Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Marts Madness Redux!

Marvel eXecutive Editor Mike Marts joins X-Position to discuss the current state of the X-Men, possible plans for the 20th Anniversary of "Generation X" and more.

Full article here.

Great article. Not bad for Marts' first X-POSITION since returning to the X-books. Not much was revealed, but I enjoyed those previews for All New X-men. Looks like we're in for another big psychic battle. Just hope it's more satisfying than the one we get in Battle of the Atom. I'm still curious about AXIS, but I'm more curious about how the whole Schism ordeal is going to be dealt with. Marts says it hasn't been lost on the editors and it's something Bendis has been focusing on. Given how Bendis often goes the long road with his stories, it's probably one of those things that's going to take a long time to unfold. But I'm hoping that the death of Wolverine and AXIS, whatever it may be, will at least start to mend the Schism. I also hope we get more OGNs like No More Humans. That was very nicely done. It felt like a complete story without having to wait months on end to see it unfold. Maybe that's just me being impatient, but I would like to see more stories in that format.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Is there any chance we could get more mini-series or anthology series (Serve & Protect)? I miss them.

Most definitely. There may even be a miniseries like that in the Wolverine world that could be announced sometime soon.

Hmmmm.? Daken/x23?

Finally, the perennial question from most all of our readers concerns the characters from Chris Yost & Craig Kyle's "New X-Men" run, with many hoping for a new series featuring the graduating class. What kind of plans can you disclose, if any, for the characters?

We definitely think about it. There's current plans for those characters to continue to appear in "Wolverine and the X-Men," there's also one or two that will appear in an upcoming arc Chris [Yost] and Craig [Kyle] are writing for "Amazing X-Men." I think readers will be excited when they find out who's appearing there. Also, like the Gen X idea, it's something that we talk about a lot over here.
    Well we know X-23 is going to be in the arc....perhaps Hellion will too?

5 bucks says they turn Hellion into a Wendigo

any takers?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Well we know X-23 is going to be in the arc....perhaps Hellion will too?

5 bucks says they turn Hellion into a Wendigo

any takers?
    Which of the New X-Men will he eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Which of the New X-Men will he eat.
    X-23 or maybe Anole...

I bet Anole tastes like chicken....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

A fan-favorite X-Men (and "Amazing Spider-Man") writer is coming on to some projects soon, which we're happy about.
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm hoping he means Christos Gage. Excepting that "First X-Men" thing, I've liked his Marvel work. Hell, I've even liked his Whedonverse stuff.

He "thinks about" a lot of stuff apparently.

Writers are more interesting geeking out over whatever they're doing at the time, editors just sound like broad shills for everything.

looks like mike marts is just as pissed about this rogue situation as the rest of us.

Does anybody know what that top art of Cable, Boom Boom, and Warpath is from?

Amazing Member

Learned nothing really.

They coincidentally have a lot of discussions about things we discuss and we should be paying attention to Wolverine.

OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SummersBlood View Post
    Probably from the Cable vs Deadpool time-travel thigamajig coming up.

Well Mags will definitely be showing up for Xaviers Will issues.

He makes it sound like Storm will remain her old bland self in the rest of the X-Books and her "leadership" still won't play much of a role into it.

Oh well, at least there's finally an ongoing with her name.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SummersBlood View Post
    It's for Deadpool vs. X-Force
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52378