Page 323 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 2232733133193203213223233243253263273333734238231323 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 21418
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think what people are forgetting about the whole Dick undercover mission is that it might have been Batman's idea to send him there and that his mission might be over but Spyral is not. You don't just walk out of an espionage organisation and Spyral actually lured Dick into their web. They wanted him. They won’t let him go just because that’s his plan.
    He's Batman's original Robin. He's been trained by the best, to beat the best. if he wants out I'm pretty sure he could find a way.

All I'm saying is, DC should acknowledge that what Dick would do in this situation is take back the cowl. So they should acknowledge that and then give a damn good reason why he would chose to let Gordon and the GCPD go ahead with the Robobat idea.

Amazing Member

Don't think he knows about BatGordon yet, or Bruce's fate. He just isn't able to communicate with Bruce, which is probably pretty normal, considering Batman can go missing for long periods of time on missions. He doesn't have a clear reason to go back yet from his standpoint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Don't think he knows about BatGordon yet, or Bruce's fate. He just isn't able to communicate with Bruce, which is probably pretty normal, considering Batman can go missing for long periods of time on missions. He doesn't have a clear reason to go back yet from his standpoint.
    Uhm, Batman's fate is common knowledge in the DCU. It's on news channels!

Unless of course the Grayson book is lagging behind on current events.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    He's Batman's original Robin. He's been trained by the best, to beat the best. if he wants out I'm pretty sure he could find a way.

All I'm saying is, DC should acknowledge that what Dick would do in this situation is take back the cowl. So they should acknowledge that and then give a damn good reason why he would chose to let Gordon and the GCPD go ahead with the Robobat idea.
    I would not be so sure about that after all Agent 0, who is spoilers:
    Kathy Kane
    end of spoilers manipulated Bruce too and it was frequently explained in earlier continuities that she is smarter than Bruce.

Considering that both Batman and comics like Batgirl play several weeks or even months after Bruce death Grayson could certainly take place earlier than those events.

Astonishing Member

Well and, of course, there's no reason for Dick to think that Bruce is actually dead. I mean, for one thing, he isn't. For another, the news has been wrong before.

Although they've said that "why Dick isn't running back to be Batman again" will be addressed coming up. Batman And Robin Eternal seems a good place for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Well and, of course, there's no reason for Dick to think that Bruce is actually dead. I mean, for one thing, he isn't. For another, the news has been wrong before.

Although they've said that "why Dick isn't running back to be Batman again" will be addressed coming up. Batman And Robin Eternal seems a good place for it.
    I've suspected, and my current ordering reflects, that Grayson season 2 so far has essentially been the "first chronological event" after Endgame. I also figure probably Robin: Son of Batman is one of the opening acts, because eventually we'll want to see Damian pause from his kung-fu travels and globe-hopping penance and get back to Gotham to figure out what's what with the whole Bruce thing. And maybe to relay some important Al Ghul related news.

So, easily enough yeah, I've been figuring that Dick & Damian's current bits are set before Superheavy starts. And just about everything else takes place after.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I've suspected, and my current ordering reflects, that Grayson season 2 so far has essentially been the "first chronological event" after Endgame. I also figure probably Robin: Son of Batman is one of the opening acts, because eventually we'll want to see Damian pause from his kung-fu travels and globe-hopping penance and get back to Gotham to figure out what's what with the whole Bruce thing. And maybe to relay some important Al Ghul related news.

So, easily enough yeah, I've been figuring that Dick & Damian's current bits are set before Superheavy starts. And just about everything else takes place after.
    Makes sense to me. Isn't there am explicit timeskip between the final issue of "Endgame" and the first of "Superheavy"? Easy to think this - so far very short period - of "Batman's not picking up, and Luthor's started to notice he isn't around" falls in there.

Yeah the Dick is sexy stuff needs to be toned down and they should focus more on moving the plot forward. I am thinking that something major should happen in the next issue that compels him to go back to Gotham in #12 but then Agent Zero comes along and pulls him back into the spiders web for #13.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Yeah the Dick is sexy stuff needs to be toned down and they should focus more on moving the plot forward. I am thinking that something major should happen in the next issue that compels him to go back to Gotham in #12 but then Agent Zero comes along and pulls him back into the spiders web for #13.
    Oh, I don't think he needs much further inducement to go back to Gotham. If Bruce doesn't answer soon and his mission, after all, is over, then he'll head home to see what the blazes is going on. The inducement is probably going to have to come in the form of some kind of incentive to return to Spyral. The solicit for issue #13 says he is now tracking down information about Agent Zero on a mission all his own. That implies something happens to bring Agent Zero to his attention (remember, as far as we know he is not even aware of her yet) in a very personal way.

The other tricky thing coming up (well, aside from the resolution of the whole "death" thing which is probably going to involve a great deal of hand waving and throat clearing) is the timing and continuity of Batman and Robin Eternal. This is going to be a globetrotting adventure where he is the lead in partnership with many of the other bats. That implies he will be operating independently of Spyral to a large extent for rather extended stretches. So, how are they going to handle that? Is Grayson going to skip forward and pick up after BRE like Batman did with the original Eternal? Is Dick just going to work a deal with Spyral where he becomes a more-or-less independent contractor? Or will the two books just sort of nod at each other and agree not to ask awkward questions? And that does not even take into account how Titans Hunt will (or won't) fit into all of this.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 07-28-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Well, clearly Spyral doesn't mind him taking time off to visit Gotham seeing as it's only a 5 hour killer orca ride away. It might even come to the point where Spyral doesn't even care that he's visiting the Batfamily. The only thing Dick was hiding from Spyral was his messages to Bruce, and now Bruce is gone.

Incredible Member

I think Spyral are moving away from collecting hero's identities in order to have control over them into proctecting hero's from having their identities used against them, so maybe Dick getting in with the bats again is something they'd encourage. (At least, that's what i took from the preview, so feel free to correct.)
    Last edited by HellHere; 07-28-2015 at 10:59 AM.

In Batman Inc. V. 2 all that Kathy wanted was that Batman does not get in her way. She also stated in that book that Bruce has always needed Dick and she encourages him and Tim to help Bruce. Given that she wants Dick in Spyral and her only having issues with the Bat and his allies when they get in her way it would allow her rather simply to be alright with Dick visiting the Bats. One reason could also be that he is pissed off because of their ties to LexCorp and Spyral lets him go for the time being before he can completely shut them off.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I think the Futures End issue is up there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    That Futures End Issue was really something special. One of the best hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The FE issue was a classic too.
    yeah good call.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Oh, I don't think he needs much further inducement to go back to Gotham. If Bruce doesn't answer soon and his mission, after all, is over, then he'll head home to see what the blazes is going on. The inducement is probably going to have to come in the form of some kind of incentive to return to Spyral. The solicit for issue #13 says he is now tracking down information about Agent Zero on a mission all his own. That implies something happens to bring Agent Zero to his attention (remember, as far as we know he is not even aware of her yet) in a very personal way.

The other tricky thing coming up (well, aside from the resolution of the whole "death" thing which is probably going to involve a great deal of hand waving and throat clearing) is the timing and continuity of Batman and Robin Eternal. This is going to be a globetrotting adventure where he is the lead in partnership with many of the other bats. That implies he will be operating independently of Spyral to a large extent for rather extended stretches. So, how are they going to handle that? Is Grayson going to skip forward and pick up after BRE like Batman did with the original Eternal? Is Dick just going to work a deal with Spyral where he becomes a more-or-less independent contractor? Or will the two books just sort of nod at each other and agree not to ask awkward questions? And that does not even take into account how Titans Hunt will (or won't) fit into all of this.
    We never know these things with semi-related titles until they end, but I'm interested how it'll shake out, too. That said, with Seeley and King part and parcel of Eternal 2 and Robin War, I suspect their Grayson handling will be pretty organic with you know, "Grayson" the title.

With Titans Hunt we may only ever see Dick in flashback form!

Incentive to return to Spyral shouldn't be hard for Kathy to conjure.

And in very related news, how rad is that Batgirl Annual preview where we get Babs & Helena teamed up again for the first time since 2011? I'm not saying that Babs & Dinah and Helena Wayne wasn't a cute move by Simone during her Knightfall closeout, or even that Helena Bertinelli is quite the same Helena B. we left behind at Flashpoint, but you know, that preview gave me some pangs. Some strong pangs.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Can anyone provide me with a list of "essential" Dick Grayson stories?

I have been loving Grayson & enjoyed much of the New 52 Nightwing.

I want to read more, but not really sure where to start or what stories are worth tracking down.