Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    I thought Higgins did that wonderfully with the Prankster during New 52.
    I thought it was a great take on the Prankster but it felt a little too close to Anarchy to me for some reason. Wouldn't be against it though. Odds are Prankster won't get much love from the Super-books, and the last time someone did something with him it was forgotten as soon as the writer left (Busiek, I believe it was).

Another thought I had was perhaps the Electrocutioner, Lock-Up, Black Spider, and Tarantula setting up in Bludhaven as more extreme vigilantes and you have Dick having to take them down, then they come back individually or together for revenge on Nightwing.
    I'd be game for Tarantula returning in almost any form. Lot of good stuff to work with there, considering the history. Lock-Up is a good idea too, I hadn't thought of him.

Electrocutioner should definitely return as a Nightwing foe....but only if he brings Plastique with him so we can get a return of the Bomb Squad!!

The whole Circus of the Strange fits well as a Nightwing villains.
    Why can I not remember who/what that is?

Double Dare also has that potential for a Catwoman-like pair of foes and hey it is Dick why not have two femme fatale sisters fighting over him.
    Double Dare! That was their name! I was going to mention them last night but couldn't think of what they were called. Closest I got was "Double Trouble" but that didn't sound right. And given how late it was, I didnt have it in me to Google them. But yes, they absolutely should return.

A reintroduced Lady Vic would always be exciting.
    Its a shame she's fallen into limbo. Such a fun bad guy!

A re-imagined Onomatopoeia could be a good challenge as well.
    I love that villain and wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Nightwing but I'd feel bad about it. Ollie doesn't have a lot of great villains in the first place, I feel like he's also someone who's rogues need some work and we shouldn't be poaching the few decent ones he has.

I was also wondering if there's anything left to be said with Nite-Wing, the guy Dick took under his wing during Dixon's run who ended up being a monster. I feel like his story ran its course but he had a lot of good showings back in the day......

So concerning the Court of Owls and the Talons.....obviously Dick has connections there, but could they be used as part of Dick's regular rogues gallery? I feel like maybe they're too firmly established as Bruce's villains for anything more than an occasional appearance. Or is that just me? I mean, if nothing else, I'd be down with a Talon (perhaps the one related to Dick) who decides to go rogue and hunt Dick down regardless of what the Court says.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask. I dropped Nightwing in favor of trade waiting right before Deathwing showed up, and haven't caught up on the trades (damn school and the holidays for getting in the way of my comics!) What's his deal now? Future version of Nightwing from an alternate reality? Clone? Psycho copycat? Whatever he is, he's worth keeping around just for the "evil version" factor but I cant say I know anything about his current version.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-08-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.