Page 64 of 113 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Default Traitor Game Restless re-presentation: Vengeful spirits?

02-13-2014, 09:54 AM Joe Acro

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang
    "I think this place is just perfect the way it is." Olympia replied. "Not only is it a fascinating place for any archaeologist, but it has the most wonderful atmosphere. The whole place smells of death. Ahh..."

She smiled.
    "An archaeologist, huh? Looks like we more or less run in the same circles. My name's Fabian," he says to the woman, outstretching his hand. "It's because this place smells like death that I feel uncomfortable. We should all feel uncomfortable."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi
    As the group continued to mingle the ones next to the corridor leading away from the Bathysphere station would hear some incoherent mumbling coming their way. Clearly this place wasn't as abandoned as it seemed.
    Fabian, not close enough to hear the mumbling himself, certainly experiences the reactions of those who are. He unholsters his gun. "That's why we can't get comfortable."

Quote Originally Posted by vycesyn
    "I'm not so certain these two bumblers can do anything sir but I have had a hand in dealing with a strange location or two. My name is Simon. From the indication of that strange sound coming near the bathysphere, that ball like thing useful for transportation and fairly reminiscent of Verne's work, I say we are being led to go that way. Which is why I think instead we should be following the map and heading the opposite direction! Perhaps to the elevators indicated.

"Weapons are no joking matter! Just because I helped in the design production of a quantum incinerator at the age of 7 does not mean that all weapons are created equally in terms of fun or function. Sure you can design tons of things here...I have lots of ideas in mind. First though we should maybe find out where we should be headed to. Perhaps you two henchmen..I've dealt a lot of you sorts dealing with Troyan....would want to do something useful and investigate that strange sound. Be heroes for once.Think of the fame and women you can obtain then"
    "Nice to meet you, Simon. Name's Fabian. I'm used to strange locations, too" he says, then adds a smirk. "I'm sure everyone here has their use. You certainly seem to have a use for them."

He gave each of them a nod, simultaneously extending his left hand to Simon and his right to Olympia, offering them both concurrent handshakes. "Sherlock Holmes. Consulting detective. You've probably heard of me but, to be brutally honest, I'm surprised you made the connection without the deerstalker. Most don't."
    Fabian Gray kept overhearing Holmes introduce himself. Individually, the two were wrapped up in their own conversations and their own concerns, so introductions would have to wait. "I need to be wary of him," Fabian said to himself. "Could be tricky."
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 01-21-2015 at 10:04 PM.

02-13-2014, 10:11 AM Jeremi

The mumbling became louder and the sounds of iron scraping against the floor as well.

Suddenly a shadow emerged and the thing came into full view in the doorway.

Hideous and deformed it looked more like a monster then a man.

"The Goddess said that no one was supposed to be here..."

He'd slam the pipe he was clutching in his hands against the wall.

"THE GODDESS SAID THAT NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!"

With a mad scream and his pipe raised he started running towards the person closest to him.

02-13-2014, 10:14 AM Chris Lang

Quote Originally Posted by pink pony
    Trotting away from the green and yellow man Pinky looked to the lady Olympia, she had the right idea this place was great well it smelt like Apple Jacks manure pile but it just screamed you won't forget you have been here..... Then a sudden idea had her looking around with glee she still had yet to introduce herself, well they would just have to wait for it.....yes wait for it, besides no one had asked
    Dr. Myklos stared at the hyperactive pink pony. "A very interesting creature. I don't think I have encountered such a creature before. The closest would be the unicorn we have in our Preservation Vats."

Since the creature was clearly capable of human speech, Olympia decided to address the pink pony directly. "You are a most curious creature. I've never seen one like you before. Tell me, what do you live on? Did I hear that you actually like cake? I've never heard of ponies who like cake. I'd like to know more about your race."

"Unamused by the fact that I'm surrounded by jailbait and women over 30." Archer replied.
    "A little maturity is something some men look for." Olympia said. She knew as she said this that this man would probably be more attracted to the likes of Yvette Delacroix. "But tell me, do you have any interesting scars?"

Quote Originally Posted by princess
    Princess Peach cocks her head to one side in a cartoonish bemusement. "Rescue me? Why would I need--"
    The realization sets in. Her eyes widen. "N-no. NOOOOOOO!!"

She shrieks, clasping her hands in front of her chest.

"I've been kidnapped... again! Someone save meeeee!
    MAAAAAAAAAAAARIOOOOOOOOOO!"
    Olympia raised an eyebrow. "Again? Do you mean to say you've been kidnapped before?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
    Then there was the woman, though she'd already given some details. Greek. Fluent English. Paleontologist, as she'd said (BORING). Unmarried. Morbid fascination-borderline-obsession with death (possible necrophiliac?). Folded crease in clothes. Travelled. Reptile sheddings on sleeve intermingled with hair. Conclusion: pet enthusiast. Keeps a snake of some sort, along with a small rodent type as another pet or food source.

He gave each of them a nod, simultaneously extending his left hand to Simon and his right to Olympia, offering them both concurrent handshakes. "Sherlock Holmes. Consulting detective. You've probably heard of me but, to be brutally honest, I'm surprised you made the connection without the deerstalker. Most don't."
    "Sherlock Holmes?" Olympia regarded the man cautiously. "I have heard of you, from the stories credited to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. You solved the case of the Speckled Band, did you not? A fascinating case that was. Dr. Roylott had quite the clever plan, but his lack of foresight was his undoing."

"However, I do have to question Watson's ... or Doyle's account on a little matter. The Indian swamp adder is entirely fictitious. There are no adders in India that I am aware of. Of course, Dr. Roylott could have used an Egyptian cobra instead, but that probably would not have created the 'speckled band'."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    "An archaeologist, huh? Looks like we more or less run in the same circles. My name's Fabian," he says to the woman, outstretching his hand. "It's because this place smells like death that I feel uncomfortable. We should all feel uncomfortable."
    "And why should we?" Olympia said. "Though I suppose finding ourselves here with no explanation as to how can be unnerving. It's clear this place can't be entirely abandoned since someone had to bring us here. It may be we are not the only living beings here after all."

"Unless, of course, the person that brought us here is some ancient vengeful spirit. Ha, ha!"

Though she said that mostly as a joke, she knew that given their present circumstances and company, seemingly anything was possible.

And, as if to prove the point that anything was indeed possible, a strange deformed man with a pipe arrived in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by deformed man
    Hideous and deformed it looked more like a monster then a man.

"The Goddess said that no one was supposed to be here..."

He'd slam the pipe he was clutching in his hands against the wall.

"THE GODDESS SAID THAT NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!"

With a mad scream and his pipe raised he started running towards the person closest to him.
    Olympia, who was somewhat further away, observed the creature and its attack from a distance. If the deformed man survived the counter-attack, he could be a source of information on this place. Though clearly he was not the being who brought them there.

02-13-2014, 10:17 AM Rambertino

And he'd promptly move to sidestep the pipe, whack the splicer in the face with the butt of his pistol, knock the pipe away with a swipe and knee him in the face to knock him unconscious. Assuming it worked, he'd glance around expectantly.

"Anyone got a chair to put him in?"

02-13-2014, 10:21 AM NovaPrimeX

"I can hold him! I'm really strong!'"

02-13-2014, 10:23 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Rambertino
    And he'd promptly move to sidestep the pipe, whack the splicer in the face with the butt of his pistol, knock the pipe away with a swipe and knee him in the face to knock him unconscious. Assuming it worked, he'd glance around expectantly.

While unarmed and dazed the man was not knocked out and with a guttural growl he'd leap unto the British detective to try and strangle him.

02-13-2014, 10:25 AM Superheroic

While unarmed and dazed the man was not knocked out and with a guttural growl he'd leap unto the British detective to try and strangle him.
    Luther Strode stepped in front of the attacker and threw his own punch...

02-13-2014, 10:28 AM NovaPrimeX

"Ooooh." She smiled at the handiwork. Violent but effective. She liked that.

02-13-2014, 10:28 AM Josh M

Quote Originally Posted by Homes;

Hank would look at the knocked out splicer, squinting.

"Eww. He smells like a mixture of Dinty Moore beef stew and pee."

Then Luthor attacked the splicer.

"And now add blood."

02-13-2014, 10:38 AM Rambertino

"Fair enough I suppose." He hummed in regards to the sudden cacophony of gore, having been priming to throw the crazed man over his shoulder and execute him with a shot to the head anyway. "I was going to suggest questioning him but we wouldn't have gotten anywhere. It was obvious he had no idea who we were or why we were here, but... he mentioned a Goddess. The Goddess. Now who would that be? Look at the needle marks on his arms. He was a drug user. Rampant. Can't identify the type but I'd wager it's what made him like this..."

His mind was already racing. Scrambling to decipher what he'd learned so far...

02-13-2014, 10:42 AM victorxd1999

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic

"Not bad rookie" said Deathstroke with a mocking grin, "I think I like you". *picks up the pipe* "not exactly my usual weaponry but I guess I need something when you guys try anything funny right?"

02-13-2014, 10:44 AM Joe Acro

"And why should we?" Olympia said. "Though I suppose finding ourselves here with no explanation as to how can be unnerving. It's clear this place can't be entirely abandoned since someone had to bring us here. It may be we are not the only living beings here after all."

"Unless, of course, the person that brought us here is some ancient vengeful spirit. Ha, ha!"

Though she said that mostly as a joke, she knew that given their present circumstances and company, seemingly anything was possible.

Like the others, Fabian is startled at the arrival of the man with a crowbar. He aims his pistol, but his shot is blocked. He moves to reposition, but another punches and destroys the man's head. "Good. That's taken care of," Fabian remarks. He returns to the woman with whom he had been conversing. "Still want to joke about vengeful spirits?"

02-13-2014, 10:47 AM NovaPrimeX

"I don't think that would help much." She replied to the guy with the pipe, Magnhild now back in grenade launcher form instead of warhammer. "Let's go exploring!" She would start skipping forward, bouncing along as she went to go see what other surprises the underwater city held.

02-13-2014, 10:55 AM Rambertino

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary
    "Not bad rookie" said Deathstroke with a mocking grin, "I think I like you". *picks up the pipe* "not exactly my usual weaponry but I guess I need something when you guys try anything funny right?"
    "Oh, yes. I'm sure the goresoaked bleeding heart with the musclemass equivalency of a steroid abuser and a tendency for punching people's heads off will be exceedingly threatened by your metal pipe."

More sarcasm. He was on a roll. Regardless, he rifled through the deceased Splicer's pockets, searching for anything of use and not remotely expecting to find it.

"I recommend hanging back, Miss Valkyrie. Not wise, running off through an obviously hostile urban setting alone."

02-13-2014, 11:02 AM victorxd1999

"Oh, yes. I'm sure the goresoaked bleeding heart with the musclemass equivalency of a steroid abuser and a tendency for punching people's heads off will be exceedingly threatened by your metal pipe."

More sarcasm. He was on a roll. Regardless, he rifled through the deceased Splicer's pockets, searching for anything of use and not remotely expecting to find it.

"I recommend hanging back, Miss Valkyrie. Not wise, running off through an obviously hostile urban setting alone."
    "oh, but you don't think I would try to hit him with this pipe, do you? " *breaks pipe over knee* " I'm just setting an example"

02-13-2014, 11:02 AM Superheroic

Quote Originally Posted by Nora
    "Ooooh." She smiled at the handiwork. Violent but effective. She liked that.
    Quote Originally Posted by New Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Grey
    Like the others, Fabian is startled at the arrival of the man with a crowbar. He aims his pistol, but his shot is blocked. He moves to reposition, but another punches and destroys the man's head. "Good. That's taken care of," Fabian remarks.
    Behind his mask, Luther raised an eyebrow. He hadn't thought about how the others might feel if he killed the attacker, he just did it. It's what came naturally to him. Besides, it had been way too long since he had interacted with others, at least where killing wasn't involved. He didn't expect their...acceptance though. What had he gotten himself into?

He turned to Deathstroke, "I'm Luther Strode. You are...?"

02-13-2014, 11:10 AM victorxd1999

Behind his mask, Luther raised an eyebrow. He hadn't thought about how the others might feel if he killed the attacker, he just did it. It's what came naturally to him. Besides, it had been way too long since he had interacted with others, at least where killing wasn't involved. He didn't expect their...acceptance though. What had he gotten himself into?

He turned to Deathstroke, "I'm Luther Strode. You are...?"
    Deathstroke was intrigued by this man. Ever since he woke up he had been scanning his companions, looking for the best ways to take them down. But this guy, he took a liking to him. He needed allies to survive, he learned that the first days in the field.

"I could tell you that but I'm afraid I'd have to kill you 2 seconds after", "you can call me Deathstroke"

02-13-2014, 11:33 AM NovaPrimeX

She paused midway through her bouncing, hanging in the air cheerfully for a moment...

...before falling to the ground below with an appreciative "wheee!" Bounding up undeterred, she nodded at Sherlock. "But fun! I'm sure I can handle it! More so if everyone comes with! I can lead from atop the pony!" She started breaking into character as she pictured it.

There she was, a noble and fearless leader seated atop her horse, saluting her men as she faced down an army of Ursas. "I, Commander Nora Valkyrie, order you to attack!" She led the charge herself, pantomiming it. "That's how it would go!" She grinned. "So what's the plan?"

02-13-2014, 11:33 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Tease
    "I'm sorry. I think your Princess is in another castle."
    "You-a will change your-a mind when-a you here my Italian accent. Mama mia." Archer replied before the Greek lady spoke up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek lady
    "A little maturity is something some men look for." Olympia said. She knew as she said this that this man would probably be more attracted to the likes of Yvette Delacroix. "But tell me, do you have any interesting scars?"
    "Are you kidding? I've been shot like, 12 times, or something, stabbed a few times. Being a secret agent's real messy wo-" Archer saw Luther cave in the guys skull.

"Not as messy as that though yeesh."

Inspecting the deceased Sherlock would find an EVE hypo in his coat pocket as well as some mouldy and damp bills.

Suddenly something on the Bathysphere came to life. If anyone would go and inspect they'd find a red light flashing on the short range radio.

02-13-2014, 11:42 AM Chris Lang

Olympia stood back and watched the gruesome demise of the deformed attacker. She marveled at the spectacle she had just seen. The man must have had incredible strength to cause the deformed creature's head to explode the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
    "Fair enough I suppose." He hummed in regards to the sudden cacophony of gore, having been priming to throw the crazed man over his shoulder and execute him with a shot to the head anyway. "I was going to suggest questioning him but we wouldn't have gotten anywhere. It was obvious he had no idea who we were or why we were here, but... he mentioned a Goddess. The Goddess. Now who would that be? Look at the needle marks on his arms. He was a drug user. Rampant. Can't identify the type but I'd wager it's what made him like this..."

His mind was already racing. Scrambling to decipher what he'd learned so far...
    "It is clear that he was not the one responsible for bringing us here." Olympia replied. "Though I wish he had lived just long enough to tell us who this Goddess was. I suppose we'll have to look around and find more information on the Goddess another way."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    Like the others, Fabian is startled at the arrival of the man with a crowbar. He aims his pistol, but his shot is blocked. He moves to reposition, but another punches and destroys the man's head. "Good. That's taken care of," Fabian remarks. He returns to the woman with whom he had been conversing. "Still want to joke about vengeful spirits?"
    "I must admit, the timing of that event was uncanny." Olympia remarked.

"I suppose we can't rule out vengeful spirits. Did you know that some believe there is a curse on King Tut's tomb? Many of the people involved in the excavation have died under mysterious circumstances. Howard Carter doesn't believe a word of it. Not that I've had the chance to meet him yet."

"I am acquainted with his cousin, Dr. Pippin Carter. He recently discovered the Dagger of Amon Ra, and has brought it over to the Leyendecker Museum on the first stop of its tour. Many of the Egyptians are unhappy with him for this, and have said that he will fall victim to the Curse of the Pharoahs. In fact..."

"Never mind. In any case, our attacker mentioned a Goddess. But which Goddess he was talking about we will have to discover on our own."

Quote Originally Posted by NovaPrimeX
    She paused midway through her bouncing, hanging in the air cheerfully for a moment...

...before falling to the ground below with an appreciative "wheee!" Bounding up undeterred, she nodded at Sherlock. "But fun! I'm sure I can handle it! More so if everyone comes with! I can lead from atop the pony!" She started breaking into character as she pictured it.

There she was, a noble and fearless leader seated atop her horse, saluting her men as she faced down an army of Ursas. "I, Commander Nora Valkyrie, order you to attack!" She led the charge herself, pantomiming it. "That's how it would go!" She grinned. "So what's the plan?"
    "So, you are a Commander, then?" Olympia asked. "I must say I admire your courage. You strike me as someone who does not fear death, and doesn't mind marching through fields of bodies. You seem to have a zest for life that I don't see very often."

02-13-2014, 11:47 AM The Purple Skull

Reply-O-Rama Part 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Peach
    With a certain practiced grace, Peach stands and makes her way to the large window. A distinct 'pitta-patta' sounds from the Princess' red heels as she focused on the decayed majesty a mere pane of glass away. "Goodness! It's a city completely under the water! I've never seen something like this before..." pausing briefly, "I wonder if it's anything like outer space..."

"Well hello there, Princess. My name is Bob: Agent of HYDRA. And I have a question for you....do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Really, Bob?! You're making a move at a chick from a video game?"

"Not A chick from A video game. THE chick from THE video game. I just know my 11 year old self is jealous right now."

"I thought you were into the cougar witch?"

"Please, there's plenty of Bob for everybody. I mean, talk about luck. 2 hot chicks here already. I wonder who else is here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Olympia Mylkos
    "I think this place is just perfect the way it is." Olympia replied. "Not only is it a fascinating place for any archaeologist, but it has the most wonderful atmosphere. The whole place smells of death. Ahh..."

She smiled.

"......Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad."

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Pie
    Pinky looked on the two men with fascination it looked like they were playing leap Pony and couldn't quite jump over each other. she sidled up to the one in all well mostly green and began to talk to him ignoring the other folk for a minuet hey next time you play leap pony like that you gotta either jump higher or use his hind quarters for leverage for the leap
    "Leap Pony? Nah what actually happened was, I was delivering the Heimlich maneuver while my friend here was dreaming he was having crazy jail s---."

"Yes, that's what were doing. Playing Leap Pony. Poor Bob here's not the most athletically gifted person in the world....but dammit he tries! Haha."

"....Dude, are we having a conversation with a talking pink pony?"

"...Yes. Yes, we are."

"...Ok. From this day on, we NEVER do crystal meth again."

"Agreed."

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Archer snapped a picture with his camera phone. "Haha! Nailed it, said the HYDRA guy to the AIM guy."
    "Bob, that suit guy took a picture of us! If he puts that on Instagram, we'll be the laughing stock of the supervillain community.....again."

"Don't worry, Karl. I'll take care of it. I've been known to be a very persuasive individual."

5 Minutes Later...

"Please delete that picture! Please please please! I'll be your friend!"

02-13-2014, 11:48 AM Indigo Al

Ceasar

He awoke, groggy and blinking. He startled up and snorted. His vision came into focus and he turned his head around to look at his surroundings. The smell of death, decay, blood, urine .... the smell of experiments. He saw others stirring and talking. Humans. And ... a bipedal pink talking Zebra? Did she know his ... father, Will? Was she from the San Bruno shelter?

Ceasar was displeased and supicious.

Pepper

Pepper woke up. At first she didn't notice much that was unusual. Ugly dimly lit industrial walls, an uncomfortable cot .... exactly like Briarcliff.

Then she noticed all the others. She noticed that it wasn't Briarcliff. Was that - Sister Jude, smoking in a tight black cocktail dress?

Then, the white light that she knew well began enveloping the place. The other people froze motionless.

"Hi," Pepper waved her hand. "A game? Experiments? Other realities? What does that mean - oh alright, I suppose you're not gonna tell me everything. Will Kit and Grace be in any danger will I'm gone? Alright. I like games, this sounds like fun..."

The light disappeared and the players began moving again, unaware of having been frozen or of Pepper's seemingly one-sided conversation.

"Hmm."

02-13-2014, 11:59 AM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of WHINER
    "Please delete that picture! Please please please! I'll be your friend!"[/SIZE]
    Archer cocked his eyebrow. "No offence, but first of all you're part of an organization formed by a Nazi. A Nazi! Also...you're like the help so I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be natural enemies or something."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey
    Ceasar was displeased and supicious.
    Archer squeed slightly at the sight of Ceasar. "Oooh, who's a cute big monkey. Who's a cute big monkey. Yes, you are. Yes you are!"

02-13-2014, 11:59 AM Joe Acro

"I must admit, the timing of that event was uncanny." Olympia remarked.
    As Olympia talks, Fabian Gray examines the body, just as Sherlock is giving his diagnosis.

"He was definitely injected with something," he notes.

"I suppose we can't rule out vengeful spirits. Did you know that some believe there is a curse on King Tut's tomb? Many of the people involved in the excavation have died under mysterious circumstances. Howard Carter doesn't believe a word of it. Not that I've had the chance to meet him yet."

"I am acquainted with his cousin, Dr. Pippin Carter. He recently discovered the Dagger of Amon Ra, and has brought it over to the Leyendecker Museum on the first stop of its tour. Many of the Egyptians are unhappy with him for this, and have said that he will fall victim to the Curse of the Pharoahs. In fact..."

"Never mind. In any case, our attacker mentioned a Goddess. But which Goddess he was talking about we will have to discover on our own."
    Fabian stands up from the body. "That's why I wouldn't assume this guy was a drug user. He was out of his mind, sure, but it could be he was influenced by this 'goddess'. Might be drugs, might be torture, might be something supernatural."

02-13-2014, 12:08 PM Nicker

"Hahah! Jesus Christ, I think a little piece of that mook's head got on me! That's quite the punch you got there pal. But there better be more out there, cause I got getta my kicks too. " Ladd said as he watched as the pony hopped around him. "So confident, so carefree..Makes me sick!" He said as he clenched his hands into fists, barely unable to restrain himself from going and snapping the pony's cute little neck. But, he was also more concerned with finding more of those ugly bastards to kill. Although, looking over his shoulder Ladd glanced at the radio and started to walk towards it.

"Well well, what have we here.." He asked as he picked up the radio..

02-13-2014, 12:11 PM NovaPrimeX

"I'd be the best Commander eveeeer!" She nodded, before making her way over to the radio in Ladd's hands..."It's blinking!" She reported as she leaned over near it, inspecting it.

02-13-2014, 12:15 PM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd
    "Well well, what have we here.." He asked as he picked up the radio..
    Pressing the button on the side caused the radio to spring to life.

"Hello. Assuming not Splicer. Don't usually care to pick up."

Male, by the sound of it, but that was pretty much the only thing anyone could tell right now.

"Been awhile. Thought I was only one left. Stroke of luck.

*deep inhale*

Welcome to Rapture."