Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by THC-1138 View Post
    I really liked issues 0 and 1, I can't wait for more to come out. But then again, I'm always a sucker for dystopian futures, alternate timelines, etc... Kinda like that show "Sliders", if anyone remembers that.
    I loved Sliders. (At least until they introduced Maggie and got rid of 4/5 of the original cast.)
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Maybe the Masked Superman is Val, since so many Earth 2 characters are appearing.
    Ya this is what i thought as well. Looks intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    Ya this is what i thought as well. Looks intriguing.
    Or maybe its Ulysses,the Man of Tomorrow? He's a part of Johns' run.

Astonishing Member

Probably not since F'E is an alternate universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Probably not since F'E is an alternate universe.
    The writers have said it's not an alternate universe--in a recent interview, Azzarello and Jurgens were kind of adamant about it not being an "elseworlds." They said that in order for it to work it needs to be thought of as the real future. Of course, futures can change.

Also, in comic books, the past can change. I wouldn't be surprised if Terry finds out that someone has been messing with the past, so that the past he has traveled to (five years in our future) is already different from the history he had learned 35 years later.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-11-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoniac View Post
    Or maybe its Ulysses,the Man of Tomorrow? He's a part of Johns' run.
    Who is Ulysses? Is he New? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Who is Ulysses? Is he New? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
    He's the new "Man of Tomorrow" who is going to appear in Johns' Superman run.

Yeah, best not to think of Futures End as an alternate universe. Alternate universe suggests a different Earth in the multiverse or something, which is misleading. This is the Prime Earth future. It will most certainly not come to pass ultimately, but it is, to the point of now until the story's conclusion, the future of the main continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune
    Ah. Thanks. That's interesting--I wonder if the original solicit was just a mistake, or if there's been an actual substitution? Maybe the people on Earth 2: World's End had conflicting plans for Fury? I wonder what Barda's up to? Maybe trying to spring Mr. Miracle from the Cadmus Island prison, if he was still among the Earth 2 folks during the war? You'd think he could spring himself, but they probably have him crazy tight security--especially if the war had something to do with the planet-shifting Bedlam is making Mr. Miracle (and Misters Terrific and 8) do in Earth 2. Barda could be trying to spring Fury too, if Fury is actually in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    No way Azz will let anyone but him write John.

I hope.
    In one of the interviews he did along with Jurgens, Azz mentioned that he has taken Constantine over form Lemire. If I understood right, he'll still be part of Lemire's storyline at the beginning, but he'll eventually move over to Azz's domain.

ETA--here's what he said about writing Constantine:

Azzarello: Right, and we’re going to be handing characters off. So characters that I’m working on in the beginning, Dan might be picking up.....

There’s a point where a character I’m using is more served in a story that Dan’s telling, so it makes more sense – rather than me taking over Dan’s story and finishing it, for me to just give Dan that character.,,,Yeah, there was one character that I was supposed to do pretty much the whole thing with, and Jeff’s taken over that story now...

And the same thing happened with Constantine the other way – Jeff was going to do everything with him, and now I have Constantine.
    http://www.newsarama.com/20992-futur...ndipitous.html

(I hope that hasn't been "retconned.")
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-11-2014 at 01:15 PM.