Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Girl's Last Stand (Amazing Spider-Man #8 Spoilers)

Well at least the Ms. Marvel team up is over. A great action sequence and nothing more type of story there, although we get a good Silk check in and the backup is pretty tragic. I gave it a 7.5 out of 10. My full review is here with pictures if anyone is interested.

You can’t argue the main story is fun and action packed. Sadly this and the backup make the entire thing spread out much to thin. That makes this issue very middling and almost skippable.

spoilers:

Comic opens with Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel taking on Dr. Minerva. Eventually the cocoon breaks open and there's a baby inside. After a bit more fighting Spider-Man says he's going to send a message to the Kree through he Avengers about what Minerva is up to. She flees. It was a ruse, he had no intercom to the Avengers, but alls well that ends well. At one point we find out one of the henchmen is none other than Clash (who looks surprisingly like Roderick Kingsley) who helps fight the henchmen off. The baby is given back to its parents and Clash is given a job at Parker Industries.

Meanwhile, Silk is asked to the editing room where her boss makes fun of Silk's costume. Silk hears of bad guy attacking and runs to stop him in a completely new costume. Man that's fast.

In the backup we find Daemos with his foot on Mayday Parker. He says he's, "Son of Solus, one of the inheritors of all of creation." Wicked. He then kills Peter and presumably Mary Jane although we don't see her body.

Mayday flees with her baby brother and is rescued by the Superior Spider-Man team.
    end of spoilers

All in all an okay read. What did you guys think?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Default Spider-Girl's Last Stand (Amazing Spider-Man #8 Spoilers)

spoilers:
    Well, well, just when things are awkward enough in Spider-man stories. Now, I still have a bad feeling that Mephisto may show up during this event to prevent Mayday from meeting the REAL Peter Parker and not Ock in Peter's body.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I predict a lot of anger, justifiably so. There are some really made people on Tumblr.

BANNED

Called it a few weeks ago. Cool.

spoilers:
    Tragic in a good way. The Speech was a tad melodramatic, but Daemos' reply at the end was badass. Looking forward to Mayday making him eat his words.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

What happened to MC2's Peter and Mary Jane?

The spoilers don't reveal that.

Details...details...I want details.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, well, just when things are awkward enough in Spider-man stories. Now, I still have a bad feeling that Mephisto may show up during this event to prevent Mayday from meeting the REAL Peter Parker and not Ock in Peter's body.
    end of spoilers

What does Mephisto have to do with anything?

And what does it matter whether or not Mayday meets the real Peter Parker or not?

The 616 Peter and the MC2 Peter are from two different universes and as such the histories are going to be different and the 616 Peter knows this considering the fact that he has already been to the Ultimate Universe universe and has experienced such a thing already.

Mephisto won't be making an appearance in Spider-Verse and there is no need for him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Called it a few weeks ago. Cool.

spoilers:
    Tragic in a good way. The Speech was a tad melodramatic, but Daemos' reply at the end was badass. Looking forward to Mayday making him eat his words.
    end of spoilers
    It was kinda hoaky though.

spoilers:
    "I'll throw away my father's vows so that I will kill you"?
    end of spoilers

That's so blunt. Honestly, I think Mayday fans are justified to be pissed off. 8 years of buildup torn down in 6 pages so we can have ANOTHER ANTI-HERO. You know, the gritty people who vow in anger that flood Marvel? Yeah, we REALLY needed an optimistic character to be changed into a bitter one.

Wait 5 years when this happens to Kamala Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post

spoilers:
    MC2 Peter definitely dies. The team that rescues Mayday say there are only "two spider-totems," being Mayday and Benjy. Daemos had Mayday dead to rights, but Peter steps in to protect her. When Mayday gets a moment away from Daemos, MJ hands her Benjy and tells her to protect him before she seemingly tries to attack Daemos. There's a scream, we don't see MJ, or Mayday's boyfriend Wes, again, as Daemos comes out of those house with Peter's corpse. Mayday and Benjy escape, but not before Mayday vows to have her vengeance. MJ and Wes seemingly perish but we never see the bodies.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Dead. Sad but true. Although it was off camera so maybe not, but her dad is def dead.
    end of spoilers
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It was kinda hoaky though.

spoilers:
    "I'll throw away my father's vows so that I will kill you"?
    end of spoilers

That's so blunt. Honestly, I think Mayday fans are justified to be pissed off. 8 years of buildup torn down in 6 pages so we can have ANOTHER ANTI-HERO. You know, the gritty people who vow in anger that flood Marvel? Yeah, we REALLY needed an optimistic character to be changed into a bitter one.

Wait 5 years when this happens to Kamala Khan.
    spoilers:
    Her family just got torn apart by a guy raiding the interdimensional fridge in the middle of the night. She has every reason to want to do terrible things to him, no matter the cost. Fresh grief is like that. But I think she'll do right by her dad when the time comes for a rematch.
    end of spoilers

Honestly? More time should have been spent on the MC2 universe than the Peter Part. Hell, why not have the whole issue about the MC2? Killing off an entire cast in 6 pages and making Mayday absolutely useless and then turning against her character by saying she vows to kill?

Did people really want Mayday to be a teeth gritting, snarling Anti-Hero who is more controlled by rage? The whole point of MC2 was to not be a disaster future, but guess we can't even have that.

And even the wording was just BAD. Like, this is "You can't have characters say how they feel! That makes me ANGRY" tier stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    MC2 Peter definitely dies. The team that rescues Mayday say there are only "two spider-totems," being Mayday and Benjy. Daemos had Mayday dead to rights, but Peter steps in to protect her. When Mayday gets a moment away from Daemos, MJ hands her Benjy and tells her to protect him before she seemingly tries to attack Daemos. There's a scream, we don't see MJ, or Mayday's boyfriend Wes, again, as Daemos comes out of those house with Peter's corpse. Mayday and Benjy escape, but not before Mayday vows to have her vengeance. MJ and Wes seemingly perish but we never see the bodies.
    end of spoilers
    I kinda assume spoilers:
    MJ is still alive. Peter, yeah, clearly not so much.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

What does Mephisto have to do with anything?

And what does it matter whether or not Mayday meets the real Peter Parker or not?

The 616 Peter and the MC2 Peter are from two different universes and as such the histories are going to be different and the 616 Peter knows this considering the fact that he has already been to the Ultimate Universe universe and has experienced such a thing already.

Mephisto won't be making an appearance in Spider-Verse and there is no need for him to do so.

Sorry it just a bad feeling of mine. With so many offsprings of Peter coming into the event, this is just going to make things awkward all over for Peter when all is said and done and whoever survives the final battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Honestly? More time should have been spent on the MC2 universe than the Peter Part. Hell, why not have the whole issue about the MC2? Killing off an entire cast in 6 pages and making Mayday absolutely useless and then turning against her character by saying she vows to kill?

Did people really want Mayday to be a teeth gritting, snarling Anti-Hero who is more controlled by rage? The whole point of MC2 was to not be a disaster future, but guess we can't even have that.

And even the wording was just BAD. Like, this is "You can't have characters say how they feel! That makes me ANGRY" tier stuff.
    Her costume could use a few pouches.

But to be fair, it's the start of the storyline. Still more story to go. At least wait for the ending before we work ourselves up in a froth.

Or not. Anger is clearly fun.

BANNED

Thank goodness Tom and Ron are coming back for this. I hope that they can salvage the mess that Slott made.