Page 829 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198258268278288298308318328338398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    A POC shouldn't play Dick. Dick is vanilla skinned . A lot of Romani people are vanilla skinned. This is getting ridiculous. Race bending isn't cool.
    It's not about bending his race, his race isn't important to his character whatsoever. It's about choosing the best actor. I mean, Henry Cavill is British, should he be barred from playing an American character like Clark? A POC could play Dick, doesn't mean they have to like some are suggesting in "preserving" the character and him being of Romani descent, but saying that one shouldn't is dumb. [I actually went into a bit of a rant about Hollywood here, but I took that out because it's largely irrelevant.] Being Romani isn't even important to Dick's character, it's really just part of Mary Grayson's and Raptor's. His race shouldn't matter at all, so I believe a POC should be allowed to play his character.

Of course, I agree that if he was going to be Romani, he could definitely be white (makes complete sense). I also think that they shouldn't be trying to prioritize Romani descent in their search for actors, that's just pretty dumb. Of course, he has not one, but two, parents. One could be of Romani descent and one could be of South Asian descent or half-Chinese and it could still make sense. I mean, they are both acrobats in a world-travelling circus, it's not like Black people can't be acrobats or in the circus.

---

Also, I actually had no idea Ventimiglia was so old, he just looked really cool in one episode of This Is Us that I caught on TV. I haven't heard many people comment on Matthew Daddario, how do you guys feel about him? He's 29, so he's good, but I've never seen him in anything so I can't judge his acting ability, his acrobatic ability, nor the size of his posterior. (Speaking of posteriors, you guys should check out Nicola Scott's tweets on #NightwingCasting, they're pretty funny).

There was also this, from Chris McKay on Nightwing. He seems to get that as much as Dick has lived with Bruce and trained enough with Bruce to be a badass, he also grew up in a circus in a lower class than Bruce and that he's a nice guy that loves people. He mentioned that he likes he's not a playboy and loves Bruce in spite of what Bruce put him through as a kid. I definitely think McKay's got this, and actually his thoughts feel very similar to Seeley's. Also, he actually hasn't signed a contract or anything, but considering he actually talked about Dick when he was asked shows that everything we've heard up until now is legit and not just rumours (in case you didn't believe).

Edit: Found a summary of it. Again, feels a lot like what Seeley thinks about Dick's circus upbringing, although it's not like he goes as far as to reference Robin Hood here. The article skips the playboy and loves people stuff though.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 02-26-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I usually don't take Bruce growing up in privilege as having that much of an effect on his personality or becoming Batman compared to, say, other elements in his life like his parent's death and his training. When it comes down to it his money and status are just means to an end for him most of the time, though I guess in some ways they also proved invaluable in his becoming Batman.

The stuff with Dick is spot-on though.

Daddario isn't bad, I saw him in a few movies but nothing big or outstanding. He has potential, the most important part about him are his looks anyway that's why he is a popular choice among the young actors. It is almost impossible to find someone as good looking as Dick irl but Daddario is close enough I guess. Anyway I don't really care as long as they cast someone who understands the character and can act.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Edit: Found a summary of it. Again, feels a lot like what Seeley thinks about Dick's circus upbringing, although it's not like he goes as far as to reference Robin Hood here. The article skips the playboy and loves people stuff though.
    What I have noticed about the article is the comment section lmao what a mess
    Last edited by ayanestar; 02-26-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Daddario isn't bad, I saw him in a few movies but nothing big or outstanding. He has potential, the most important part about him are his looks anyway that's why he is a popular choice among the young actors. It is almost impossible to find someone as good looking as Dick irl but Daddario is close enough I guess. Anyway I don't really care as long as they cast someone who understands the character and can act.

What I have noticed about the article is the comment section lmao what a mess
    I see, not bad, then. I guess it'll come down to his passion for the character, I guess.

I just read the first comment in that article, and damn, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I usually don't take Bruce growing up in privilege as having that much of an effect on his personality or becoming Batman compared to, say, other elements in his life like his parent's death and his training. When it comes down to it his money and status are just means to an end for him most of the time, though I guess in some ways they also proved invaluable in his becoming Batman.

The stuff with Dick is spot-on though.
    I didn't really think about what he said because I skimmed over it to read the parts about Dick. I agree with you completely. It's just that Dick having less money as a child plays into who he is when he grows up. Seeley took that and showed it in two ways. One, that he has a bit of a Robin Hood thing going on, and two, that he prefers to be independent. So I imagine that's the kinda stuff McKay was getting at and what I was comparing to Seeley's ideas with. Not sure what exactly he was saying when it comes to Bruce, maybe that he isn't "self-made" when it comes to wealth and so he feels less accomplished or something than Dick felt at the circus? That still sounds weird, idk.

So supposedly the next Arkham game from WB Montreal will be another prequel, Batman: Arkham Insurgency, focusing on Batman and Robin fighting the Court of Owls.

Dick is also Robin in the game and it will emphasize the co-op/team-up gameplay of the fights in Arkham Knight.

Thoughts?

Mighty Member

So supposedly the next Arkham game from WB Montreal will be another prequel, Batman: Arkham Insurgency, focusing on Batman and Robin fighting the Court of Owls.

Dick is also Robin in the game and it will emphasize the co-op gameplay of the fights in Arkham Knight.

Thoughts?
    Anything that makes "Batman and Robin" a thing after its decades-long falling out of mainstream favour is good by me!

Dick is also Robin in the game and it will emphasize the co-op/team-up gameplay of the fights in Arkham Knight.

Thoughts?
    Sounds great but I can't play any games right now or in the future lmao so it's kinda pointless for me but it sounds fun for sure and who knows I could play it after my graduation or it will be released till then, which would be even better It's easy to make me buy things if Dick is involved especially as Robin lmao

BANNED

Thoughts?
    No objections there. If it turns out well I'd like another prequel in the future with Dick as Nightwing and Tim as Robin in his early days. I'd much rather play this than the rumored Damian Wayne as Batman game.

Thoughts?
    It's based on a Reddit thread and is most likely a hoax.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    It's based on a Reddit thread and is most likely a hoax.
    Well nowadays any source can turn out to be accurate so...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    In what country of this planet is 5`10 "pretty short"?
    Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Red-blooded 'Merica.
    Red-blooded 'Merica's misconceptions fueled by Hollywood heightism, actually. (And it's even much worse in superhero comics - less so in the stats given in the official guides of yore but very much so in the actual "idealized" art of the 90s an 00s in particular; muscles aren't the only aspect that suddenly exploded in size.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I am going with cody Christian, He fit fits the bill physically and is a good age to start the role
    Actually too young for Dick in the DCEU (and too old for Tim, let alone Damian). Well, who knows when they'll get around to actually filming it, I guess. More importantly, he'd have to completely overhaul his body type - currently too much mass, not enough definition. Also, I might be wrong, but isn't he actually fairly small? Which is Tim's and Damian's shtick, not Dick's or Jay's. You know what? The GIF made me think that Dylan Sprayberry would probably make a good newbie Tim if they hurry (and he got rid of his silly sideburns) - and yes, I realize that would imply a genetic relation between him and the House of El.

Speaking of which, "gymnast's body" is a very indeterminate description. Most Olympic gymnastics disciplines result in stronger developed arms than legs (at times obscenely so), but that isn't equally true across the board. More relevantly, I believe trapeze artists steer in the same direction but slightly less so since they do use their legs more. But either way, adult Dick is more than that - he chases and kicks people, so physically a dedicated freerunner and martial artist would be ideal.

And for looks vs. skills in casting: As long as they don't go with Adam Driver as Nerdist stated was a rumor for BvS... Sorry, but no, absolutely not. *shudders*
    Last edited by twincast; 02-27-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    No objections there. If it turns out well I'd like another prequel in the future with Dick as Nightwing and Tim as Robin in his early days. I'd much rather play this than the rumored Damian Wayne as Batman game.
    He said that the Damian game is also in development but it's probably a hoax,too detailed.

I like Matt Bomer for Dick, but he is too old. My top choices are Finn Wittrock of Matthew Daddario.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    In what country of this planet is 5`10 "pretty short"?
    Yeah. I'm 5'10 and I'm not "short". Of course, I'm not tall either.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

“A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

Thoughts?
    This was already debunked, sorry to say.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics