Page 32 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642821325321032 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

It's really nice to see Dick getting some cool covers. Thanks DC.

BANNED

Gorgeous cover. Maybe Batman is just on it to help sell the book as it hopefully finds its footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post

Grayson #1 by JOCK

If i wasn't so bitter toward Batman I would really love this cover.

Edit: BATMAN 75 THEME MONTH VARIANT COVERS
    Love it

Amazing Member

I'm cautiously looking forwards to "Grayson", I like the character enough to not care what kind of spandex he wears. And I really like the new (what I assume to be) Helena Bertinelli. It's a great example of a racelift done right.

Amazing Member

I'm also really looking forward to this book and even though it is unlikely i hope this new direction sticks. Everything I have heard from interviews seems pretty perfect and that last section of Nightwing 30 was pretty awesome.

BANNED

Grayson #1 by JOCK

I like the cover, It's stylish and fits Grayson. I like to believe that Batman is Dick in this and not Bruce.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Grayson #1 by JOCK

That's really nice, even if Bruce is honoring Judge Dredd's scowl.

I'm going to give Grayson a try. Not having any history with Dick's character will be a benefit for me.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    That's really nice, even if Bruce is honoring Judge Dredd's scowl.

I'm going to give Grayson a try. Not having any history with Dick's character will be a benefit for me.
    Actually, it probably won't seeing as how this story is a continuation of Batman Incorporated and the Spyral agency.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Actually, it probably won't seeing as how this story is a continuation of Batman Incorporated and the Spyral agency.
    But those kinds of things are easy to catch up on -- just Google. Meanwhile, not having preconceived notions about Dick's character, what he should and should not do or look like or think, could help make the comic enjoyable.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    I don't see it as being a problem for someone that isn't aware of those two things though. I'm coming at this without having read much of Batman, Inc. myself (not a fan of Morrison to be honest) and don't think I'll have trouble following along here.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Really looking forward to Grayson starting. Hopefully it delivers on it's promise to elevate the character to where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    But those kinds of things are easy to catch up on -- just Google. Meanwhile, not having preconceived notions about Dick's character, what he should and should not do or look like or think, could help make the comic enjoyable.
    Indeed. If I like the comic, I'll research a bit more. Lately, I've been finding the less I know going into a comic or character I'm not well versed in, the more I enjoy the character.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Indeed. If I like the comic, I'll research a bit more. Lately, I've been finding the less I know going into a comic or character I'm not well versed in, the more I enjoy the character.
    I feel the same myself. I enjoy the characters I know well but I also like being able to try out characters that I either had no interest in before or who are completely new ones. Takes me back to when I first started reading comics and everything was new to me, which is why I took the reboot as an opportunity to explore other corners of the DCU that I hadn't found very interesting to me before. I also find myself doing the same with Marvel titles recently. When I started reading comics I knew almost nothing about the characters or books I was interested in except that I wanted to give them a try and it's very rare nowadays that I get to experience that anymore. I imagine that's where your coming from.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

Same here. I have been trying to be more open in regards to different writers interpretation of a character that I'm familiar with. I think it allows the writers to play with different aspects of a character without worrying about fans crying this character wouldn't do this or that. I think that's why things have gotten to this point with Dick. He was to type cast as the golden boy who would never do this or never do that. In my opinion that doesn't allow a writer much room to explore with. It made the character very predictable which can be boring in some ways. Grayson has the potential to add more dimension and depth to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I feel the same myself. I enjoy the characters I know well but I also like being able to try out characters that I either had no interest in before or who are completely new ones. Takes me back to when I first started reading comics and everything was new to me, which is why I took the reboot as an opportunity to explore other corners of the DCU that I hadn't found very interesting to me before. I also find myself doing the same with Marvel titles recently. When I started reading comics I knew almost nothing about the characters or books I was interested in except that I wanted to give them a try and it's very rare nowadays that I get to experience that anymore. I imagine that's where your coming from.
    In a way, yes this is where I'm coming from. The spy angle is bait for me and I like the artist too. If I enjoy the book and Dick, great. That's all I want really.