Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    I thought Higgins did that wonderfully with the Prankster during New 52.
    I thought it was a great take on the Prankster but it felt a little too close to Anarchy to me for some reason. Wouldn't be against it though. Odds are Prankster won't get much love from the Super-books, and the last time someone did something with him it was forgotten as soon as the writer left (Busiek, I believe it was).

Another thought I had was perhaps the Electrocutioner, Lock-Up, Black Spider, and Tarantula setting up in Bludhaven as more extreme vigilantes and you have Dick having to take them down, then they come back individually or together for revenge on Nightwing.
    I'd be game for Tarantula returning in almost any form. Lot of good stuff to work with there, considering the history. Lock-Up is a good idea too, I hadn't thought of him.

Electrocutioner should definitely return as a Nightwing foe....but only if he brings Plastique with him so we can get a return of the Bomb Squad!!

The whole Circus of the Strange fits well as a Nightwing villains.
    Why can I not remember who/what that is?

Double Dare also has that potential for a Catwoman-like pair of foes and hey it is Dick why not have two femme fatale sisters fighting over him.
    Double Dare! That was their name! I was going to mention them last night but couldn't think of what they were called. Closest I got was "Double Trouble" but that didn't sound right. And given how late it was, I didnt have it in me to Google them. But yes, they absolutely should return.

A reintroduced Lady Vic would always be exciting.
    Its a shame she's fallen into limbo. Such a fun bad guy!

A re-imagined Onomatopoeia could be a good challenge as well.
    I love that villain and wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Nightwing but I'd feel bad about it. Ollie doesn't have a lot of great villains in the first place, I feel like he's also someone who's rogues need some work and we shouldn't be poaching the few decent ones he has.

I was also wondering if there's anything left to be said with Nite-Wing, the guy Dick took under his wing during Dixon's run who ended up being a monster. I feel like his story ran its course but he had a lot of good showings back in the day......

So concerning the Court of Owls and the Talons.....obviously Dick has connections there, but could they be used as part of Dick's regular rogues gallery? I feel like maybe they're too firmly established as Bruce's villains for anything more than an occasional appearance. Or is that just me? I mean, if nothing else, I'd be down with a Talon (perhaps the one related to Dick) who decides to go rogue and hunt Dick down regardless of what the Court says.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask. I dropped Nightwing in favor of trade waiting right before Deathwing showed up, and haven't caught up on the trades (damn school and the holidays for getting in the way of my comics!) What's his deal now? Future version of Nightwing from an alternate reality? Clone? Psycho copycat? Whatever he is, he's worth keeping around just for the "evil version" factor but I cant say I know anything about his current version.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-08-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought it was a great take on the Prankster but it felt a little too close to Anarchy to me for some reason. Wouldn't be against it though. Odds are Prankster won't get much love from the Super-books, and the last time someone did something with him it was forgotten as soon as the writer left (Busiek, I believe it was).

I'd be game for Tarantula returning in almost any form. Lot of good stuff to work with there, considering the history. Lock-Up is a good idea too, I hadn't thought of him.

Electrocutioner should definitely return as a Nightwing foe....but only if he brings Plastique with him so we can get a return of the Bomb Squad!!

Why can I not remember who/what that is?

Double Dare! That was their name! I was going to mention them last night but couldn't think of what they were called. Closest I got was "Double Trouble" but that didn't sound right. And given how late it was, I didnt have it in me to Google them. But yes, they absolutely should return.

Its a shame she's fallen into limbo. Such a fun bad guy!

I love that villain and wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Nightwing but I'd feel bad about it. Ollie doesn't have a lot of great villains in the first place, I feel like he's also someone who's rogues need some work and we shouldn't be poaching the few decent ones he has.

I was also wondering if there's anything left to be said with Nite-Wing, the guy Dick took under his wing during Dixon's run who ended up being a monster. I feel like his story ran its course but he had a lot of good showings back in the day......

So concerning the Court of Owls and the Talons.....obviously Dick has connections there, but could they be used as part of Dick's regular rogues gallery? I feel like maybe they're too firmly established as Bruce's villains for anything more than an occasional appearance. Or is that just me? I mean, if nothing else, I'd be down with a Talon (perhaps the one related to Dick) who decides to go rogue and hunt Dick down regardless of what the Court says.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask. I dropped Nightwing in favor of trade waiting right before Deathwing showed up, and haven't caught up on the trades (damn school and the holidays for getting in the way of my comics!) What's his deal now? Future version of Nightwing from an alternate reality? Clone? Psycho copycat? Whatever he is, he's worth keeping around just for the "evil version" factor but I cant say I know anything about his current version.
    Circus of the Strange were Professor Pyg's lackeys when they first showed up on Morrison's Batman and Robin run. And to answer your question about Deathwing... he is connected to Professor Pyg.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Professor Pyg was a natural fit for a Nightwing villain, especially as he was pretty much a Dick (as Batman II) villain already. I've long said that the villains introduced in Morrison's run should be given to Nightwing, as he has a solid claim to a lot of them already, and they are not being used all that much in the main Batman books. Bruce already has a massive rogues gallery, and people keep adding to it. Why not have them share Dr. Hurt, and give Pyg/the Circus of the Strange, Flamingo, Dr. Dedalus and the International Club of Villains to Nightwing? Combined with some old Titans foes that could float in and out, as well as some of Seeley's better creations (Raptor of course, Deathwing, and Dr. Levictus, who was delightful and should have been used way more), and Nightwing would have a solid group of recurring villains of his own. And much like Pyg and Flamingo, maybe they could introduce present day versions of Damian's future villains: Max Roboto, the Weasel, and the name dropped but unseen Loveless, Candyman and the Sphinx.

Just don't tie him or them down to any one location; hero vs. villains one city doesn't really work for Dick, but these particular villains aren't tied down to one place either.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-08-2018 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

Please . . . not Tarantula . . . never her . . . never again . . . anything but her . . . ugh . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    Circus of the Strange were Professor Pyg's lackeys when they first showed up on Morrison's Batman and Robin run. And to answer your question about Deathwing... he is connected to Professor Pyg.
    Oh yeah! I forgot all about those guys!

They should absolutely be Nightwing foes. I mean, they sort of are already considering Dick was wearing the Bat cowl when they first showed up. And Deathwing is connected to Pyg? Man I gotta get caught up!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

With Roxy in particular I envision a very Catwoman-esque game of "cat and mouse" where she steals something and causes some mayhem and Dick chases her through town while they throw banter and flirt. Have her throw him a little help now and then, as another poster mentioned with Selina and Bruce.
    I don't know Roxy very well but I understand she gets a thrill out of taking risks. As a circus kid Dick should love taking risks too, so I think that could be a match that makes a chase between them fun. The cat-mouse could be more "I dare you to follow me through here! I dare you to do this! I dare you to climb up here! I dare you to stay on this speeding car driving off the cliff!" - they would both be getting a thrill out of the competition and a nice break for Dick from facing villains who are trying to kill him.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdp16srAX4h/

NTT homage by Phil Jimenez
    They should cancel both current Titan books and give us an NTT Rebirth, and pair Jimenez up with a writer new to the franchise who can inject some fresh ideas. Mix the best of the old (as Jimenez, the closest thing to Perez, can deliver) with some legitimately new stuff.

Oh yeah! I forgot all about those guys!

They should absolutely be Nightwing foes. I mean, they sort of are already considering Dick was wearing the Bat cowl when they first showed up. And Deathwing is connected to Pyg? Man I gotta get caught up!
    spoilers:
    The new Deathwing is one of Pyg's Dollotrons, and is on his way to recovery by the end of the story. But that doesn't have to take, and he can remain as a villain. We also get to see the old school Deathwing in a cameo as Dick gets a glimpse of his alternate universe selves.
    end of spoilers

It didn't occur to me until now, but what role, if any, would y'all give Harley if she were to be included in Dick's rogues gallery? Or do y'all think she's become too much of a solo act to work as a member of anyone else's rogues?

BANNED

You mean Harley Queen?

If Harley's too big for Batman, she's definitely too big for Nightwing.

It'd actually kind of make sense because both are sidekicks (or henchwoman) of sorts that stepped out on their own, but Harley is too insufferable for me to appreciate that similarity.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

the brothers:

Screen Shot 089.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It didn't occur to me until now, but what role, if any, would y'all give Harley if she were to be included in Dick's rogues gallery? Or do y'all think she's become too much of a solo act to work as a member of anyone else's rogues?
    She's too much of a solo act. Just like Slade, who otherwise would be a great nemesis for Dick.

That said, Im not against the idea of these two interacting on occasion. The fact that they're both former sidekicks provides a unique viewpoint that few others can understand, and I think the dynamic between them could be a lot of fun now that Harley's moved solidly into anti-hero territory.

So I wouldn't be against a guest appearance or even a brief crossover between books, but Harley's not going to be part of anyone's rogues gallery anytime soon, if ever again.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

She's too much of a solo act. Just like Slade, who otherwise would be a great nemesis for Dick.

That said, Im not against the idea of these two interacting on occasion. The fact that they're both former sidekicks provides a unique viewpoint that few others can understand, and I think the dynamic between them could be a lot of fun now that Harley's moved solidly into anti-hero territory.

So I wouldn't be against a guest appearance or even a brief crossover between books, but Harley's not going to be part of anyone's rogues gallery anytime soon, if ever again.
    I wouldn't have a problem with her dropping in now and again. She's good at unrequited love.