Page 1081 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107710781079108010811082108310841085109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,215 of 21418

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    But that's what I'm saying. Why aren't they doing that synergy better?
    It seems a little too late on that synergy considering it's been off the air for a long time. Yes I know about the GO series but why would they try to connect with that one when everyone who liked the original can't stand the new show? I think the current line-up is the best the Titans can do in terms of synergy since it matches most with Young Justice, the show so far has been a Titans show with the Young Justice name slapped on it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Too late? Like it or not TT GO is one of CNs most popular shows, and the Titans have a live action TV show coming. The current line-up isn't even close the Titans can do in terms of synergy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It seems a little too late on that synergy considering it's been off the air for a long time. Yes I know about the GO series but why would they try to connect with that one when everyone who liked the original can't stand the new show? I think the current line-up is the best the Titans can do in terms of synergy since it matches most with Young Justice, the show so far has been a Titans show with the Young Justice name slapped on it.
    Except the it's not too late. TT Go is super popular and they have a live action show soon. Also it's not everyone. I like TTGO. This line up could match much better.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I don't get all the hate for Omen? I mean how often does a team even get to use telepathy outside of the x-men? Not very, and Lilith has had a strong connection to the team over the years, so I don't see why people are dissing her that much.

As for Dick, and the others, a stronger plot or maybe have someone else do the scripting to the plot vs. what we have right now? It's not a terrible book, needs some work, but over all it's not god awful, and no where near as bad as some of it's previous incarnations. So I get that the characters aren't being written up to snuff yet, eventually we'll probably see the team shift for another writer in the near future. Hopefully we'll see some changes then, but for now at least, while it does have a generic tone to it, there is a sense of consistency. Something that in previous works we didn't have.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Except the it's not too late. TT Go is super popular and they have a live action show soon. Also it's not everyone. I like TTGO. This line up could match much better.
    The problem with TTGO is that it's more geared towards the comedic end of things, Titans is supposed to be more drama based. They're not teens anymore, so more adult situations should crop up. Jokes and comedy need to come in via the situations not be shoved in there with really bad humor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The problem with TTGO is that it's more geared towards the comedic end of things, Titans is supposed to be more drama based. They're not teens anymore, so more adult situations should crop up. Jokes and comedy need to come in via the situations not be shoved in there with really bad humor.
    Of course I don't mean it should be the same tone. Although even the old show had comedy episodes. The problem is that they may as well be teens with the current drama and childish stupidity going on right now. They are easily the least interesting team and have accomplished next to nothing. A line up change might not fix that but at least then it would be happening to people I slightly care about ( sorry Lilith fans).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Nightwing's likely never being put on an A-list team like the JL or JLA in any meaningful capacity. However, that doesn't obligate him to operate with his "peers" who simply haven't generated the same level of interest or direction. As someone said before, he's one of DC's top B-listers, so deserves a chance to develop a niche for himself as leader of a team with a distinct purpose and some degree of staying power.

The concept of a covert team developed by the Young Justice show could translate well to comics and give him opportunities to interact with Spyral further. A team of Nightwing, Plastic Man, Doctor Mist and 2 other cool, but underused characters saving the world from secret threats could be fun. Something like a lighter Suicide Squad, but with more focus on unique aspects of the DCU like magic and aliens on Earth. Nightwing is at that level where he should be able to work with lots of characters and do some unique things without having to operate in the shadow of the Justice League.
    The thing is just that there aren't really many "top B-listers" who aren't either members of the Justice League (or at least have been traditionally members of the League even if they aren't in the current incarnation like for example Green Arrow), the Batfamily or the Titans.
    And I doubt if Doctor Mist is even a B-Lister.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Even with better and more distinctive writing how do sell the idea of the Titans a premier superhero team with the likes of Gnarrk and Lilith.
    What about these two characters makes them ineligible for a superhero team other than your dislike for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What about these two characters makes them ineligible for a superhero team other than your dislike for them?
    Their complete inability to draw and decades of general disinterest.

Their complete inability to draw and decades of general disinterest.
    The current sales say a different story.

Besides if this were a valid reason to leave them out then frankly most non Bat characters in comics would be left out.

BANNED

Sales of a book using an established brand and starring Dick and Wally you mean?

Nobody reads it Gnark or Lilith or frankly even Garth and Roy.

The current sales say a different story.
    You really think they contribute anything to Titans current sales?

You really think they contribute anything to Titans current sales?
    They certainly don't hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Sales of a book using an established brand and starring Dick and Wally you mean?

Nobody reads it Gnark or Lilith or frankly even Garth and Roy.
    The previous Titans books after Wolfman weren't high sellers either even when they had Dick and Wally. So just having them doesn't guarantee sales.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-16-2017 at 12:20 AM.

They certainly don't hurt it.
    Because they are non-factors.