BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy with both Bruce and Dick on the same team if that team was an expanded Justice League. They have similar skillsets, sure, but they have entirely different personalities and ideals and all that. If the cast is rotating around, then not only can you intentionally avoid having them both in the same arc, even if you did for an arc or two, you could easily highlight their differences and teamwork, without making either of the two look inferior. For me, a team book with big epic stories/villains and great character interactions is all I could ask for, and a JLU-type book would give us exactly that. I just don't understand why DC doesn't want to give us that.
    There is actually an easy way to do that. Just say that Bruce Wayne is unable to leave cancerous Gotham City and sends Dick in his place--just put him in the suit and send him on. Dick has frequently stood in for Bruce and since everyone expects a Batman to be in the Justice League, give them a Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    There is actually an easy way to do that. Just say that Bruce Wayne is unable to leave cancerous Gotham City and sends Dick in his place--just put him in the suit and send him on. Dick has frequently stood in for Bruce and since everyone expects a Batman to be in the Justice League, give them a Batman.
    Nope batman can be in 3 places at once he does it all the time

Mighty Member

DC needs to give the Titans some space to shine. Making them under the Justice League hampers the team.

That would be fun. If anyone on the League isn't expecting it, they'll be caught off guard by Dick's friendliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Dick definitely works better in a team setting then Bruce does, but I also think Bruce fits more naturally with the Big 7 then Dick would.
    I imagine the dynamic would be a lot like it was when Wally was one the League roster. Despite being "equals" no one can quite forget that back in the day, Wally was the kid sidekick.

So, unrelated topic but something crossed my mind today. A few pages back we were talking about Dick and jobs; the gym he's running now, the jobs he's had, the ones he (maybe) should have had, etc.

Did anyone consider professional extreme athlete? Like a "Shawn White" or "Tony Hawk" type of career? You know, X-Games type stuff. I was thinking about it, and it feels like a solid fit. Dick's supposed to be one of the best athletes in the DCU, the competitive season would give him plenty of reasons to travel, he wouldn't have a 9-5 clock to punch, and he's perfect for some serious endorsements that would finance both Nightwing and Dick Grayson, firmly removing him from needing any of Bruce's money. Plus, it has a built in excuse for why Dick is always covered in bruises and scrapes.

Sorry, just an idea that struck me I thought might be worth tossing out there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I imagine the dynamic would be a lot like it was when Wally was one the League roster. Despite being "equals" no one can quite forget that back in the day, Wally was the kid sidekick.

So, unrelated topic but something crossed my mind today. A few pages back we were talking about Dick and jobs; the gym he's running now, the jobs he's had, the ones he (maybe) should have had, etc.

Did anyone consider professional extreme athlete? Like a "Shawn White" or "Tony Hawk" type of career? You know, X-Games type stuff. I was thinking about it, and it feels like a solid fit. Dick's supposed to be one of the best athletes in the DCU, the competitive season would give him plenty of reasons to travel, he wouldn't have a 9-5 clock to punch, and he's perfect for some serious endorsements that would finance both Nightwing and Dick Grayson, firmly removing him from needing any of Bruce's money. Plus, it has a built in excuse for why Dick is always covered in bruises and scrapes.

Sorry, just an idea that struck me I thought might be worth tossing out there.
    On the one hand I could see that as a good fit. The only problem is it would potentially be a high profile visible identity that could handcuff him at times as well.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    On the one hand I could see that as a good fit. The only problem is it would potentially be a high profile visible identity that could handcuff him at times as well.
    On one hand you've got millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne who's also Batman, but the more deconstructive narrative that's proving popular among writers would show why a high profile globe trotting alter ego isn't necessarily all good. Observent people would spot that Nightwing shows up where Dick Grayson is competing, and the two don't appear together.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    On one hand you've got millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne who's also Batman, but the more deconstructive narrative that's proving popular among writers would show why a high profile globe trotting alter ego isn't necessarily all good. Observent people would spot that Nightwing shows up where Dick Grayson is competing, and the two don't appear together.
    That was my thoughts. He'd have to be wary about people putting the two together. Not to mention the similarity of both careers as far as the athleticism on display. While Bruce Wayne obviously has the resources to be Batman no one has seen him pulling moves that Batman is capable of.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

That was my thoughts. He'd have to be wary about people putting the two together. Not to mention the similarity of both careers as far as the athleticism on display. While Bruce Wayne obviously has the resources to be Batman no one has seen him pulling moves that Batman is capable of.
    I thought about that too. It's a complication....which can be a good thing. Secret identities thrive on this sort of stuff, and if Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne and Hal friggin Jordan can keep their identities under wraps, Dick can pull it off too. It'd cause him problems along the way, but that's half the fun.

As for the similarities in athleticism between the job and the mask.......you'd have to have Dick doing something that doesn't give him a chance to flip around and do all that acrobatic stuff he likes to do. So no halfpipes or long jumps. But that still leaves some options.

Anyway, Im not married to the idea or anything, but thought it might be worth tossing out there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Why not take a job as a Public Relations President or VP for Wayne Enterprises? He'd make a nice personable spokesman and nobody would expect him to punch a time clock.

Why not take a job as a Public Relations President or VP for Wayne Enterprises? He'd make a nice personable spokesman and nobody would expect him to punch a time clock.
    That would work just fine if he's in Gotham, but part of what many of the fans want is Dick out from under Bruce's shadow and thumb. Whether you like Dick in Bludhaven or not, most fans do want him out of Gotham, where he's part of a a crowd.

BANNED

That would work just fine if he's in Gotham, but part of what many of the fans want is Dick out from under Bruce's shadow and thumb. Whether you like Dick in Bludhaven or not, most fans do want him out of Gotham, where he's part of a a crowd.
    Who says that everyone working for Wayne Inc has to live in Gotham? It's a global brand. What do you think of trying a Batman Inc sort of idea where Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian all operate their Batliness out of cool cities around the world?
    Last edited by oasis1313; 01-14-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Have I mentioned professional poker player/gambler lately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Have I mentioned professional poker player/gambler lately.
    I wouldn't mind sending Dick back to college and get the flunked-out imbecile stigma off of him. Tired of him always being shown as a loser.

Who says that everyone working for Wayne Inc has to live in Gotham? It's a global brand. What do you think of trying a Batman Inc sort of idea where Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian all operate their Batliness out of cool cities around the world?
    Im not against the idea of Dick working somewhere in Wayne Enterprises, but I'd rather see Dick hold his own career. He's often been defined by his desire to get out from under Bruce's shadow and establish himself as his own man. He's refused to take Wayne money to fund Nightwing, he's held down some really low paying jobs rather than dip into a trust fund, etc.

Now, taking a position in the company is a different thing than a free hand out, true, but I'd still rather see Dick make his own way. But if the book went in this direction it wouldn't be the end of all things either.

~ Black Panther.