punishment. Punishment for what I hear you ask? Well for the murderers in these games, of course! Traitors is what they're usually called but that's just sugar coating the fact that they murder in cold blood, be it by free will or because they are being control. But wait I here you ask Bob! Death's just a slap on the wrist in these things! Everyone's back to normal by the end. True enough, but a death has still happen.

And it needs to be paid in kind. Life and death needs a balance, just because it gets fixed at the end does not mean guilt gets washed away with a slap on the wrist. You murdered someone, that's just inexcusable.”

"So what does that mean? What does this place mean? Well scales needs to be balanced guilt, pain and suffering needs to be dealt with. That's what this place was created for. Every traitor these games have ever had have walked these hallowed halls one time or another. Their mind wiped of their traitorous ways they need to accept what they have done and move on. But what of those that don't feel guilt nor remorse for what they did? Well...the balance still needs to be achieved, and acceptance is a step closer to leaving this place."
    A smirk.

"So what does that make all of you? Filthy stinking traitors the lot of you. What does that make you in layman's terms? Past traitors in a Traitor Game that might be coming back to you paying back for the murders you left in your wake.” He laughed again and it seemed to echo all over the place.
    Princess Peach remained silent as Deathstroke and SHODAN crumbled before the group, revealing their jailer, Doctor Destiny. His speech gave rise to feelings within them all, memories of their past murderous misdeeds for which they were now being punished.

It was a crushing blow to some, like Peach, who had been traumatized and hollowed by the events, hiding the truth deeply into the darkest corners of her mind. She retreated to the rear of her 'fellow Traitors', sobbing silently and trying to pacify herself. Nora and Luther, understandably enraged by the revelations, used rage as their outlet.

[CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]A sick grin crept up on Doctor Destiny's face before he vanished from Luther's grasp and a few paces away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl & Bob
    "Wait...if his greatest weapon is his mind...perhaps physical contact is not the answer here. I think the only way to defeat him is with a meeting of the minds."

"Well, if this is gonna be a mental battle...then perhaps this looks like a job for the Bobinator!"

"Oh jeez...we're screwed. Please...somebody...ANYBODY...step in before Bob gets us killed."
    Princess Peach Toadstool stepped forward, a determined stare on her tear-streaked face. She placed a hand on both Bob and Karl's shoulder's.

"If we're to dethrone a 'king', let it be true royalty that issues the writ."

Her right leg slid slightly to the side as she thrust her index finger in Doctor Destiny's direction. Luther could see that every muscle in Peach's body was tensed. No hesitation, no fear. It was almost as if she'd trained and prepared her entire life for this one moment.

"We're not only the first to make it here, Doctor, but we're also going to be the last," her outstretched arm curled tightly towards her chest, into a fist. "All those sleepless nights, anxieties I couldn't explain-- dreams and visions I couldn't share with anyone. I finally understand them now, I remember what happened, and I'm not sure there's anything I could ever do to atone."

She seemed deliberately vague about the circumstances of her being a Traitor. It was easily inferred that the Princess had been controlled by a controlling entity that forced her actions. As Destiny said, it was all a matter of balancing the scales, regardless of state of mind, and Peach wore her guilt like armor.

"But perhaps the first step towards that would be stopping you."

She shouted now, with a voice that echoed an indomitable will.

"I challenge the DESTINY KING for the right to rule this place!"

04-11-2014, 10:02 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Nora
    "Maybe you are king...but I'm a Valkyrie! I don't give up just cause it's tough." And she promptly charged, expecting to be tossed aside or dodged but intent on keeping up, shifting and attacking again and again and again.
    He stifled a yawn as he effortlessly blocked each blow Nora delivered.

"Please continue, you might even make me angry.”

Quote Originally Posted by Karl
    "Oh jeez...we're screwed. Please...somebody...ANYBODY...step in before Bob gets us killed."[/SIZE]
    Mordin was about to step up but Princess Peach beat him to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Peach
    "I challenge the DESTINY KING for the right to rule this place!"[/CENTER]
    Destiny had continued blocking Nora's attacks up until Peach spoke up. "Oh? Sorry girl grown-ups are talking.” He'd stop her last blow by turning intangible letting the hammer blows go harmlessly through him before he turned his attention towards Peach. "You think I'd stoop so low to accept a challenge from a mere traitor? I took this place and I'm not going to let you even get a sliver of a chance to let you wrestle it from my control.”

Suddenly Peach would feel someone's arm on her shoulder, turning around she'd see that it was Mordin. "While courageous and clever, believe I have better idea if all just willing to listen."

04-11-2014, 10:30 AM NovaPrimeX

She stopped, pulling back from attacking as the blows just phased right through him, incorporeal. Just as she expected. Fruitless endeavor, attacking. She gritted her teeth, frustrated. She wanted to smash him, to break his legs, anything...just so she could stop feeling helpless. To show that she was more than a toy in some game. She sighed, looking around. Nothing else to smash, just a white empty void that seemed to stretch on and on. "Dammit." She muttered softly, smashing the ground repeatedly with her hammer as she walked off a bit. Helpless. Bored. Lonely.

"I" *Smash* "MISS" *Thud* "MY" *Kraka-boom* "FRIENDS!" *Pow* The first three hammer blows impacting the ground punctuated her exclamations, but the final one was ended not with a hammer smash, but with the blow of an Aura empowered fist hitting the ground, before a quiet sigh, a low exhale of breath. Anyone of them would have made it better. Even Weiss. "She would have approved of the color, at least." She muttered, staring around and around.

She picked up the hammer Magnhild, before hunkering down and just trying to trace lines in the white surface. Nothing else to do. "I'm all ears, Doc!" She replied to Mordin.

04-11-2014, 02:40 PM Deadpooligan

"You think I'd stoop so low to accept a challenge from a mere traitor? I took this place and I'm not going to let you even get a sliver of a chance to let you wrestle it from my control.”
    "If I'm only a mere Traitor, what were you?", she snapped quickly. "Doctor-- you being the overseer here, the master of this 'pocket universe'... how do you know it isn't your penance, made by some greater power than you? If--"

The Princess' fury settled for a moment, her eyes never leaving Doctor Destiny, as she was interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus
    Suddenly Peach would feel someone's arm on her shoulder, turning around she'd see that it was Mordin. "While courageous and clever, believe I have better idea if all just willing to listen.
    With a huff, Peach gestured for him to continue, "Any time you'd like to share, Doctor Solus."

04-11-2014, 02:58 PM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Peach
    With a huff, Peach gestured for him to continue, "Any time you'd like to share, Doctor Solus."
    "Believe Doctor Destiny told us how we can escape. Says place is part of him, yet others have escaped. Believe his reach not reach the fundamentals of this place. 'Acceptance' is a step closer to leaving this place' I believe was his exact words." He'd turn to face all of the group.

"Some here have accepted circumstance, myself included. Believe I have achieved my penance, with the Little Sisters and helping you all. Accept past deeds and come to terms. Will set you free." As Mordin said that he started to faded away.

"Nice meeting you all, hope we will not meet in similar scenarios."

Mordin faded away entirely and one after another the rest of the group would follow him until Doctor Destiny was again alone in his house of cards.

OOC: And that was pretty much it for the game. Do your acceptance posts or what have you, I have one more post left after that to sign the game off but this was pretty much it.

Hope you all had a good time and I'll be posting some Director's Cut stuff in the DT in the coming days in regards to the game.

04-11-2014, 06:42 PM The Purple Skull

04-11-2014, 06:58 PM The Purple Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin
    "Believe Doctor Destiny told us how we can escape. Says place is part of him, yet others have escaped. Believe his reach not reach the fundamentals of this place. 'Acceptance' is a step closer to leaving this place' I believe was his exact words." He'd turn to face all of the group.

"Some here have accepted circumstance, myself included. Believe I have achieved my penance, with the Little Sisters and helping you all. Accept past deeds and come to terms. Will set you free." As Mordin said that he started to faded away."

"So acceptance is the key, huh? Well, if we need to swallow our pride to get home, so be it. Bob, I think its time we honed up to what we did earlier."

"You think so? Cause I kinda had my own idea on how to get home."

"Genius, right?"

"Oh for the love of---we're not even from that Earth!"