Page 1384 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 3848841284133413741380138113821383138413851386138713881394 ... LastLast
Results 20,746 to 20,760 of 21418

His solo is lame and written by Percy. Titans finally has a direction and a semi-interesting roster, but its still stuck with the writer that dragged it through mediocrity in the first place. I'll give it a shot but I'm not optimistic.

The only thing I'm looking forward to for Dick is his upcoming stint as Batman in Batman and hoping for a small role or even just a few lines of dialogue in Heroes in Crisis.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Dick's status quo SUCKS!!! Bludhavens back to gritty Gotham 2.0, dickxbabs will they won't they is heavy(and it will be won't), Cant get out of the BAT shadow with BATgirl as your lead supporting character for a long run especially when your own supporting cast is not there yet, he's to street level so his reach is so limited that there's no reason for him or other heroes (not named bat family) to guest star in his or there's books. It sucks.

This status quo would be fine if this was dick just starting out as nightwing and it was still 1995. But a dick that's post Dickbat/Grayson in 2018 should be beyond this.

Nightwing right now should be a full on League member, Globetrotting badass JL infiltrator of spy and crime organizations, his own man that sits at the table with the DCU premier ADULT heroes and should be really close to all 3 trinity members. guest star JL member books. have a role in events and not put tubes or tide to chairs. Be on a team with ADULT not KIDS. Have a new fresh serious love interests who's not from his robin or titans days, then chill in his alantic city bludhaven for some downtime in between Globetrotting missions.

And mostly stop being treated like he's still a sidekick and not his own man! I shouldn't have look at dick and as an Adult and say the only thing thats different from when he was a Kid sidekick to now is that he's taller and has blue his costume.

yeah he's in a disappointing spot right now.

Abnett's treatment of Dick in Titans has been embarrassing, he should be trusted by all and one of the greatest heroes, instead he is still treated like a sidekick and during the big event of No Justice was thrown into a tube by Brainiac. Now he League doesn't even trust him and have assigned a "babysitter" to his team in Justice League.

His solo was great with Seeley and besides the one shot with him rescuing Damian in Japan, his solo has been meh at best since his departure.

Not liking the direction his character is going right now. Abnett needs to go on Titans too, just please stop butchering this team.

Haven't kept up with him in awhile but I enjoyed the last 2 issues under the new writer. Apparently he's about to be Batman again for a few issues, that's not too shabby. I can't speak on the Titans stuff haven't read that yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    His team is sanctioned by the League, whatever that means, but Batman also appointed a chaperone to watch him. Who has basically done and accomplished nothing to date. So the whole thing is undercut and rather embarrassing.
    I thought Dick WAS the chaperone. As for that cover, at least Dick was on it, even if waaaaaaaayyyyyy back behind more important characters like Booster Gold. Maybe Dick is hugging Kory in that pic because the bad guy chopped her knees off. Or, on the other hand, maybe he was hugging her instead of Barbara because Kory has never had the best control over her emotions, whatever is going on in this latest Crisis has upset her, and she turned to the most comforting guy she knows.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I thought Dick WAS the chaperone. As for that cover, at least Dick was on it, even if waaaaaaaayyyyyy back behind more important characters like Booster Gold. Maybe Dick is hugging Kory in that pic because the bad guy chopped her knees off. Or, on the other hand, maybe he was hugging her instead of Barbara because Kory has never had the best control over her emotions, whatever is going on in this latest Crisis has upset her, and she turned to the most comforting guy she knows.
    Hes hugging Kory because the artist wanted to draw it lol.
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

Agreed... Dick should be the JLA’s inside man.
    Another ridiculous, undercutting concept.
    I take it Dick and Donna’s own excellent League is no longer in continuity?

I'd be up for Dick on a JL Redacted. A spy team spin off. But other then that, i don't really see any opportunity with Dick on the JL proper. I still think he should be trying to build his Titans to be a competitive alternative super team to the JL. Though of course Titans is dog poop, and Abnett's has been flat out terrible for the Titans and Dick especially, that right now he'd be better off with no team then on the Titans. Which is just sad...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-15-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Honestly, I think the Titans brand has too much stink on it now to become anything close to a League alternative. Too many fans within the community have come to expect nothing but average (at best) quality from the name and far too many assume it won't even reach "average" levels. We love what the Titans used to be, and we love what the Titans could, in theory, become again, but no one really loves what they are now.

If Nightwing is going to build a team that can truly compete with the League, either in sales or in-universe, it can't be the Titans right now. Much like Hawkman in the 90's, the Titans brand has build a negative reputation and should probably be put on the shelf for a few years until the stank wears off.

Give Dick a new team, with either a new, original name or a name that doesn't immediately make fans cringe and wonder how bad it'll get this time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Save for Suicide Squad, the TT/Titans are the only other DC super team that even really has a brand. They can't just put on the self when at the same time they are making TV shows with it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-15-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Fantastic Member

DC can't put the Titans away. As much as, fans here would like to believe, the brand is popular outside the realm of the comic books and thriving. It's doing really well. The only problem with the brand is only in comics. This is because, they probably have very bad editors, who doesn't give a damn about the brand.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think retiring the Titans brand for a few years until a legitimately good new proposal comes along is a sound idea.

Regardless of how strong it is in outside media, that's not going to translate to comic sales. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not gonna get much (if any) sales boost when their new movies come out, the Titans will be no different.

Titans sales arent even bad though.

I said it in another thread already, but Titans is basically the X-Men Gold of DC

The titans will never be alternative to the league, because Dc sells the league on being the big guns, the premier team with the premier heroes, there the major leagues the titans are the juniors. The titans only work as teens and the youngest generation.