BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    It wasn't the worst incident in which Dick has been slapped around by his family that's for sure but it's the frequency that it happens that gets me down. At this point Bruce, Jason, Babs, Tim and Damian have all taken a cheap shot. In the case of Babs and Damian it's multiple times now. And it's always Dick. All that's left now is for Alfred to knee him in the balls, that would be the icing on the cake.
    I'm getting pretty tired of it, too. Maybe it's editorial wish fulfillment.

Mighty Member

I actually think Jason was in the right for hitting Dick. That situation was worth being angry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Depends on the reason. Ain`t nobody above an asswooping on principle.
    There was no reason i get he thought Dick was abandoning his father but that is not a good enough reason and he is a 13 yr old boy not an animal he could use his words.
    It is editorial wish fulfilment at this point because Damian doesn't go around smacking people but with Dick it's twice now. It's BS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    There was no reason i get he thought Dick was abandoning his father but that is not a good enough reason and he is a 13 yr old boy not an animal he could use his words.
    It is editorial wish fulfilment at this point because Damian doesn't go around smacking people but with Dick it's twice now. It's BS.
    Who DOESN'T smack Dick around in that family? Next time he'll get kicked by Bat-Cow.

Lying about being dead and disagreeing over the fate of your father, aren`t "vague" reasons.
    Yes, solid reasons to be angry, vague to hit your family member. We talk about comics, considering what they experience on daily basis and what they deal with regularly it's hard to imagine that smaking someone is a better option, than to use words. And, excuse me for not supporting violence against family member in any form. Especially when it happens regularly.
    Last edited by nightbird; 10-12-2017 at 01:04 AM.

BANNED

I think they should all start knocking Tim's teeth out instead of Dick's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Very manga-esque.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Toddler Dick Grayson by https://kaylabeemarie.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I actually think Jason was in the right for hitting Dick. That situation was worth being angry about.
    Based on their lives and their relationship no Jason did not have a reason to hit Dick. Jason and Dick had barely a relationship at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Who DOESN'T smack Dick around in that family? Next time he'll get kicked by Bat-Cow.
    It's disrespectful and I don't like. We all joke about it and we're becoming desensitised to it which we shouldn't.
    Someone on the Damian thread joked that since Bruce is an abuser his kids are picking up the habit. However that too isn't okay. Damian has grown a lot and he has so much respect for Dick that he wouldn't just do that infact Damian has progressed beyond a kid who lashes out violently.
    That scene was disrespectful to both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think they should all start knocking Tim's teeth out instead of Dick's.
    I would gladly pay good money to see this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Yes, solid reasons to be angry, vague to hit your family member. We talk about comics, considering what they experience on daily basis and what they deal with regularly it's hard to imagine that smaking someone is a better option, than to use words. And, excuse me for not supporting violence against family member in any form. Especially when it happens regularly.
    Ideally violence is no better and I`m not defending it but I am saying it`s human to lash out in certain situations. Jason smacking one on Dick for lying about being dead, for having Bruce lie about it as well - when he actually died, isn`t a vague thing he decided to do the moment he woke up. He felt disrespectful and within reason. Dick went as far as saying in the same Exchange he wasn`t apologizing either. Eye foraneye.

Damian...well, he`s 13. He`s afraid he`s losing his father for good and the person he trusts the most in the world seemingly thinks that rescuing his father isn`t the way to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Hey, I don`t mind Dick smacking people either. I`m democratic about it.

Ideally violence is no better and I`m not defending it but I am saying it`s human to lash out in certain situations. Jason smacking one on Dick for lying about being dead, for having Bruce lie about it as well - when he actually died, isn`t a vague thing he decided to do the moment he woke up. He felt disrespectful and within reason. Dick went as far as saying in the same Exchange he wasn`t apologizing either. Eye foraneye.

Damian...well, he`s 13. He`s afraid he`s losing his father for good and the person he trusts the most in the world seemingly thinks that rescuing his father isn`t the way to do.
    Dick was tied up and beaten and eventually murdered by Lex Luthor. The fact he was captured was televised. Jason didn't lift a finger to help him. All he did was crack jokes in Batman Eternal. He doesn't get to play hurt.

BANNED

Potato-e potato-e.

Editorial didn`t even gave him an actual funeral issue but that doesn`t detract the point Seeley was trying making in that Annual.