Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim is not a Wayne, and should have no claim on batfunds,

Choosing to be a superhero doesn't give him a spot in the will
    He was for a while, tho. It was the reboot that changed that. And Tim is obviously clever enough to be an asset to the company, as is Damian. Dick would be, too, if you know, he cared, lol. Back to Tim, he definitely should have a claim as he's more or less Bruce's son in the same way Dick is, and I mean Bruce is his legal guardian for a reason.

Idk about Dick and Wayne Enterprises., it could go against the current Robin Hood inspiration stuff which I really like. I mean, it could definitely be done, but the writer would have to care about that aspect.

I think it was mentioned that Dick might end up a cop again in this thread, and if he does, I hope he quickly moves up to being a Detective so he'd get to deal with the bigger cases and gets to do detective work, instead of being a beat cop and having to deal with the corruption and such like he's already done. I mean, I wouldn't even mind if he rarely appeared as Nightwing within the book itself and most of the focus was on all the good he does as Dick, while other books like Titans have to carry the lion share of Nightwing badassery (assuming that book gets a new writer that would be up for that, of course). Does Bludhaven need a full time superhero protector if it has a full time supercop? One who could actually interact with people and give interviews to the media in a way even Nightwing can't? Idk, I kinda like the idea of Dick Grayson being Bludhaven's hero, while he's one of the world's greatest heroes as Nightwing (again, assuming a Titans writer who actually wants to elevate the team is in charge).

Dick shouldn't be a part of Wayne Enterprises, but I could see him having a position with the Wayne Foundation.

Let him be a PR figurehead (low responsibility) while not putting him in an actual corporate role.

I think being a cop as well as a superhero can make for a bit of a tricky narrative in the sense it is a similar thing but one doesn't have the rules. It can also thin the line between Dick Grayson and Nightwing in that it is a similar thing and make the contrast lacking. Grayson was free of that in the way he wasn't burdened by neither from a story point of view, now that he's reclaimed it, there needs to be a way to make his life as Dick Grayson as interesting as his Nightwing side. Stretching on from the detective aspect would be cool, though I would prefer Private Investigator, it could be interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    He was for a while, tho. It was the reboot that changed that. And Tim is obviously clever enough to be an asset to the company, as is Damian. Dick would be, too, if you know, he cared, lol. Back to Tim, he definitely should have a claim as he's more or less Bruce's son in the same way Dick is, and I mean Bruce is his legal guardian for a reason.

Idk about Dick and Wayne Enterprises., it could go against the current Robin Hood inspiration stuff which I really like. I mean, it could definitely be done, but the writer would have to care about that aspect.

I think it was mentioned that Dick might end up a cop again in this thread, and if he does, I hope he quickly moves up to being a Detective so he'd get to deal with the bigger cases and gets to do detective work, instead of being a beat cop and having to deal with the corruption and such like he's already done. I mean, I wouldn't even mind if he rarely appeared as Nightwing within the book itself and most of the focus was on all the good he does as Dick, while other books like Titans have to carry the lion share of Nightwing badassery (assuming that book gets a new writer that would be up for that, of course). Does Bludhaven need a full time superhero protector if it has a full time supercop? One who could actually interact with people and give interviews to the media in a way even Nightwing can't? Idk, I kinda like the idea of Dick Grayson being Bludhaven's hero, while he's one of the world's greatest heroes as Nightwing (again, assuming a Titans writer who actually wants to elevate the team is in charge).

It weird tho he has a family a father and mother.

Yeah dicks gonna be a cop, since he will be again in TITANS

I know there are many reasons why it wouldn't work, but I think it would be interesting if Dick was known to be Nightwing. Like, he still fights crime in the suit, but the public knows who's under the mask. Maybe if only for a single story arc or run.

Mighty Member

I know its silly to complain about realism in comics but Dick being a cop really stretched mine. Between the time restraints and gun he should've been fired after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim is not a Wayne, and should have no claim on batfunds,

Choosing to be a superhero doesn't give him a spot in the will
    Uh. At the very least, he's Bruce's ward. He was referred to as that just recently. In the past, it's been more than that.

I know its silly to complain about realism in comics but Dick being a cop really stretched mine. Between the time restraints and gun he should've been fired after a week.
    As somebody that liked Dick's as a cop, i actually agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    How would he get any sleep? That's what always bothered me, since cops and detectives are notorious for overworking.

How would he get any sleep? That's what always bothered me, since cops and detectives are notorious for overworking.
    Well, Dick is as obbsessed as Bruce about crime fighting, so i guest that not a lot.

Dick was overworked as cop. That was one of big issues that he had to deal with.

Tim was a poster boy for Wayne Foundation. It was risky, because he gave interviews, press conferences and stuff. He appeared on TV too, so anyone could have recognised him, if something happens with his cowl.

Last edited by shadowsgirl; 10-31-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

If it wasn't such a big risk to the the batfam, I'd like to see Dick be a public hero. I think that would solve the personal life issue as far as a job. You can have him payrolled by Argus or hell even Batman Inc. that way he'll be able to globe trot as well as not be burdened with having to worry about work. Again one of the few things in the way of that is it'll connect too many threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I know there are many reasons why it wouldn't work, but I think it would be interesting if Dick was known to be Nightwing. Like, he still fights crime in the suit, but the public knows who's under the mask. Maybe if only for a single story arc or run.
    We just had this after Forever Evil. The whole world knew who Nightwing was. Unfortunately DC decided to not really do anything with it and just had Dick fake his death then go be a spy and then used a super satellite that will never be used again to make everyone forget who Nightwing was except for a few people like Bruce, lol.