Page 673 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636696706716726736746756766776837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 21418
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    The story is very meta about how Nightwing identity restricts Dick, including Dick/Babs relationship. Hopefully it means a reconstruction is in order. Though I have to admit Raptor is a bit too on the nose about it.

The problem is that Wolfman/Perez era has been repeated to DEATH. And it failed to recapture of the old magic every time. They are going back to basics and I'm all for it. Bumblebee is on her way with Herald, Hawk & Dove etc. will all appear so I'm set.

For Dick, yeah. I think Abnett needs to put Wally & Dick's relationship at center for this arc. There will be a crossover coming up with Deathstroke soon so Dick will get his time to shine too eventually.
    Yep, I say give the NTT lineup a rest for now. Using the Silver Age team was a great idea, it has characters in common with Wolfmans run but is still fresh and new and gives other characters a chance to be great. I would like to see the NTT lineup again several years from now, but what we've got at the moment is perfect.

I read Nightwing Rebirth and the first two issues of his new series. I like the way he's being portrayed. He kind of reminds me of a lighter Deadpool, in a way, with the sarcasm/humor.

BANNED

They're drawing Garth and Dick too close alike. I think Garth should grow a beard. As I recall from the first run of the book, an old guy willed his farm in Hatton Corners to the Titans because he had no other children now that the demon-chile was gone, and he asked the Titans to be his heirs. Maybe the Titans could hang around Hattons' corners as their superhero playpark ,

Joybean's posted this Crossing Back in the Tec' discussion, and they have a interesting article about the Nightwing and Titans.
    http://www.nerdspan.com/rebirth-cros...htwing-titans/

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Joybean's posted this Crossing Back in the Tec' discussion, and they have a interesting article about the Nightwing and Titans.
    http://www.nerdspan.com/rebirth-cros...htwing-titans/
    I think that this or a similar article was posted in both this and the Titans thread. I think that it is a pretty good review pf Nightwing, but doesn't quite get Titans. The reviewer seems to expect the Wolfman-Perez Titans and discounts the book for not having Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven rather than accepting that this is a different iteration of the Titans. Ironically, they then complain that it is stuck in its past and cannot live up to the Perez-Wolfman run.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Oh hey, Nightwing was in the the top 10.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...-fewer-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh hey, Nightwing was in the the top 10.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...-fewer-comics/
    Wow. He's in some pretty illustrious company there as well. Only a Marvel Crossover event and Batman and Lustice League beat him (with New Superman also beating #1). Not. Bad.

Hopefully those two being the weaker issues won't hurt this month's sales.

I picked up DC Showcase Presents: Robin the other day one a whim, and I was immensely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't really that familiar with Dick's stint at Hudson University, and I'm left with a few impressions and questions:

-It was neat to read Dick Grayson growing up and leaving home, finding his own identity

-While the storytelling was a bit simple and dated, the simplicity of the era was appealing (no supervillains, civilian supporting cast (which I thought I disliked until now.) and a smaller Batfamily with a greater focus on detective work than action and gadgets)

-There's more precedent for a politically active Dick than I realized.

-Did Dick attend Hudson for any duration post-Flashpoint?

-Is the rest of his time at Hudson collected? There isn't a second volume.

-What are your thoughts about this time between Dick being Batman's sidekick and becoming Nightwing?
    Last edited by Pohzee; 08-13-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I picked up [i]DC Showcase Presents: -Did Dick attend Hudson for any duration post-Flashpoint?
    It was sofar not referenced, but it is anyway not really clearly defined what Dick did between quitting as Robin and and the start of the new 52. And Titans Hunt and Rebirth are anyway rewriting this time.

But with the 5 year timeline it will be quite hard have him as Robin in Hudson University, maybe as Nightwing.

But if we are allready discussing the old stuff, I recently learned that back in the 60s in "Worlds' Finest" Jimmy Olsen occasionally joined the Superman, Batman and Robin team, learned Dicks and Bruce secret identity and Dick and Jimmy had their own secret hideout called the "Eyrie", was this friendship between Dick and Jimmy ever acknowledged after the silver age?
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-13-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

So Dick did really well for himself! I mean, only Justice League (which is crap btw, so I expect it to drop a decent bit once the first arc's done) and Batman beat him! And, I mean, duh they would. Civil War II is an event, so I don't really count it. So... Dick is the third-best selling ongoing from DC, and the second-best solo? Dickie boy did alright for himself!

Tsuchigumo Bro.jpg
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    So Dick did really well for himself! I mean, only Justice League (which is crap btw, so I expect it to drop a decent bit once the first arc's done) and Batman beat him! And, I mean, duh they would. Civil War II is an event, so I don't really count it. So... Dick is the third-best selling ongoing from DC, and the second-best solo? Dickie boy did alright for himself!

Tsuchigumo Bro.jpg
    Ya.. I never thought I would see the day when a Nightwing book would do over 100,000K.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I like Raptor's OPness because of how absurd it is, with the shark attractant its like batman 66 played straight.

As for Dick/Babs, I'm not usually a fan because its a constant case of will they / won't they, but I liked it here. Enough that however it goes I don't want it to be dramatic, either go for it or don't.
    I liked it mroe here because it wasn't played as serious drama like when he first showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Any thoughts on Titans #1? Dick didn't have much to do in the issue unfortunately. But a good bit of it took place in his loft in Gotham, which hasnt yet been mentioned in his solo yet.

Honestly, I wasn't super thrilled with it. Glad to have Wally back, and Dick and Wally have been mentioned as best friends, which I love. I'm personally bummed they went with a fab5 era titans, which feels VERY jr Justice League. I'd rather, if they wanted to bring something back, they go with the Wolfman/Perez era lineup. That felt a little more removed at least, and all of those characters exist now (though, you'd need a replacement for Cyborg). I'm also cautiously optimistic that the team will be dealing directly with the Rebirth, and thus the will have some sort of specific purpose.

I still am baffled that DC is ignoring how popular CN's Young Justice was with comic book fans. You have Dick Grayson, a popular hero who, for the past 2 or 3 years, has been undercover and becoming the world's greatest spy. You also have a tragically cancelled and beloved TV show, featuring said character and other young heroes being the team that can operate "on the sly" for (to quote Dick Grayson from season 1 episode 3) "covert missions... ya know, spy stuff." Finally, you have an entire, historically iconic line of comics that has been strugging for the past decade or so, in need of a new direction. This really just seems to good to be true. It writes itself. The Titans as team of covert operatives, handling the missions too delicate for the Justice League to openly address due to their fame. Write it and take my money.
    Somehow got unsubscribed from the thread, so didn't see this, but wanna give my two cents.

Titans is solid for the "fixing things" stuff, but beyond that, it's nothing amazing. It's good for reestablishing Wally and all his relationships, but as a result of that admittedly smart and logical move, everyone else really revolves around him. It's fine for now, but I hope it doesn't stay that way. Everyone seems to think Wally will get his own solo by the end of next year anyway, and that's probably for the best so Donna, Roy and Garth can get more focus. I mean, Donna might as well just be a fresh start since her pre-Rebirth version was HATED, Roy needs to get a proper history (I think it STILL hasn't been revealed why he and Ollie split, but it's hinted to be very, very major) and wash away all the Lobdelling, and Garth... he needs SOMETHING to do. Tula gets more focus than he does in Aquaman, not that I mind that since I really like Post-Flashpoint Tula, and Garth just... what's his point? In Titans Hunt, his proud warrior thing voerlapped with Donna. In Titans his... I don't even know, really laid back personality (?) overlaps with Roy. It seems Abnett is moving Donna away from the proud warrior thing, so he can fill that role, I guess. It makes more sense for him anyway, seeing as Donna's origin is likely going to be changed, given how the Amazons are being revamped.

The secret black ops thing... eh. I wasn't big on it in YJ (it felt really forced a lot of the time), and I'd much rather the Titans be a more grounded Justice League. They seemingly are, with how close the team is shown to be, in contrast to the Justice League barely being friends, Batman and NuSupes aside (and even THAT'S gone now). So a more grounded, approachable team is good for me. They're the Justice League that hangs out together and just do normal work together, like Roy gathering intel. They're like the nice team you can go to for help with problems that aren't hugely multiverse threatening.

A big part of the stealth thing that bothers me is: what would the threats be that the League can't handle because of fame? If it's like YJ, it has to be contrived things that make the League unavailable EVERY. TIME. And if it's something that would ruin their rep... what would that be and why would the Titans handle it better? I mean, if they're discovered, they are very obviously tied to the Justice League. And if it relies on them not being discovered... just get the League. I feel it'd be really contrived that whatever threat the Titans go up against could somehow distract every Leaguer, or that they could put a plan into motion so quickly during a crisis the League in handling.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

See those sales? I knew there was nothing to worry about. Titans is selling well too, hopefully it will be better once Wally gets his solo.

I'm more interested in seeing Deathstroke's possible return to Dick's rogues gallery.

BANNED

Nightwing is back, with a vengeance! And the series is actually good so it will probably sustain its initial sales better than Hitch's Justice League. Kneel before Grayson!

And I'm sure Titans will pick up, I felt a lot of potential in the 1st issue even though it wasn't spectacular on its own.