Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    big Barda, WW, fury, Donna whoever seems too muscular in the arms for my taste lol
    Barda was always really Big.

argh I don't want to be interest in the weekly but these solicits leave me intrigued, specially the Constantine one

I really liked issues 0 and 1, I can't wait for more to come out. But then again, I'm always a sucker for dystopian futures, alternate timelines, etc... Kinda like that show "Sliders", if anyone remembers that.

BANNED

This is slowly becoming my favorite title from DC!

Astonishing Member

It's impossible to tell if we're going to get Lemire's flanderized Constantine or Azzarello's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's impossible to tell if we're going to get Lemire's flanderized Constantine or Azzarello's.
    Imagine if it was Jurgens'. >:P
    BB

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Imagine if it was Jurgens'. >:P
    Hope for the better people.

Wow, Prime Earth holding prisoners from a war with Earth 2! I know this is 5 years in the future and these things may not happen but I'd love to see a Prime Earth vs Earth 2 event. Any rumors that this will happen?
    Deathstroke's new costume is an improvement over his New 52 redesign but something about it just doesn't seem right. They got rid of the blue in his costume and the classic chain mail. Not a fan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It's Barda. You can tell by the circlet she's wearing.
    I think it's Fury. The July solicit says Fury meets Deathstroke, and this cover seems to be a conitnuation of that encounter (though, of course, anything's possible--maybe Big Barda follows Fury). Fury and Big Barda both have the New Gods in their backgrounds, and maybe that's why Fury has a similar or identical circlet. Or maybe she and Barda became close sometime in the five year gap, after Fury outgrew Steppanwulf's indoctrination, and Barda gave her the circlet. She also could have bulked up in those five years; between that possibility and differences of artistic interpretation, I don't see her bulk as ruling Fury out, King of Hybrids.

And I wonder if Fury could have taken the civilian name "Donna Troy."

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman
    Wow, Prime Earth holding prisoners from a war with Earth 2! I know this is 5 years in the future and these things may not happen but I'd love to see a Prime Earth vs Earth 2 event. Any rumors that this will happen?
    I'm not sure, but I figured we'd see the war in the third new weekly, Earth 2: Worlds End (starting in October, if I remember right).
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-09-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I think it's Fury. The July solicit says Fury meets Deathstroke, and this cover seems to be a conitnuation of that encounter (though, of course, anything's possible--maybe Big Barda follows Fury). Fury and Big Barda both have the New Gods in their backgrounds, and maybe that's why Fury has a similar or identical circlet. Or maybe she and Barda became close sometime in the five year gap, after Fury outgrew Steppanwulf's indoctrination, and Barda gave her the circlet. She also could have bulked up in those five years; between that possibility and differences of artistic interpretation, I don't see her bulk as ruling Fury out, King of Hybrids.
    It's had been "retconned":

http://www.newsarama.com/20913-dc-co...citations.html

THE NEW 52 – FUTURES END #13
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN
    Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    On sale JULY 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Five years from now, the world turns against Batman Beyond! Plus, Barda and Emiko must face off against the NEW Secret Six!

BANNED

No way Azz will let anyone but him write John.

I hope.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

I gave and picked up the books and think it is going to be a wild ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Deathstroke's new costume is an improvement over his New 52 redesign but something about it just doesn't seem right. They got rid of the blue in his costume and the classic chain mail. Not a fan.
    That would be a great event for 2015 in August. This may be a stretch, but I remember in Origin Cyborg said he could see Darkseids invasion happening across many different worlds. Perhaps the Wonders of Earth 2 will some how find that out and blame the heroes of Earth Prime for not coming to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Who's the centric girl behind green glasses? Any guesses? Earth 2 related?
    The cover is heavily Earth 2 related.
    Lois's Red Tornado
    Big Barda
    and Mr Terrific

To be fair and overly technical, Big Barda really isn't associated directly with Earth 2. Its where she's first been seen, but as a New God she's from none of the Earths in the multiverse.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I tried to tell the haters that anything with Lemire and Azzarello was going to be good. They have truly scoured the DC Universe and are using everyone. Big Barda vs Deathstroke? That's awesome. I really hope this series makes Mr. Terrific a star and it seems maybe as the big bad? He has a great WWE name, is the "3rd smartest person" in the DCU, has great tats and a cool uni, and helped create Brother Eye. For everyone who claims they are sick of Batman this series is for you - Stormwatch, Frankenstein, old Flash teaming with Captain Cold, Batman Beyond and A.L.F.R.E.D., Earth 2 Lois as Red Tornado - this series looks promising as hell
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-09-2014 at 10:52 PM.