Page 1079 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 7957997910291069107510761077107810791080108110821083108911291179 ... LastLast
Results 16,171 to 16,185 of 21418
    Mighty Member

I hope they shake up the Justice League in the future and allow members outside of the seven. Heroes like Nightwing, Supergirl, Green Arrow, etc. will be greatly helped if they do. It makes the Justice League feel like the center of the superhero community, and a large part of everyone's life. Limiting it to the seven also limits the amount and quality of stories the Justice League writers can make.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I hope they shake up the Justice League in the future and allow members outside of the seven. Heroes like Nightwing, Supergirl, Green Arrow, etc. will be greatly helped if they do. It makes the Justice League feel like the center of the superhero community, and a large part of everyone's life. Limiting it to the seven also limits the amount and quality of stories the Justice League writers can make.
    And add Frankenstein, please.

Dark Days: The Road to Metal Dark Days: The Forge #1, Dark Days: The Casting #1, Nightwing #17, Detective Comics #950.

Seems to confirm those Dick Grayson dopplegangers are from the dark multiverse.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

BANNED

Um Talon was from Earth 3 and the previous Deathwing was from another timeline on Post Crisis Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Um Talon was from Earth 3 and the previous Deathwing was from another timeline on Post Crisis Earth.
    I know that's what I thought as one is definitely talon. However, this paperback collection implies they are tied to metal and likely something to do with the dark multiverse.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Dark Days: The Road to Metal Dark Days: The Forge #1, Dark Days: The Casting #1, Nightwing #17, Detective Comics #950.

It's incredibly telling that they chose #17 and not #20, as the latter is the end of the story and actually focuses on Hurt's fear of what's coming and a dark future version of our Dick. The fact that they chose #17 definitely points to at least one of two things, imo. 1) The familiar but not familiar Dick that's supposed to appear in Gotham Resistance is Deathwing (as #17 is the big Deathwing issue) or 2) the "evil" doppelgängers are related to the Dark Multiverse, as you said.

I reread #20 just now, and I forgot how much I actually like Dick's variation of the Deathwing costume as an "evil Nightwing" design and Damian's version of the Nightwing suit which I love because it's just as sleek and simple as Dick's, but isn't as "soft" and has little details like a belt and "techie" gloves.

I liked Hurt but I dislike Deathwing. So that whole arc was all over the place for me. Also I liked the focus on Damian but I just didn't care about the Shawn drama. It is probably the story I am most split on in the whole Nightwing run.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post

What is this going to be collected together as? Some pre-Metal collection? A little odd they picked #17, but I guess they could only use 1 issue.

As for the Metal event in general I don't really know what to think of it. I'm probably going to end up passing since I doubt Dick does anything worthwhile. He's still so irrelevant in the DCU that I can't see him playing any sort of role that would be worth buying it. Unless you are Batman, a JL character, or Synder's pet I don't think the event will do much for you. Will probably just be used to prop up other characters, namely Batman, so I guess those are my feelings on it right now. Guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What is this going to be collected together as? Some pre-Metal collection? A little odd they picked #17, but I guess they could only use 1 issue.

As for the Metal event in general I don't really know what to think of it. I'm probably going to end up passing since I doubt Dick does anything worthwhile. He's still so irrelevant in the DCU that I can't see him playing any sort of role that would be worth buying it. Unless you are Batman, a JL character, or Synder's pet I don't think the event will do much for you. Will probably just be used to prop up other characters, namely Batman, so I guess those are my feelings on it right now. Guess we will see.
    Yeah, it's why I brought up Deathwing in my post, either he's important to Metal in some way, or the other Dicks are.

And actually, Dick basically cameos in Metal #2's preview, looks like Bruce is pulling the same sort of bait-and-switch he did with The Joker in Endgame by having Dick dress up as Batman, but this time Dick's baiting the whole JL while Bruce is elsewhere. Idk what that means for Dick's role in the story, I mean I'd love it if he tagged along with the JL after that bit for the event, but I doubt it. At most, I imagine we'll see the Titans in #6 (Snyder did say they do... something in the event), and I think Snyder and Capullo are well aware that they'll get some buzz if they throw in an ass-shot of Dick since they've talked about that on Twitter when Metal was announced.

I think Gotham Resistance is going to be the biggest thing Dick does during it all, which personally, I'm kinda looking forward to, but we'll see how it goes since it seems to be mostly headed by Percy (so... a lot of Damian, Ollie, and Dinah, I bet).

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yeah, it's why I brought up Deathwing in my post, either he's important to Metal in some way, or the other Dicks are.

And actually, Dick basically cameos in Metal #2's preview, looks like Bruce is pulling the same sort of bait-and-switch he did with The Joker in Endgame by having Dick dress up as Batman, but this time Dick's baiting the whole JL while Bruce is elsewhere. Idk what that means for Dick's role in the story, I mean I'd love it if he tagged along with the JL after that bit for the event, but I doubt it. At most, I imagine we'll see the Titans in #6 (Snyder did say they do... something in the event), and I think Snyder and Capullo are well aware that they'll get some buzz if they throw in an ass-shot of Dick since they've talked about that on Twitter when Metal was announced.

I think Gotham Resistance is going to be the biggest thing Dick does during it all, which personally, I'm kinda looking forward to, but we'll see how it goes since it seems to be mostly headed by Percy (so... a lot of Damian, Ollie, and Dinah, I bet).
    In Metal #2 preview Flash had like 3-4 different Batmans tied to a tree. So I figure that Dick will dress up like Batman again, but Jason, Tim (if he is back) and maybe a few others are also dressing up as Batman and all get taken out while Bruce does the important stuff. I don't expect Dick to do much in the story other than that. Dick seems to have developed a bad habit of getting captured and tied up to something in these events.

As for Gotham Resistance it is a pass for me as well. It just seems like a generic tie in to boost sales, and Nightwing has a bad history of those. Seeley is helping out with writing it, I think, so it will probably be better than Monster Men, but I'm not expecting much from it. Maybe that is the best outlook to take for these kind of things.

Extraordinary Member

I just saw the Batman and Harley Quinn movie

So
    all in all pretty good showing for nightwing compared to all his other films appearances.

I almost liked him and Harley... almost better then Bruce and Babs
    I wish i could say they amped up Harley Quinns combat too much but they didnt, she should be that good
    I think Dick was just holding back.
    He has to be they confirmed Shiva was in that world so the scale tops with her

BANNED

Really, I thought his appearance here was utterly degrading here.

It's not hurting Dick's popularity. It's more of limiting his popularity. He is stuck in the Titans for the foreseeable future. Might at least have some great stories.
    Dick is probably the most popular B-List characther of DC, i don't like Seely and Kings runs that much but their work on Grayson and Nightwing has been well recieved by the fans and critics and he is still the Robin with the less broken fanbase and one of the few charachters whose development over the years has actually stuck, hell according to the Gotham Police he did a better job than Bruce as Batman . How more popular he can be?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    the Robin with the less broken fanbase
    You haven't been in this thread very long

Well at least people agreed that he should exist. Sometimes the others don't even recieve that.

Astonishing Member

Nightwing's likely never being put on an A-list team like the JL or JLA in any meaningful capacity. However, that doesn't obligate him to operate with his "peers" who simply haven't generated the same level of interest or direction. As someone said before, he's one of DC's top B-listers, so deserves a chance to develop a niche for himself as leader of a team with a distinct purpose and some degree of staying power.

The concept of a covert team developed by the Young Justice show could translate well to comics and give him opportunities to interact with Spyral further. A team of Nightwing, Plastic Man, Doctor Mist and 2 other cool, but underused characters saving the world from secret threats could be fun. Something like a lighter Suicide Squad, but with more focus on unique aspects of the DCU like magic and aliens on Earth. Nightwing is at that level where he should be able to work with lots of characters and do some unique things without having to operate in the shadow of the Justice League.