Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Is this series any good or is it too early to tell?
    It’s very good but he barely gets any lines and is he dead?

Ultimate Member

I hope not and doubt it...as he's seen on the cover to later issues, like three issues later covers and such...and if Warpath can have a speeding car slam into him without a scratch not sure how much could actually hurt him...

Was it ever explained as to why Warpath can no longer fly?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Some creators seem to think it's silly.
    "He's a heavy bullet proof tank, he can't fly"

As if that isn't literally what Superman and all of his rip offs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Some creators seem to think it's silly.
    "He's a heavy bullet proof tank, he can't fly"

As if that isn't literally what Superman and all of his rip offs do.
    It's been mentioned, more than once, that he can still fly it's just that he doesn't like to. I believe he's afraid of flying - maybe heights. I think adding flight to him was a mistake.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

While I wouldn't have given him flight, since it was granted to him I would like for writers to use it more often. Perhaps they can limit its use: instead of being able to fly any time like M, they can just state that flight requires a lot of his energy and drains him quickly, therefore he only uses it in emergency situations and he can only travel a short distance.

Also what is his strength level at now? I know at one point he was class 80/90, but where is he at now? Was there ever an explanation for his power-up and then reduction in strength?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Warpath can fly. Sunspot can fly. Magma can fly. The writers sure loved giving the New Mutants era kids that random power in the 90s/00s

BANNED

I found it reasonable that the comicbook character Sunspot´s mutant ability would enable the character to take flight in that issue of X-Force in the 90's Glad to read the comicbook character Warpath can no longer fly though.

Comic Geek in General

I kinda hope he winds up on the main team again in Hickman’s Era.......

Didn’t he also have a crush on Siryn back in the day? I know Wade did......and Madrox was in a relationship with her in X-Factor for a time before he started with Layla after she came back older, but I remember Warpath having that crush.......is he even part of any ship threads or did he settle down off camera like Cannonball?

Ultimate Member

Yeah James had a BIG crush on Terry back in the day and she seemed to return at least some of his feelings, as for Jamie it was more of a one night stand kind of thing with Terry that resulted in her getting pregnant with a dupe baby that Jamie reabsorbed shortly after birth. I think that there might be a Siryn and Warpath ship thread here somewhere. Lately Warpath has had an odd relationship with Domino that I think ended before this most recent X-Force run...

I'd still like for James and Terry to have a real chance at a relationship...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    They were.
    Attachment 66326

But given Warpath's attitude toward her, Deathstrike, and Sabretooth this last chapter, they're probably over at this point.
    Wow. Does Domino hook up with all her teammates from X-Force? James is what #4?

Ultimate Member

Normally no, but lately some of the writers to use her have written her VERY differently than the lions share of her time in comics...then again maybe she's just mad now that the Cable that she loved is dead and replaced by this pipsqueak version...

James and all those other hookups happened before Cable died. This isnt reactionary to his death

Ultimate Member

I know, it was more of a joke, showing my anger about the whole younger version of Cable and all of that...then again I wouldn't mind seeing Warpath and Siryn on a team together again, a team that wasn't X-Force where they both got written well, and had a chance at being a real couple...

So, Warpath is not going to be part of the Hicks-Men?
    Or did I miss something?

Is he still alive at the end of Brisson's X-Force? (not that it would matter)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way