D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not to say he wouldn't be fun on the team, though I think he'd work better without Bruce in it as well.
    I do agree with that. At least I'd would much rather see Dick on the team without Bruce being involved in the story he's in.

Of course, it probably helps that there are older members of the team who I would rather see back then I do seeing Dick on the team.
    Honestly, there isn't any reason Dick couldn't become a member if they expanded the roster of the JL. (Something like Justice League Unlimited.) If they did that then older members could make a return and maybe they could add some new ones at the same time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I just don't really feel the need to see Dick in the Justice League.

That's not to say he wouldn't be fun on the team, though I think he'd work better without Bruce in it as well.

Of course, it probably helps that there are older members of the team who I would rather see back then I do seeing Dick on the team.
    I know it'll never happen, but I'd be perfectly fine with Nightwing replacing Batman in the League.

Dick's a better team player, a better leader, has as much experience dealing with superhuman threats, and is just as capable a fighter (though he does lack the endless supply of gadgets and toys). He's not nearly as skilled a tactician or scientist, but that just means Diana and Barry get to do more stuff.

I prefer Bruce when he's just focused entirely on Gotham, or at most using the Outsiders to do his dirty work beyond city limits.

It'll never happen, but I'd be quite happy to see it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know it'll never happen, but I'd be perfectly fine with Nightwing replacing Batman in the League.

Dick's a better team player, a better leader, has as much experience dealing with superhuman threats, and is just as capable a fighter (though he does lack the endless supply of gadgets and toys). He's not nearly as skilled a tactician or scientist, but that just means Diana and Barry get to do more stuff.

I prefer Bruce when he's just focused entirely on Gotham, or at most using the Outsiders to do his dirty work beyond city limits.

You've got my vote. Besides, isn't Batman in another league...?

BANNED

I'd agree for your listed reasons here. It seems to me unlikely that he has time for anything outside Gotham City and he isn't exactly a team player. BUT the Justice League is the team for the A-Listers and Batman is certainly that.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd agree for your listed reasons here. It seems to me unlikely that he has time for anything outside Gotham City and he isn't exactly a team player. BUT the Justice League is the team for the A-Listers and Batman is certainly that.
    Exactly. We won't see Nightwing on the main League any time soon, and probably never.

But I dunno why they can't drop him on a side team. Sure, Orlando needed Batman to pull in sales for JLA, but you'd think that once a book gets off the ground and can sustain itself, a writer could shift Batman out and put Nightwing in his place. Of course, DC would have to admit that the NTT reunions won't work and free Dick up from that team too.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

but it could work! All you'd have to do is merge Titans,JL and JLA together. then have superman, batman and wonder woman be the leader of each one of the teams with a mixed fresh roster of the 3 team. with the trinity together in trinity. let the titans brand be for teen titans.

Than you'll have your JLU spilt between 3 books All big league know JV teams. one team lead by wonder woman/nightwing one by superman/black canary and one by batman/Martian manhunter.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-11-2018 at 07:44 PM.

You have some wacky DickShips
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I prefer Bruce when he's just focused entirely on Gotham,
    or at most using the Outsiders to do his dirty work beyond city limits.

I personally prefer a Bruce who's not as obsessed purely with Gotham.

Crime doesn't begin and end in one city, so you can't really wage a war against crime if you limit yourself like that.

Mighty Member

Crime doesn't begin and end in one city, so you can't really wage a war against crime if you limit yourself like that.
    Most agree, he fights crime outside Gotham even with the Justice League and goes to other places.

I agree with this, but I still think Dick fits with the league better than Batman does, who I could see being an outside consultant.

Eh, agree to disagree. Or....I dunno, we're not even disagreeing, we just like a slightly different focus on our Batman.

Im fine with Bruce dealing with stuff outside of Gotham. An alien invasion is going to end up inside Gotham's borders, so he'd rather tackle it before it arrives. But I do think Gotham should be his first priority, every time all the time.

But then, I like a little more crazy in my Batman than a lot of people here, so I'd rather he be a little unbalanced in the first place.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    but it could work! All you'd have to do is merge Titans,JL and JLA together. then have superman, batman and wonder woman be the leader of each one of the teams with a mixed fresh roster of the 3 team. with the trinity together in trinity. let the titans brand be for teen titans.

Than you'll have your JLU spilt between 3 books All big league know JV teams. one team lead by wonder woman/nightwing one by superman/black canary and one by batman/Martian manhunter.
    IMHO, DC puts too much emphasis on its "Trinity"--Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. They should have more A-list characters and they would if they went Marvel's route of concentrating on different lines of books instead of those three characters. They're sort of trying, with the upcoming New Universe stuff, but we all KNOW how this experiment will turn out.

Nah. I think DC's focus on the Trinity works better. The only Marvel character who comes close to their popularity is Spider-Man. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are cultural icons. Their logos are commonplace on apparel and merchandise. Marvel doesn't have that.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'd be perfectly happy with both Bruce and Dick on the same team if that team was an expanded Justice League. They have similar skillsets, sure, but they have entirely different personalities and ideals and all that. If the cast is rotating around, then not only can you intentionally avoid having them both in the same arc, even if you did for an arc or two, you could easily highlight their differences and teamwork, without making either of the two look inferior. For me, a team book with big epic stories/villains and great character interactions is all I could ask for, and a JLU-type book would give us exactly that. I just don't understand why DC doesn't want to give us that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I agree with this, but I still think Dick fits with the league better than Batman does, who I could see being an outside consultant.
    I think Dick definitely works better in a team setting then Bruce does, but I also think Bruce fits more naturally with the Big 7 then Dick would.