Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hmm

Batman is older than most of his generation of heroes, but stays in his prime through supernatural things he runs across as a hero. Not by choice.

Dick Grayson was the first Robin and around for a long time before striking out as Nightwing in his early 20's

Jason Todd became Robin II, was killed and eventually becomes the anti-hero Red Hood.

Tim Drake somehow deduces Batmans true identity, but Batman shuns him in fear of him dying like Todd. Drake strikes out as Red Robin on his own eventually earning Batman's respect and a role in the Bat-family as a sort of Robin but not quite full on Robin.

Spoiler/Stephanie becomes a Robin for a short while before being kicked out by Batman.

Barbara Gordon is the first Batgirl active for years before the Joker shoots her and she takes up the Oracle mantle permanently never to return to Batgirl.

Several girls pick up the Batgirl mantle including Cassandra Cain who becomes Black Bat, the BoP girl that was Batgirl for a short time but I forget her name, and eventually landing on Stephanie Brown after she's thrown out of the Robin mantle.

Damian Wayne appears as the bastard son of Batman takes Tim Drake's role as Batman's sidekick and picks up the Robin role. Drake goes off to do teen titans and solo stuff, while being a part time bat family member like the rest.

Selena Kyle is a villain, turned Batman's wife, and occasionally relapses into theft crimes. Bears Batman's daughter Helena Wayne at a young age early in their careers and she becomes the Huntress around 15-16 being taught by Catwoman because Batman doesn't want his daughter in danger.

Uh Batwoman can stay the same just a vigilante cousin of Bruce's.

Relationships: Batman and Catwoman married, Batwoman married to her lady, Nightwing in a serious relationship with Oracle, Red Hood in a mostly sexual relationship with Starfire, Red Robin in a steady relationship with Spoiler Batgirl. Huntress in short term relationships with just random characters.

So Batman and Catwoman are in their early 40's with Bruce being in his prime, Selena being mostly retired but partially in her prime for similar reasons just not as much.
    Batwoman probably in her 30's.
    Nightwing in his late 20's.
    Red Hood in his mid-20's
    Red Robin late teens possibly just into his 20's.
    Damian 11 or 12
    Helena like 18 to 20.

Barbara in her late 20's
    Stephanie in her late teens early 20's.
    Cassandra around Barbara's age I guess?

And the future would be a bit of both DKR and Beyond. DKR can be Batman in his 60's or so still semi-active, but otherwise retired. Eventually physically unable to be Batman with any amount of technological assistance trains Terry McGuinness to be his successor.

Oh yeah Nightwing leads the original Teen Titans and the older Titans. Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Wally West, Starfire, Donna Troy, etc.
    Red Hood dies before any Titans stuff, but eventually comes back and takes over the Outsiders for Batman.
    Tim Drakes establishes a new teen titans group with younger heroes different from the old titans. Superboy, Wonder Girl, Bart Allen, etc.
    Barbara starts the Birds of Prey, takes time off after shot, and reestablishes the Birds of Prey in many incarnations.

There are ultimately two Superboys. The original leather jacket looking one who dies, and a second clone with I guess similar origin to the New 52?
    Last edited by The Doctor; 05-10-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    Year One
    Shaman
    Batman and the Monster Men
    Batman and the Mad Monk
    Prey
    The Man Who Laughs
    Gothic
    Venom
    Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Killing Joke
    Death in the Family
    A Serious House on Serious Earth
    A Lonely Place of Dying
    Birth of the Demon
    Knightfall
    Knightquest
    Knightsend
    Contagion
    Cataclysm
    No Man’s Land
    Bruce Wayne: Murderer?
    Bruce Wayne: Fugitive
    Gotham Central
    Hush
    Broken City
    War Games
    Under the Red Hood
    Heart of Hush
    Batman and Son
    Black Glove
    RIP
    Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader
    Batman Reborn
    Time and the Batman
    Batman vs Robin
    Return of Bruce Wayne
    Batman and Robin Must Die
    Batman Incorporated
    Gates of Gotham
    Black Mirror
    Court/City of Owls
    Death of the Family
    Requiem
    Batman Eternal

yeah this seems alright
    Was war games a good read? Tm thinking about picking it up

BANNED

I think that there's no real story to be told without writers messing some with established continuity. Like, Jim's Gordon's son was never a killer to me before Black Mirror, and that was the central plot of that book. What if Batman was old and came back to brutally fight crime again? Dark Knight Returns. What if Batman was a noir film? Nine Lives.

Where nothing changes stories aren't that great. The deviations from the status quo are what make Batman stuff interesting; so if there's something being upturned and people are complaining about it, I'm more on for the ride than upset.

That said, many of the TAS episodes are the basis of who I think Batman is. I'd say Morrison's stuff before Batman Inc, Snyder's stuff since. Older stuff like Grant/Breyfogle, even Milligan/Aparo, would be in.

And Dick is the current Batman in my continuity, still. I think him in the cowl would be a lot cooler than Bruce back and stuff like 'Grayson' coming out so they can capitalize on the character without making him important in any way - as much as it was blasphemous to put him in the costume in the first place, I think ditching that was a mistake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    The forum says, no. I never read it myself

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

There are stories I'm less interested in, or those I don't like, but my "continuity" is that it's all continuity. That's the beauty of a multiverse, of fiction, of alternate realities and hypertime, is whether or not it's all agreeable for me, it's all still existing and legit in that.

I think Arnoldoaad covered it best, or the simplest most efficient way I can think of
    I enjoyed the story, but be warned, you might not like what happens to Spoiler by the end of the war, especially since she was Batgirl for a while after that
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

If you're new to comics Batman you might like it. If you're familiar with comics Batman the PIS and OOC treatment of a significant portion of the cast and the reuse of plot conceits that were done better in stories like Tower of Babel will be very annoying.

Incredible Member

Untold Legend of the Batman (and many of the original issues / stories that the mini is based on, such as Detective Comics #33, and #235). May remain, for, Batman / Bruce Wayne / Thomas & Martha Wayne / Joe Chill / Lew Moxon / Harvey Harris / Alfred Pennyworth / Commissioner James Gordon / Batgirl / Barbara Gordon / Lucius Fox / Joker / Two-Face)

Batman 436-439 - Robin / Dick Grayson's Origin

Otherwise, most New Earth - New 52 (1987- ) stories / events / issues did not happen. Batman is Bruce Wayne, Robin is Dick Grayson, Batgirl is Barbara Gordon, and Catwoman, Selina Kyle, may have her own series as well, with her costume her purple / green dress.

And Batman 66' may be "untold tales" like past continuity. Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and Lee Meriwether may be considered three different women calling themselves Catwoman, with Julie Newmar model being Selina Kyle; each one may be attracted to Batman, and the heroes treats them all the same; because they are criminals.
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-12-2014 at 06:46 PM.

M.YafiszKhan

Default Continuity is All Solved!

Guys, I have literally read so much about how: NEW 52 CONTINUITY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! WAAAH! On the previous forum, I was using a friend's username, Knight12ify. I deigned making another one and decided to just read. Guys, you are completely right, continuity doesn't make sense. If people who are new to comics and are only tuning in for the New 52, don't say that, just read this post. It's to help you guys. Take Batman/Superman Annual 1, for example. It's spot on continuity doesn't work, it should take place before Forever Evil due to Warworld being in Superman loves Wonder Woman, but Superboy's presence negates that and superimposes it afterwards even though x=a so it should happen continuously after Batman/Superman. But, don't worry, take f'(x) do some researching and you get two websites: Canonology and the Real Batman Chronology Project. Want to know where stuff happens in correlation to other stuff, hit up Canonoloy, but want to know everything about Batman and the order of this universe from Year Zero? Go to the Real Batman Chronology Project. Why? It explains everything, including the new little Darkseid issue. My aforementioned friend (Singh went by Knight12ify) and the writer of the chronology project, Collin Collsher, devised an answer for that. Remember the Justice League Boom Tubes to Apokolips occasionally, and Batman doesn't like that? Guess what happened with Darkseid on a Boom Tube trip to Apokolips! So, simple answer is, hit that site up. If you find any chronology blips, let him know, but don't complain about x=a, because if you look for f'(x) my friends, you will find the derivative. Just trying to help.