All-New Member

Default The Angelic Rogue explains it all (official introduction)

I see hope
    Just a small town girl, moving to the big City of Heroes.
    Angelica Storm

Pretty simple actually
    New to the hero game, fighting crime on a street level. Muggers, petty thieves and scaring a school yard bully or two. I was making a name for myself in the city, or at least in my mind I was something to talk about. It wasn't long before I met Growl and Sleek. They asked if I would join their league, Life Force, my first hero team. We enjoyed fighting crime side by side. New friends, a new family and a purpose. Nothing was too big or too bad that we could not handle it. Life Force gave me all I had wanted when I first came to this City of Heroes. I hadn't paid my dues, but I guess I was just a natural coming up fast. It wasn't long before I would hear people speaking about my hero identity while keeping secret in my civilian life. But I had upset a few big dogs

I turned down the wrong dark alley like so many before me. Face to face with dark power, vastly outweighing my own at the time. I was hurt, hurt bad.
    When I was able to finally crawl out of that alley, bloody, stained, broken. I looked to the sky and I cursed my maker, turning my back to the light never again to be that girl who first walked into the city with hope.

Dreams turned to nightmares and hope dies

My team, my life force, was diminished by the darkness of the City. Fought as we tried, outnumbered and over powered we never stood a chance. As my powers grew beyond my control the villains of The Big City took notice. They tried to snuff me out but my team were the ones to fall in my stead. Resistance was futile. I cut my ties to my friends, my family, my life force. Telling myself it would be best for them to just let me walk into the dark alone. As they reached out to pull me back, I pushed them aside as I did my tears. My purpose had been replaced with my agenda. On my own I met trouble in the form of kindness. Thieves tugging at my darkened heart. They carried me with mistrust through my actions of striking out at the powers that be. Voices in my head as I danced a deadly game with the most powerful ignominious beings of The Big City. Good, bad, both. Every time they pushed me down, kicked dirt in my face... I found a rock, made way to my knees and hit them low as hard as a little girl could.

I was always KNOCKED back down, usually TWICE.
    Worth it.
    But in time, alone, my powers grew. Perhaps they simply grew out of control. I became what they made me, a weapon of mass destruction.
    The Angelic Rogue

Anger. They tried to make me fade away but as each friend or foe broke me, I became stronger. Each slap to my face made me angrier and every turned back gave me the power to stand alone. To find my own strength, to let the power inside me grow unchained. Had they only knew all my life I was holding back this monster. It had finally been unleashed, the monster inside. My one woman warpath on crime had led me to nothing but dead end alley's. When I emerged from the chaos victorious for the first time since my fall, blood on my hands... not my own, I embraced anarchy only to be rejected. My will too strong, my heart too broken, a perfect fit became another nightmare. Another dead end alley. I tried to find peace once again in the night.

On my own, who needs them, who needs anybody!

That is when I met him. He was mister right, not mister right now like the others in this city. We had to meet in shadows as no one would approve. The rest of his team had made it clear, I was the plague and they had no cure. We would fly by night away from the struggles of the leagues and the wars. The only time in the dark of The Big City I felt alive was in his light. What nobody knew couldn't hurt them, right. As my strength grew, leagues kept calling, but for the wrong reasons. Life Force never wanted me to go... but how could I go back when I had become so dark. EVOlution saw that good was still inside this broken hero, they let me into their home, their team. Instantly giving me their trust. But my old foes had returned in force, the bane of my creation. There were others as well. Three leagues took it to my former and current teams. It was a slaughter. For whatever reasons I was removed from my team once again, broken, never to be fixed.

Hopeless

I finally fell to my knees in that same dark alley where my downward spiral had started and for the first time since I arrived, I begged to the heavens for help, a way out, a start over, forgiveness. In the pitch black of that alley, a beam of light had found a crack to slip through and shine on me once again. That is when The Chromatic Saint made the offer... " change your ways, go back to the hero you never got to be and start over." I took the banner of a league once again, proudly. This time for a reason other then the spoils of war... that would come later. This time it was to make a stand and stand united as a force for good against all evil. So far, so good. I still have not even hit my half year mark in the big city, it seems like a life time ago since I took that wrong turn down the wrong dark alley. But now the streets are a bit more clear, the line between good and evil not so blurred. I can't change things or start over but I can try to move forward without a chip on my shoulder.

As I stand now on this building top for the 100th time, I look out and see a new city.
    I new purpose, new allies, new avenues and no more dead ends
    I see hope

She is then joined by her male counter part who she continues to meet in secret.

Because it just wouldn't be The Big City without a little trouble.

I'm still not perfect. Maybe I never will be.
    Last edited by Brandon Hex; 10-28-2014 at 02:26 PM.