Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Did Wakandans die or were they evacuated?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I know, I'm starting off with a can of worms, but...

The whole f**kin' world sold Wakanda high and dry. Avengers included.

BUT OH, THEY HAD THE CURE FOR CANCER! THEY DESERVED IT! Frankly, this pretty much proved Wakanda's isolationism right. As expected, when push comes to shove, African nations don't matter unless they have something that can be taken by society, namely western. Even in the MU. Especially when they have something said society wants but can't have.

Funny, if the Cabal had the US as a hostage, I'm pretty sure every hero and their mother would try to fight them.
    Well the cure of Cancer aside, Wakanda has been a bit negative with outsiders. One has to wonder what would happen if T'Challa never left the country in the first place and became an Avenger ?

I mean do you truly think T'challa shouldn't left the country in the first place and build the bonds that he has now ?

I know, I'm starting off with a can of worms, but...

The whole f**kin' world sold Wakanda high and dry. Avengers included.

BUT OH, THEY HAD THE CURE FOR CANCER! THEY DESERVED IT! Frankly, this pretty much proved Wakanda's isolationism right. As expected, when push comes to shove, African nations don't matter unless they have something that can be taken by society, namely western. Even in the MU. Especially when they have something said society wants but can't have.

Funny, if the Cabal had the US as a hostage, I'm pretty sure every hero and their mother would try to fight them.
    I don't think it's a matter of Wakanda deserving it, but rather a simply matter of them not likely having another choice. It's similar to choosing to destroy a world to prevent 2 universes from being destroyed only on a smaller scale.

They don't have a means of stopping the incursions. If Wakanda needs to be sacrificed to ensure the earth and frankly entire universe is sparred, then it's a net gain. Even for Wakanda, since more Wakandans surivived from the Cabal than an incursion.

Which isn't to say there isn't a LOT to dislike about the situation. From a moral standpoint at least you can easily champion not going along with that. But it does make sense. If they have no other alternative, then sacrificing Wakanda to buy the rest of the universe time frankly is the smarter thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Was pleasantly surprised by the twist with Sue. Does SHIELD not have psychics? I'd expect Hill to have them scanning the hero's minds in secret.
    They do, but I would imagine Steve would be against that sort of thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Did Wakandans die or were they evacuated?
    At least some of them had to have been killed but there is now at least a diaspora. So some were able to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They do, but I would imagine Steve would be against that sort of thing.
    Hill wouldn't, and I doubt she runs everything by him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

- Sue is actually working for Reed and the Illuminati
    - We discover it seems Reed tried to get Franklin to fix everyting but he wasn't able too. And the FF students are working on the problem
    - Valerie gives Reed a note than tells Reed he cannot win and that he has to figure out a way to just not lose. Sue reminds Reed that she is just a child and can be wrong just like him
    Nice to know that the Future Foundation will be more involved within the (616) MU.....also, interesting twist regarding Susan hunting the Illuminati.

lots and lots of stuff to at least tell us where we are at. Not real advancement but still
    ....Yes, Hickman is going all out with this issue.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 10-22-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yeah, the Marvel U is headed to actual DOOMSDAY moment, just scream Reboot in some way, shape or form.

I mean this is almost worst than what Kang did in the Kang Dynasty.
    There's disagreements about this. But yeah, there's this distinct Crisis feel to some of Marvel's titles, lately. I guess we'll know soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    There's disagreements about this. But yeah, there's this distinct Crisis feel to some of Marvel's titles, lately. I guess we'll know soon.
    However unlike the Crisis, this time around the Marvel Heroes are "helping" speeding things up for this event, instead of tackling the real threat.

I wonder if adult Franklin could do anything about it. Apparently young Franklin couldn't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I wonder if adult Franklin could do anything about it. Apparently young Franklin couldn't.
    In FF, he says he can't come back as it will freak the universe out if there are two of hims in one place and the he (Adult!Franklin) is not going to make it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I also like that the FF are still together, even in secret. Although I do wonder how Reed got the kids back?
    I suspect that the Readers will learn the answers regarding the Future Foundation during the final Issues of the F4 Series.

Wow, Avengers #37 was brilliant.
    The Avenger books are back in top form with this 8 months later storyline.
    It was stalling a little bit for me, but with the last few issues of this and New Avengers, and todays brilliant issue of AXIS, I 'm excited to see what happens next.

Loved Hank & Hulk goading Steve in this issue.
    It really rattled his cage. Which of course is exactly the kind of behaviour prediction & manipulation that they had just been patronisingly explaining to him.

And the Cabal revealing themselves to the world was a nice touch too.

Also really liked the traitor reveal.
    The plot thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Heh, seems a few of the plot holes people brought up like Franklin fixing the issue has now been "covered."
    Yeah, I really like that little piece of info.
    Actually got a knowing smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    lots and lots of stuff to at least tell us where we are at. Not real advancement but still
    With character work and reveals galore I could happily take no advancement if the quality stayed as good as this.

Rant aside...

I thought this issue was great. Filled a bunch of gaps, but also created more intrigue and mystery. Loved the Sue twist too.
    Was pleasantly surprised by the twist with Sue. Does SHIELD not have psychics? I'd expect Hill to have them scanning the hero's minds in secret.
    The Sue twist was such a great moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I like the sound of the X-men having their own little nation in the middle of New York, sounds like a lot of cool stuff happening for the X-men soon.
    Yeah, I'm very excited to find out more about the X-Nation.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

So what are the Illuminati working on? If they are not with the Cabal.

If all the X-men are in X-nation and not playing nice with SHIELD (they don't have a good relationship now)... then what psychic do you bring that is strong enough to punch through any protection Reed, Hank, Banner, T'challa, and/or Cho would have put in place before sending her under?

Are there any NON mutant telepaths even around anymore?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html